PDA

View Full Version : just a question

stangdude94
03-13-2008, 08:07 PM
ok how come i just tryed to sumit a thread and it said the moderators had to except it before it would be able to be posted in

im glad things are looking up and this fourm is gettig better but i never thought it would ever have to come to that now i have to wait like 5 days till they except it

well anys ways im justa wondering bout that let me know asap plez

c1v1c
03-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Well Did you post in the off-topic section? If So, Yeah you have to wait for an approval...It has always been like this. :) And it shouldnt take much more than an hour :)

bestdragon2001
03-13-2008, 08:09 PM
If it was an offtopic thread you have to wait a while because they just have to see what its about first.

stangdude94
03-13-2008, 08:13 PM
oo
ok i nevr made a thread there ok if thats the way then ok

i DIDNT know that

c1v1c
03-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah because some people Do post some really really stupid Stuff or some really really random stuff so...Oh and To prevent Spambot also....

Donziikid
03-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Computer/Spam/Bots like the post their stuff in the off-topic section, so the moderation team has made it so that all threads have to be checked and given the OK before they can be posted in the off-topic section.

Also, next time give a more descriptive title. Just a question is not a proper title. ;)

Thank you,
Kyle.

stangdude94
03-13-2008, 08:42 PM
yeah sorry that was the proper title until i added the last part

stangdude94
03-13-2008, 08:44 PM
another thing just to put this out here my post count isnt going up at all it stopped at 138 and didnt go up for the last 10 post and i want it to go up cuz i want to b/s/t some things on here

Donziikid
03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Your post count only goes up if you post in the Xmods section. Off-topic posts do not count towards your post count (as well as some other sections, I believe. We need to add this into the rules...).

c1v1c
03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
It dosent go up in every post u post in the forum, In some specific section such as off-topic, beginners question, buy,sell,trade, and question/complaints.

I think? Not sure if theres anyother sections.
But yeah...

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-13-2008, 08:53 PM
this may be off-topic, but i've been wandering for so long and even pm'd some people (never got a reply) + looked around the site numerous times but i cannot find any where that tells how to start a thread or put pictures in my posts, some one help me out pleeez

this is kind of a last resort but since this thread is called "just a question" i assumed this would be the most approprte place to ask...ugh...thanks

Donziikid
03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
this may be off-topic, but i've been wandering for so long and even pm'd some people (never got a reply) + looked around the site numerous times but i cannot find any where that tells how to start a thread or put pictures in my posts, some one help me out pleeez

This is how you post an image in a post using Photobucket.com as your image host:
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11974

How to post a thread:
Go to the Forum Homepage (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php) and click the Forum Section that is appropriate with the post you want to make. After you have gone to the Forum Section look for this icon: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/images_pb/buttons/newthread.gif which is ontop of the threads. Just follow the format asked in that page and click submit. Boom, new thread. :)

Cheers,
Kyle.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-13-2008, 11:01 PM
finally! thank you so much donzii kid, you guys can expect to see a thread by me very soon, muhahahaha,lol!,Seriouly, thanks.

bondo
03-14-2008, 09:50 AM
ok how come i just tryed to sumit a thread and it said the moderators had to except it before it would be able to be posted in

im glad things are looking up and this fourm is gettig better but i never thought it would ever have to come to that now i have to wait like 5 days till they except it

well anys ways im justa wondering bout that let me know asap plez

like donzii stated, the spambots run on the forums and search for catagories with alot of activity and general names.
that's the reason that feature was implemented but now we are using a spambot deterrent question so that one could probably be removed.

the spambot deterrent question adds a simple question(what's 4+4) at registration that the script cant read and therefore cant register.
if the scripter is determined to have his script/bot on here then they have to register it manually wich will only be removed the first time it posts.
it seems kind of pointless to register a spambot here and hopefully the scripters feel the same way.
since the deterrent question was added,their hasnt been one registerred spambot.
the log shows that one has posted since but was actaully registerred in september.

the reason for the post count not counting in the OT and B/S/T's is that there are a few members with little to no interest in the hobby and the only reason they come here is to sell stuff.
we cant have people gaining 20 posts a day in the OT's just to try to sell an ipod.
this also helps protect the legitimate buyers and sellers in the B/S/T from possible scammers.

the way the staff views post count is pretty simple and can be summed up in one phrase.
"Quality not quantity"
the main priority of the staff here is to promote a fun yet safe learning environment for members to learn and teach others about Xmods and general R/C.