PDA

View Full Version : Crawling truck servo help

superinfinity
03-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Hey i just put a servo motor in my truck for a butload of torque. crawled really good but now it just quit. help?

snowboi1289
03-24-2008, 05:56 PM
How much volts did you use ??
It might have burnt the motor,striped the gears or fried you FETs(somehow)..

superinfinity
03-24-2008, 06:05 PM
7.4V liths and offroad tires. fets are fine

2wdpancar
03-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Donzii said that you shouldn't use above 4.8v I think, that little motor can't take it dude.

I mean, people wreck the motor on 4.8v, I wouldn't doubt that it wouldn't work on Li-ions..

texan_idiot25
03-24-2008, 06:09 PM
You really don't need li-ions for the servo motor. That motor is fried no doubt.

Donziikid
03-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Are you sure it isn't your Xmod? Check all the connections from the motor to the ESC, even inside the servo case to make sure a wire just didn't pop off. If everything is in tact your probably fried your servo, somehow.

Whatever voltage your can run safely through your ESC can be used to run the servo. However, because we put these servo motors under such strain, it causes them to weaken and "fry" faster. Most of the time this isn't reversable unless you know what the problem is; the motors are just too hard to disassemble, fix and then reassemble.

My guess: you've ran the motor at the higher voltage for too long, causing it to get too warm and not be able to disipate the heat fast enough. This caused your brushes to lose contact with the communicator and stop the motor.

taiwanesekid05
03-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Is it a HS-55? Mine blew out with stock voltage so the same might have happened with yours.