PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Shame?

lol
03-27-2008, 12:31 AM
I think you should put a list of people who are Very bad or got banned. :lol: This way, it will be a good lookout for the Forum Community to spot baddies and keep a sharp eye out for them. Ay? Nay? Comments?

texan_idiot25
03-27-2008, 12:34 AM
We keep our eyes on the newly registered members all the time to watch for banned members ;)

meme405
03-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Please dont put me on there, I can change. I swear!

Lol

I dont think this is such a good idea, but if it were to happen it would need to be something that all the major forums work together on.

texan_idiot25
03-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Like I said, we keep tabs of what's going on at other xmod forums and such. And when someone gets banned, we keep an eye on their IP addresses. ;)

Lowrideit, Spade, and the sort, are gone for good.

Surgeon
03-27-2008, 01:29 AM
We basically have this in secret areas...very secretively. The problem with putting a hall of shame out in the open is that it might do the opposite, and actually entice members to act up. If you thought you were going to be banned anyway, why not go all the way and make it into the hall of shame?

Luckily there is a lot of inter-forum communication and different members giving each other a heads up. When some one signs up for the first time, they get a clean board to start...if they screw it up they are outta here.

fordman239
03-27-2008, 04:15 PM
i admit, i was banned quite a few times, and i understand why, but thats not the point im trying to make. idk if im allowed to post here or watever, but i am going to say im probably one of the worst post whores. om sorry that i said that, but its all over. im in the hall of shame, lol, but theres nothing i can do about it. if im not allowed to post this, please take it off, but im just going to put myself out there. that doesnt mean im a bad person, that just means i cant shut my mouth (in this case stop typing) when i should. but im a good trader/seller/buyer.

xmodscarbon's_lost
03-27-2008, 04:23 PM
I have a question.What happened to Lowrideit?

Jalengrayson
03-27-2008, 04:31 PM
yea i wanna know what happened
one day i saw his for sell/trade/buy thread

next day he was banned...

Surgeon
03-27-2008, 04:49 PM
I have a question.What happened to Lowrideit?

yea i wanna know what happened
one day i saw his for sell/trade/buy thread

next day he was banned...

Lowrideit was posting misinformation on the forum. The last case in question, he stole the pictures of some one else's 300zx tt and posted it as his own. He was constantly spamming and starting flame wars based upon the false pretenses of his lies and people calling him out on his lies. Do you remember when he had the online diary of his artificial dates with his teacher? He had a brand new lancer evo7 that was all tricked out but he couldn't show proof? When some one proved that he was full of BS he started huge flame wars. Due to the fact he couldn't stop lying about his personal life he was banned to facilitate collateral damage of the chaos that ensued.

xmodscarbon's_lost
03-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Lowrideit was posting misinformation on the forum. The last case in question, he stole the pictures of some one else's 300zx tt and posted it as his own. He was constantly spamming and starting flame wars based upon the false pretenses of his lies and people calling him out on his lies. Do you remember when he had the online diary of his artificial dates with his teacher? He had a brand new lancer evo7 that was all tricked out but he couldn't show proof? When some one proved that he was full of BS he started huge flame wars. Due to the fact he couldn't stop lying about his personal life he was banned to facilitate collateral damage of the chaos that ensued.
So he doesn't have a evo lancer?Wow thats why he said that he can't get anymore pictures.:lol:

Surgeon
03-27-2008, 04:56 PM
So he doesn't have a evo lancer?Wow thats why he said that he can't get anymore pictures.:lol:

He doesn't have a lancer, or a twin turbo 300zx, and he didn't date his teacher, he stole the pictures from her myspace. All of this has been proven by various members submitting information to the moderating team....

With that in mind...do you want to send him money for goods?

imnotmikal
03-27-2008, 04:58 PM
This is what I view a Hall of Shame to be:
A Hall of Fame for the bad people.
If we had a Hall of Shame, people would try to be on to get there name out there with the rest of the 'baddies'

xmodscarbon's_lost
03-27-2008, 04:59 PM
He doesn't have a lancer, or a twin turbo 300zx, and he didn't date his teacher, he stole the pictures from her myspace. All of this has been proven by various members submitting information to the moderating team....

With that in mind...do you want to send him money for goods?
Sorry mom i have to say this but HELL NO!:pThats just sad that he did that also.I can't wait to get my first car.It will be a Nissan 240sx with skyline conver. kit.(I hope:uhoh:)

jameslew
03-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Sorry mom i have to say this but HELL NO!:pThats just sad that he did that also.I can't wait to get my first car.It will be a Nissan 240sx with skyline conver. kit.(I hope:uhoh:)

nice:) i wish that was my first car...... my first car might be a 93 celica(sitting in the yard at my dads house)

Jalengrayson
03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
wow...lowrideit should be ashamed of himself...

hall of shame numero uno

texan_idiot25
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
You need to think twice about allowing him as apart of the staff at your forum. :nod: 72Yenko. I'd be willing to bet the Yenko ain't his parents.

xmodscarbon's_lost, jameslew- This thread isn't for your 1st car. Go here: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12112 ;)

bondo
03-27-2008, 06:11 PM
ive seen this question asked on a few forums(sometimes even by moderators) and the end result is always the same.
no thread to belittle members has ever been made.
regardless of how rude they are or how many rules they've broken, there is simply no need to make a public case about it.

all that does is make someone look bad when it's obvious that they've already done a good enough job themselves.

we try to deal with members in a fair manner but some simply feel the need to push the envelope instead of taking their lumps like a man.

i'll use spade and fordman(since he popped up in here) as examples.

spade started off flaming members and spamming posts.
he earned his infractions and accumulated enough for a temp ban.
he then came back and started in on the staff.
he you had a greivance with the staff and that's fine but we wont tolerate flaming,espescially if it's because he cant control his fingers.
so...he got more points that resulted in another temp ban.
when he got back from that one he started right back up where he left off so now spade is no longer with us.

fordman started off as one of the biggest pains i have ever seen on ANY forum.
he's been banned multiple times from every forum i've seen him on.
general rule violations,spam,flaming and creating multiple accounts.
then came back as Brasso, the mods knew who he was but he was being a good boy(for awhile)
then he was outed as fordman and went back to his old ways.
XMS was hacked and his bans were lifted as a result of the database being lost.
we decided to let him stay until he messes up but so far he's been a good boy again.

the point of these two examples is that making a thread for members who have been schmucks isnt going to do anything but make people live up to the name.
if we would have put fordman into a catagory like that then he might not have been so inclined to follow the rules and we would be starting at square one with him.

if we added spade to the list and he saw it while signed in as guest then that might encourage him to re-register with another IP just to get back at us.

not to mention that it's just plain rude and a form of flaming unto itself......
one of spades infractions came from him coining the term "fail infractions" wich is similar to what is being suggested here.

Donziikid
03-27-2008, 09:33 PM
MiniZRacer has a list of who has been banned from the forum due to spamming. They publicize the banned members IP and eMail address and handle. Although most of these are bots, I'm sure a few of them have been actual members. (You can only view this page if you are a member of MZR.)

However, MZR is a different forum. I'm not saying this is the correct or incorrect thing to do, but I have yet to see/hear of any problems from doing this.

Just thought I'd share that information. :)

firebird999
03-27-2008, 09:54 PM
He had a brand new lancer evo7 that was all tricked out but he couldn't show proof?
oh yeah! he was "taking his teacher to olive garden when he saw the evo and decided to trade for it."

the point of these two examples is that making a thread for members who have been schmucks isnt going to do anything but make people live up to the name.
yeah, exactly. if texan or fordman was on that list when they were banned, i can almost bet they'd (stereotype alert!) try to live up to it, like the duke boys. lol, nahhh i'm just kidding. but yeah, take it from experience, i'm proud to be disliked by 40% of the crowd. i could probably control myself, but others would treat it like a game.

texan_idiot25
03-27-2008, 10:42 PM
No no, see, unlike fordman I was a useful member. I just fought the nasty mods all the time.

BART
03-27-2008, 10:50 PM
No no, see, unlike fordman I was a useful member. I just fought the nasty mods all the time.
+1

firebird999
03-28-2008, 07:37 AM

yeah, i know, but from a texan guy that likes chevy, well, i just had to say it.

fordman239
03-29-2008, 10:24 AM
fordman started off as one of the biggest pains i have ever seen on ANY forum.
he's been banned multiple times from every forum i've seen him on.
general rule violations,spam,flaming and creating multiple accounts.
then came back as Brasso, the mods knew who he was but he was being a good boy(for awhile)
then he was outed as fordman and went back to his old ways.
XMS was hacked and his bans were lifted as a result of the database being lost.
we decided to let him stay until he messes up but so far he's been a good boy again.

i certainly try, and yeah, i sometimes spam, but i cant really go on as much anymore, so its all good. but i respct the other members on the forum 2. like lowrideit, he has started many flame wars with me, and on his own forum, i think its his, he had just started stupid stuff. i dont remember spade, so i cant recall him spamming.

i am also a useful member, you cant make that accusation, becuz i dont think all of ur posts are useful either, but some are, just like me, just like everyone.

firebird999
03-29-2008, 10:28 AM
he "was" a useful member. back in the days that you weren't.

fordman239
03-29-2008, 10:43 AM
he "was" a useful member. back in the days that you weren't.

stop starting stuff, seriously.

Titantaw12
03-29-2008, 10:52 AM
stop starting stuff, seriously.

Well Fordman is a good member. He has a 4 for Trader Rating.

Stampedekid
03-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Fordman, I appreciate you as a good member. Back then when you were the original fordman, I had something against you. You are an awesome member with some cool projects, but sometimes when you post....you go overboard. You came back and for the most part, you have been good. Look at your trader rating. People think you are great! Isn't that enough for you guys? Fordman is a good member. I wouldn't say you would be on the hall of shame, maybe the hall of post wh-ring.

meme405
03-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Trader rating is for buying and selling purposes. You could be the biggest post whore/spammer/bull****er, and still have a good trader rating.

I personally havnt accepted fordman as a great member yet, however he is in no way a bad member (currently). The only reason i havnt accepted you as a great memmber is really because technically you shouldnt be here. However if thats true tex shoudnt be here either, so i guess it seems fair that you are...

fordman239
03-29-2008, 01:35 PM
well, i understand what you just said, and i accept that u dont accept me, but like u said, then u couldnt really accept texan either, or whiteMKIV, becuz he has registered here like 4 times, and all the other noobs that did the same things as me. im a veteran of this forum, if u will, but i try not to post whore, or anything, becuz it just ****es people off, but everyone only gets ****ed at me, i mean, not only me, but publicly, me, everyone esle just gets the pms, but still, there are some members on here, not sayin names, it will only start a "bash fordman" thread, but there are some that are far worse than i even was.

2wdpancar
03-29-2008, 01:39 PM
You guys realize Fordman might have a crappy history, but he has changed a lot, and he doesn't start a thing now, atleast from what I see.
He isn't a problem, now others on the other hand...

Titantaw12
03-29-2008, 01:51 PM
You guys realize Fordman might have a crappy history, but he has changed a lot, and he doesn't start a thing now, atleast from what I see.
He isn't a problem, now others on the other hand...

Your Exally Right!

imnotmikal
03-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Your Exally Right!

You, on the other hand, I have a big problem with you.

Titantaw12
03-29-2008, 02:03 PM
You, on the other hand, I have a big problem with you.

I have a problem with you too buddy.:)

Surgeon
03-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Thread closed. Titan, watch yourself you are skating on thin ice.