PDA

View Full Version : Official: Sims Thread

imnotmikal
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Anyone here play The Sims 2?
I have all 7 EPs (University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, and Free Time)
I also have 3 of the 5 SPs (Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, Teen Style)

I have tons of custom objects, mostly cars.

I'll get some in game pics of the custom objects later.

P.S.
The Free Time EP came with a random event, in which a Sim version of one of the developers of The Sims 3 appears and gives you a computer, which has a video trailer about The Sims 3. Looks sweet.

Lowrideit
03-19-2008, 04:21 PM
I have the Sim's 2 for coumpter, Payed 60 bucks, played it like 3 times and thats it.

Stampedekid
03-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I have Sims 2 and Sims 2 Pets for PSP. Pets is soo much better, thinking about getting some of them for the PC.

imnotmikal
03-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Oh yeah, I have this for PC, forgot to say.
I used to have it for PSP, but after playing it for PC, it sucks on PSP.

jimmythekid1
03-19-2008, 06:01 PM
my wife plays that game I used to play the original alot. I mostly just build rooms with no doors, put people in there lots of rugs and a rocket launcher. Then I would build a huge cemetery.

firebird999
03-19-2008, 07:25 PM
i own both.
sims: makin' magic, hot date, [whatever the vacation one is called]
sims 2: nightlife, pets
i also have the ds sims, but it sucks.

mustanglover
03-19-2008, 07:40 PM
i have the sims complete edition for pc, never play it. but its fun to make big houses!

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-19-2008, 08:25 PM
i have the sims deluxe for pc but it stopped working and i have the sims 2 for psp, i got a couple of summers ago and it kept me busy for like a week, mostly because it took so long to load anything in that game, the pc one which you build house is a million times better

Donziikid
03-19-2008, 08:31 PM
My best friend and girlfriend both play the Sims games religiously. I used to play the original Sims quite often, but then got sucked into photography and other time consuming things.

Sims: I believe all of them..
Sims 2: Pets only. I want to get "Open for Business."

I actually just got home from my girlfriends, all we did was play Sims for five hours. It's quite addicting. :roll_eye:

xmodificationer
03-19-2008, 08:31 PM
I use to have Sims 2 for PS2, I have played the PC and its so much better. I like the original sims the best. Only sims is good for PC

imnotmikal
03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Donzii, I think Open for Business if my favorite EP so far, not only because you can run a business, but becauser you can buy/maintain multiple community lots, and also make robots (servos) that you can control as a normal person.
Also, OFB comes with the feature to lock doors. But I think you can do that in Pets also, but for Pets I believe you can only dis/allow pets.
My second fav is Bon Voyage, you can buy a vacation house and go on vacation. The downside is, you can't stay on vacation for more than a week at a time. 3 days, 2 nights through 7 days, 6 nights.

Here's Mr Humble, the guy I was talking about up there, who gives you the sneak peak at Sims 3:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/imnotmikal/mrhumble.png

Stampedekid
03-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Pretty cool! The game(pets version for PSP) kept me occupied for hours...until I lost it lol. I will wait for Sims 3 before I get another Sims game. Anyone know if it'll have pets? My dogs would always get into fights. Kinda funny to watch.

imnotmikal
03-19-2008, 09:03 PM
you oculd go the website in my first post, they will keep it updated.
So far, I've seen no sign of pets.
There will mostly be a Pets EP if it doesnt come with pets.

edit:
My B, I thought I had a link there.
Here:
thesims3.ea.com/

Most_Wanted
03-19-2008, 09:22 PM
What about The Sims Life Stories? I have the Castaways,which is ok (not really into Sims much) and I have the Pet Stories one as well (yet to try).

My kid thought it was hilarious when he saw me get into a fight with an orangutan in Castaways.

imnotmikal
03-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Ehh, the Life Stories series doesn't really appeal to me much, it seems more like a console Sims game, like do you have to follow a storyline?

taiwanesekid05
03-19-2008, 10:09 PM
I used to play the first Sims on my old PC. It was one kick *** game. I tried to kill off a few of my players, but I couldn't... Eventually one of the players I tried to kill married another one of my player.

imnotmikal
07-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Just reviving this thread since I've been playing again lately.
I made a home with a teen girl, and then downloaded some custom objects, like scattered cash piles, neat cash stacks, and Apple computers and cars and such.
I filled her room with expensive stuff, scattered cash everywhere, and theres also a certain "plant" I downloaded and have it growing in her room.
:P She's a dealer...

firebird999
05-30-2009, 11:31 PM
with TS3 coming out tuesday, i figured i'd make a thread. i preordered it because gameinformer says that, although you've probably paid around $100 in expansion packs and you have to start from scratch, this time it is totally worth it. apparently there is not much to look forward to in the sims 4, 3 has it all. i can't wait.

mr.hotrod
05-31-2009, 07:56 PM
i used to have the sims back when the pets pack came out but my cd litteraly melted:ukliam:

imnotmikal
05-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Why does every tag there threads with "OFFICIAL"?
I had a Sims 2 thread a while ago.

Anyway, I've already obtained TS3 from my own ways, and do not encourage you to do so.
But, its great. I love it.
I probably won't buy it though, as my laptop doesn't quite have to power to run it seamlessly.

firebird999
05-31-2009, 08:38 PM
official is basically asking "sticky pl0x?" so that there are no more duplicates of it.

anyway, that's a good sign that you love it. also, sucks for you mr.hotrod, that was a good game.

imnotmikal
05-31-2009, 08:42 PM
I have TS2 and all EPs and SPs.
It's addicting.

firebird999
05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
yeah, i have it and most eps, but my cpu crashed and i lost it all. i'll just wait for 3.

mr.hotrod
05-31-2009, 10:52 PM
yea but thats what happens in my case when you buy a cd drive from a pawn shop me=cheep sh!t:)

firebird999
06-01-2009, 12:00 AM
lol, i'm pretty cheap, too. but get a better hard drive at least!

man, tuesday won't come fast enough. i should sue whoever made monday.

(also, whoever changed the title, can you get rid of the 3? this is just general discussion on the series, not TS3 only. thanks)

zippo855
06-01-2009, 12:10 AM
well if its just the whole series, i am putting it with the originals sims thread that was mentioned earlier....

firebird999
06-01-2009, 12:42 AM
i suppose that works, too. lol, i wish i saw/remembered this.

imnotmikal
06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
So, just a little update.
I messed with the quality and got it to a state that still looks great and runs fine on my laptop.
It seems to be missing a lot.
You can't actually go into community lots, but you can get a job and shop.
The fact that you can go anywhere in the neighborhood is good, but eliminates the opportunity to play as a different family.
Families that you create cannot interact with each other, as they are all in separate game saves.
Other than that, it contains some great things, but could use some updates.

The thing about not going into community lots could be just my copy, since technically it isn't a valid/legal copy. It's a beta release, so of course some items will be missing.

Also, I can't find anywhere that I would buy a new house, but again that could be because its a beta.

firebird999
06-04-2009, 12:24 PM
does anyone know a way to make it work on my computer. it is extremely extremely slow, and after 3 hours of making a family of 4 (that's how slow it is), it just freezes for good. does anyone know how to increase the performance without much quality loss?

imnotmikal
06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
If you go into the settings, change ALL quality things to the lowest they can be.
That brings the quality down to what the best quality for TS2 was.
So it still looks good, and runs fine.

firebird999
06-05-2009, 01:16 AM
alright. if i can get to the settings before my computer commits suicide, i'll have to try that.

firebird999
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
finally got it reinstalled...

where are the settings???

imnotmikal
06-09-2009, 09:38 PM
bottom left of the screen.
should be three dots

firebird999
06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
ah. i suppose i should have started the game, then. lol.

AJB32690
06-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Ahh, I love the Sims. Its so addictive! Ive had every single sims game, ep and sp (Except for makin magic...) None of them were 'legal' but whatever, EA/Maxis has already made enough money off the series, lol.

firebird999
06-11-2009, 10:02 PM
everything was already at its lowest... is there anything else i can do besides get a new computer? (mine should be working, it's like a 2005 emachines something with windows xp, and it had enough ram/memory/etc to run three other games at once before, TS2, Crashday, and SC4.)