PDA

View Full Version : Rally Off Road Mustang Project.

Stampedekid
03-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Since I was too lazy to upload pictures to photobucket, I put them into a slide show and then to youtube. Not finished yet. It has a Truck Rear axle and knuckle mount thingy.....just watch the video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=smdCoM3-nko

fieldfairy2
03-06-2008, 07:34 PM
this sounds cool. great job so far. can't wait till it is finished!

blue504life
03-06-2008, 07:35 PM
looks like a good project sounds funn keep us updated

Stampedekid
03-06-2008, 07:35 PM
this sounds cool. great job so far. can't wait till it is finished!

Thanks. Anyone know anything about the motor parts as I mentioned in the video? I would really appreciate some answers to that question.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-06-2008, 07:42 PM
cool can't wait to see the finished project, are you gonna paint it, and is your chasis done now?

xzc426
03-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't know the answer to the motor question, but i hope you don't plan on running that on dirt roads. I ran my car on dirt once and only once. great drifting, but cleaning up inside between each gear tooth was a pain. It was pretty disgusting :lol:

stang_racer
03-06-2008, 07:47 PM
read my post on your vid!!!

Titantaw12
03-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Nice Mustang

Stampedekid
03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
cool can't wait to see the finished project, are you gonna paint it, and is your chasis done now?

Nah, I think I'll leave the body how it is. Also I have a secret way of keeping it protected some from dirt and also how to clean it. Plus I have compressed air so it'll be easier. I really mainly want it to be able to perform well where I visit upstate. Also on my street without flipping over every rock and bump in the street. Waiting for the glue to dry some more. I might re-paint it. But remember if I do, it'll be damaged from driving. This is not going to be one of my Shelf Xmods...Infact, I do not have any shelf queens. All of my XMODS have been driven and my hummer has been abused hard.

EDIT:
No the chassis is not done yet. I still need to lift the front some, the front clip, and maybe some 4WD

noturday
03-06-2008, 09:00 PM
you stole my idea! thats ok tho, cuz mine's not goin on a 'stang, its goin on a car thats like 8000X better, and no im not making a rally car. that ought to get you guys thinkin

Stampedekid
03-06-2008, 09:04 PM
you stole my idea! thats ok tho, cuz mine's not goin on a 'stang, its goin on a car thats like 8000X better, and no im not making a rally car. that ought to get you guys thinkin

I actually got the idea from the thread, "Bondo's Best of the Best." On NS350's Firebird, if you look in the back. That's where I got my idea from. I am using 'X-tra long XMOD screws and Truck rear dogbones, truck front knuckle and spring mount thing(can't think of the name) and Truck rear axles, and truck tires, the rest of it is all car(for now). This is my first BIG project.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I actually got the idea from the thread, "Bondo's Best of the Best." On NS350's Firebird, if you look in the back. That's where I got my idea from. I am using 'X-tra long XMOD screws and Truck rear dogbones, truck front knuckle and spring mount thing(can't think of the name) and Truck rear axles, and truck tires, the rest of it is all car(for now). This is my first BIG project.

"for now" suggests you are going to make it all truck chassis, are ou going to? if so why not just buy a truck

snowboi1289
03-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Surpisingly,I did this a while back,but since I never drive the xmods cars,i tore it down for a project.
Nice project u got going..

Stampedekid
03-06-2008, 09:18 PM
"for now" suggests you are going to make it all truck chassis, are ou going to? if so why not just buy a truck

I already have 3 trucks. I wanted to do a project that will take time and will be challenging. Trucks have too high of a COG and plus I want to have fun with it.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-06-2008, 10:27 PM
cool, are you going to have bigg front tires too, or just really good suspension cuase remember that the front wheels are what take the intial shock!

Stampedekid
03-07-2008, 03:36 PM
cool, are you going to have bigg front tires too, or just really good suspension cuase remember that the front wheels are what take the intial shock!

I think I'll stick with the truck rear and front tires that I have on it now. I think that I'll just get the suspension kit so I can lift the front a little. Right now it has the drop one that my cousin gave me when I first got it last March.