PDA

View Full Version : getting a 1/18th

supraracer
03-16-2008, 09:23 PM
ok well im looking to get a 1/18th off road type rc.
what im looking for is something that comes with decent electrics, im not the best at soldering or anything like that and id rather not have to upgrade right away(as i heard with the mini-t the electrics arent that good out the box).
im looking for something to bash around kinda(wont being going bl or anything to make it fast) well not extremely anyway

i dont mind buying alloy parts to beef up a weaker car if the electronics are good

for right now im looking to spend 150-170 for it.

any tips will help as i have not gone outside of 1/28th xmods except for the mzm i had which i loved but now i wont alittle bigger

Stampedekid
03-16-2008, 09:32 PM
RC18 is your best bet. Never and I mean NEVER get a Megatech Pro-Pulse(now known as the Mega-Pro) Biggest waste of money that I ever spent in my life. Ask xmodificationer, he'll tell you the same. Even the Losi MLST Series(Raminator, Rammunition, Mini LST, Mini LST2)

2wdpancar
03-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey, check out that thread MW just made on Losi's New 1/18th...I'm almost sold on it.:lol:

Donziikid
03-16-2008, 09:36 PM
I'll always stand behind my Associated RC18. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, too. Check out www.one18th.com for more information on the RC18's and the other 18th scale RCs available. ;)

kungpow420
03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I would go with a rc18t/mt/b,mlst,mini slider,or a mini-t baja they are all great cars and come with good electronics so get what ever one you like the best if you are looking to go crazy fast go with a rc18 and mod the hell out of it or you could go with the mini baja for big rooster tails.

suicide_star
03-17-2008, 10:45 AM
i recently got a mini-lst and i love it. it's fast out of the box, rocks dual motors and dual servo's and aftermarket parts aren't all that expensive for it.

supraracer
03-17-2008, 02:23 PM
well i found a mini-t rolling chassis, witha cf/alloy chassis and some other alloy parts i think im gonna buy it. theres no esc, reciver , or radio or motor.

so i figured im just gonna go straight to a mamba 5400kv system.

now my question is this, what is a good receiver, and radio i can get(i dont need a 300$ radio or anything like that)

if you have any suggestions let me know