PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Jalengrayson
03-10-2008, 05:52 PM
HELP...i've already posted a previous thread but i didn't feel like going back to find it...anyway i soldered red and black neon wires to a CLL kit but when i plugged it in the the receiver it DID NOT WORK...what do i do?

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg101/Jalengrayson23/neon.jpg

The neon...a circuit board was not included

suicide_star
03-10-2008, 08:18 PM
hey man, please don't doublepost, it's against the rules (i cleaned it up for ya)...what kind of light is that? is it neon string or something? i think you may have overheated it when you soldered it. can you give us a little more info about the lights?

Jalengrayson
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM
oops sorry...thanks for cleaning it up...its an iwaver neon light compatible to all 1/28 scale rc cars...the neon is EL wire or something like that...so if i overheated it do i need to solder it to a bigger board and if so what kind...any suggestions?

texan_idiot25
03-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Maybe it's not truely 100% universal?

Try connecting the positive and negative wires to say, the motor wires, and give the car some throttle. The CLL light plug doesn't exactly work like you would think.

suicide_star
03-10-2008, 08:25 PM
well, did you try hooking it up just to a powersource or batterypack to make sure the lights aren't fried? i mean, when you soldered the lights you could have possibly overheated them and ruined them. as far as soldering them to a CLL board, i don't think the lights would have damaged the board. i'm a little bit confused though, your Xmod still works ok, right? it's just your lights that aren't functioning?

Jalengrayson
03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
any suggestions people?

texan_idiot25
03-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Hook it to a powersource, and see if they light up. It won't work by just plugging them into the CLL plug on the xmod.

Jalengrayson
03-10-2008, 08:58 PM
what are all the powersources on a EVo chasis...the engine is one...but just in case that soldering idea doesn't work out what would be another?
by the way...learning about all this is new to me...i'm a show and no go kind of person...lol

c1v1c
03-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Powersources Is not an engine. Power source. Is were the power came from to actually make ur xmods runs. Wich means? Battery :D So Yeah try to connect ur neon onto a battery too see if it works.

Jalengrayson
03-10-2008, 09:04 PM
uhh...battery...how...i don't have a lith upgrade or anything(i have plans for my chasis though!)...but couldn't you still connect it to the engine?

2wdpancar
03-10-2008, 09:08 PM
uhh...battery...how...i don't have a lith upgrade or anything(i have plans for my chasis though!)...but couldn't you still connect it to the engine?

No on an EVO connect it to the motor pads, give the car throttle, and touch the + and - leads from the light strip to the motor contact pads, if it works, then solder the wires onto the pads...or wrap them around the motor tabs..

Jalengrayson
03-10-2008, 09:11 PM
the motor pads are the brown little circle like things by the engine correct?

2wdpancar
03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
the motor pads are the brown little circle like things by the engine correct?

On an EVO?
Yeah, the things you screw the wires into, those little shiny pads, are what I'm talking about.:lol:

Jalengrayson
03-10-2008, 09:16 PM
yea i sound pathetic...hehe...okay...just to make sure
take the red and black wires on the neon and solder them to the brown circle like pads on the motor

2wdpancar
03-10-2008, 09:19 PM
yea i sound pathetic...hehe...okay...just to make sure
take the red and black wires on the neon and solder them to the brown circle like pads on the motor

The pads are not on the motor, they are on the board.:bigwink: :lol:
Just have the 2 leads touching the pads, don't solder them yet, because then you'll have to use braid to suck up the solder..

Jalengrayson
03-10-2008, 09:22 PM
could you please send a picture of the pads because i am mad confused

2wdpancar
03-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm stealing a pic from Rob, I don;t want to take a pic...too lazy.
CREDIT TO ROB AT ATOMICMODS PEOPLE.
http://www.atomicmods.com/images/tutorials/EVO_Poly_Pro_Kit_Tutorial_030.jpg

The pads are those 2 little squares, behind the fets.
Jeez, no one can use google anymore...

c1v1c
03-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Just in case this is what fets looks like. :)
http://www.atomicmods.com/images/products/S_M/10578M.jpg
Credited to Rob also.