PDA

View Full Version : this is a stupid question...

firebird999
03-25-2008, 08:06 AM
i made a "real cars" thread in off topic on accident.will it just be deleted before it shows up, or can it still be moved? sorry for the stupid question, but the only "wrong" threads i've seen were moved to off topic, not out of it. i just wanna know if it'll be deleted before it would normally show up or not.

bondo
03-25-2008, 08:50 AM
i moved it and then deleted it.
the reason that i deleted it is because if you read the stickies in the "Real Cars" section, there is one that clearly states "No VS. Threads".
just as chux pointed out in that sticky, the member base here is far too immature to handle discussions like that without going over the deep end and getting offended by other peoples opinions.

to answer your question though, we wont just delete a thread because it was posted in the wrong section.
we'll simply move it with a freindly reminder to check where your posting prior to.
if we find that a member is repeatedly posting threads in the wrong sections then there will probably be some punishment until the member straightens out.

texan_idiot25
03-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Plus, in your initial post, you ask to not start a flame war, but your entire post was biased flamming with out a single factual comment. Fine example of why the thread was deleted. ;)

firebird999
03-25-2008, 06:08 PM
i moved it and then deleted it.
the reason that i deleted it is because if you read the stickies in the "Real Cars" section, there is one that clearly states "No VS. Threads".
just as chux pointed out in that sticky, the member base here is far too immature to handle discussions like that without going over the deep end and getting offended by other peoples opinions.

to answer your question though, we wont just delete a thread because it was posted in the wrong section.
we'll simply move it with a freindly reminder to check where your posting prior to.
if we find that a member is repeatedly posting threads in the wrong sections then there will probably be some punishment until the member straightens out.
sorry, i forgot to read the stickies. i never go in that section so i had absolutely no clue. sorry again...
Plus, in your initial post, you ask to not start a flame war, but your entire post was biased flamming with out a single factual comment. Fine example of why the thread was deleted. ;)
i wanted it to be like a debate, like an academic debate in high school. i had no intention of hurting anyone's feelings or anything, but i guess even though i stated that no one would take it into consideration. i guess you did the right thing to delete it, and sorry again for not reading the rules.

oh, btw, now that this thread is basically dead, i'd like to point out that gamer's corner posts raise your post count, and idk if it's supposed to, but it is definately off topic, so just in case you forgot or whatever, i just thought i'd let you know.

bondo
03-25-2008, 07:54 PM
the problem lies in the fact that there is no debating with an 8yr old.
half of the time the older members cant even be civil in a debate.
it's been proven time and time again wich is why we dont allow political/religion based conversations.
the political and religion based convo's are something that people get too heated too quickly over and some feel that their favorite brand of cars are just as important as what god they follow or what demographic they are a part of.
in some circles, the car you drive directly depicts your standings in society.
all of this has the increased potential to start flame wars.
in our opinion, it's better to stop these before they start. it makes our job a little easier.

firebird999
03-25-2008, 09:38 PM
the problem lies in the fact that there is no debating with an 8yr old.
half of the time the older members cant even be civil in a debate.
it's been proven time and time again wich is why we dont allow political/religion based conversations.
the political and religion based convo's are something that people get too heated too quickly over and some feel that their favorite brand of cars are just as important as what god they follow or what demographic they are a part of.
in some circles, the car you drive directly depicts your standings in society.
all of this has the increased potential to start flame wars.
in our opinion, it's better to stop these before they start. it makes our job a little easier.
yeah, that is true. i remember when i was asking if there was anyone else in my religion, and some hot headed [member of a different religion] had to come and hate on me. i guess i should've thought of that before making such a stupid thread, i never realized that people are that desperate to have it their way. now if Gandhi were an administrator on this site, well, you can bet this problem would be diminished!:lol: