PDA

View Full Version : What is the point

WRXSTi92
03-24-2008, 04:05 AM
What is the point in someone coming over to you thread and making a rude comment about you whats the point why bother coming to a thread you do not want to talk about the SUBJECT on heres a little example meme405
Elite member
Nonetheless i neglected to read your entire thread only because i have seen all your other posts on the site and feel they are pretty much all pointless. This is why you might not be getting as many replies as you want on your thread...you might try toning down the 20 post-per-day.

I have been on this site lately like myspace users messaging eachother This site has helped me more than any forum in xmods so ive been on it maybe thats why i have 20 posts per day what else do you have to do on a easter weekend where everything is closed or sold out this is my myspace

firebird999
03-24-2008, 07:57 AM
constructive criticism. if you don't like it, sell your computer.
about the posting. i have 1.43 a day, and even that's high. look around you, there are people with like .3 a day.

Surgeon
03-24-2008, 08:23 AM
To me, it doesn't matter the amount of posts you have. What matters most is the amount of content that is in your posts. I've given you warnings about posting, and you really need to get some self refrain. This thread, for example, is SPAM. If you wanted to take a point out on the member, click the report post button. You are not on xmodsrc.com, and if you keep acting like you are you will end up banned. Please follow the rules, and take the time to watch how the forum is run before you wind up getting banned.

A comment like that is other users picking up on you breaking the rules.

imnotmikal
03-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Just stop *****ing about it.
People don't like to read half your posts, because just about every single one of them has been spam.
And just to let you know, that whole 'not on subject' thing happens here. A lot. Most of it gets deleted, but theres still some that stays.
Just deal with it, try not to post unless you have a sentence or 2, not just like 4 words, and try to use correct grammar. Every sentence ends with a period, and 'I' is capitalized.
Just my 0.02

Thanks,
Mikal

bestdragon2001
03-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I only have .49 posts per day so You do need to slow down on posting

Surgeon
03-24-2008, 10:03 AM
It isn't as much as your post per day, but what is in that post. If you had 120 posts per day of useful information, I see absolutely no problem with that. Logically, that would be more than an absurd number.

You can also look into the fact that he signed up over easter weekend and spring break. There is more forum activity at this point, and it would give him more resources to respond to.

However, a lot of his posts were spam, and they have been dealt with. He also had duplicate posts/threads which have been dealt with.

imnotmikal
03-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Woohoo Spring Break!
Lol, yeah, I know, wrong time to post spam...
Or is this spam?
I'll make it not be.
I remember someone here (was it you, WRXSTi?) said 'Coming from a member with over 400 posts' when I said post count doesn't matter.
Well, yeah, I do have over 400 posts, but my posts per day is 1.09 (which is more than I want it to be, I want around .75; I remember a few weeks ago it was like .38 because I hadn't been on in a month or 2)
Anyway, I don't think post count matters, but post quality does. A lot.
Posts per day doesn't really matter either, I consider more of a guideline for the member to personally keep in check. Posts per day, IMO, should be around 1 or 2 a day, but if the posts are legit, with good info, then, be my guest, post it up.

Just my 0.02... again.
That's .04! Wow! 4 whole cents. Woot!
I'm listening to Avril Lavigne. Aren't I manly?

suicide_star
03-24-2008, 11:35 AM
don't let it get under your skin too much dude, when people first come here it takes a little time to adjust to the rules. the only reason anybody's jumping your as now is because they've seen some members start out the same way and only progressively get worse. surgeon is just trying to help you out, not pick on you. the only reason meme said something is because he's seen us get so many spammers lately and he just pointed out the obvious. :nod:

meme405
03-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I didn't mean to be as rude as I was, i guess i was a little harsher than i wanted. My point was to try to make you see that people dont want to see garbage (not saying everything you do is garbage). But the fact of the matter is that when you first signed up you made three threads about the same thing in less than a hour...

I have infractions and such too, for doing the same kinds of stupid things when i first signed up (not exactly the same, but its different for everyone...), so im not trying to pick on you especially since im not the one to be doing that...regarding spam at least...LOL

Just remember if you dont get a reply you are looking for, whether it be an opinion about your car or even you, or even if you dont get replies to a thread. Give it time, do not make different threads about it.

Sorry. But I was trying to kinda help, maybe not in the best way so I am sorry...

And knvcted, i dont always capatilize the "I" 's it takes to long LOL...

dontspamme
03-24-2008, 02:26 PM
All I got to say is, Quality not quantity.

Yes, Knvictd, you are manly... lol.

snowboi1289
03-24-2008, 03:14 PM
I think the only reason why hes mad,is because he used to go to xmodsrc.com or that rs xmods site,and they dont have any rules there and he comes to this forum,were there are alot of rules you have to obey..He's new,he'll get over it sooner-or-later,I did and mostly everybody else did..

The point that im trying to make will prolly help you out alot,its constructive criticism posts that help you out sometimes..

texan_idiot25
03-24-2008, 05:56 PM
3 words:

QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY.

Thank you for your time. :p

WRXSTi92
03-24-2008, 06:08 PM
i wasn't exactly mad but My post count is indeed high but lately like i said ive been glued to this site. ANd i understand i was making alot of postst about the same thing and yet ive learned my lesson i don't do that no more and also i did alot of posts on the other types of threads the real cars and Gamers corner

bondo
03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
i wasn't exactly mad but My post count is indeed high but lately like i said ive been glued to this site. ANd i understand i was making alot of postst about the same thing and yet ive learned my lesson i don't do that no more and also i did alot of posts on the other types of threads the real cars and Gamers corner

none of those sections count towards your post count.
this thread is utterly pointless since all of the guidelines and rules are laid out.
other members even pointed out your mistakes yet you fail to see them.
what's worse is some of the members that pointed them out are some of the same that have dealt with the same stuff in the past.
get over yourself.
this site is not going to change simply because you cant learn to play along.

if you dont like it here then you can go back where you came from and see if you get the same kind of ideas and help.
the info that you get on XMDSRC is free because it is basic knowledge that my 10yr old nephew knows.
the info that you can gain here comes at a price.
the price you pay to be a member here is respect for the staff and the rules.
if you dont like it we will be happy to show you the door and the trail that leads back to where you came from.

this is the end of this conversation.