PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy?

xzc426
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I need some epoxy or putty to mount clip on my body. I need something that'll dry pretty quick.This is my first time i need to use epoxy so i don't know anything about epoxy besides that i need it. Any one want to suggest a brand? O, and is there a different kind i should use to put on the outside of the body that goes on smoother or something?

greenday
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Plastic welder works well and holds strong, smells a little bit, and is easy to use....great product..has worked for me numerous times!:D

Donziikid
03-05-2008, 09:38 PM
If you want to go with a glue based substance go with CA Glue. (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXK282&P=ML) It is the quickest drying glue I have ever used and has one of the strongest bonds out of all glues. My OK CA "thin" dries in about fifteen seconds; you just have to be careful not to touch it because you will get stuck to the glue!

Fast Fact: CA Glue was outlawed in the 1980's because there was no substance that would reverse the chemical bond. It was later reintroducted in the 1990's as it was deemed "safer." Too many people were getting it on their hand, then quickly rubbing their face, getting their hand stuck to their face. :lol:

xzc426
03-05-2008, 09:40 PM
what do i use when i want to add some matter to my body? say filling in a crack?

Donziikid
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Putty. A lot of members here use Tamiya Quick Type (http://store.spruebrothers.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=sbm&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=411083400&Count2=328223824&ProductID=2491&Target=products.asp). Your local hobby shop will sell all of these, as well as some other brands. I use an offbrand that my LHS purchases; works quite well for the $3 sticker price.

greenday
03-05-2008, 09:45 PM
That, my friend, will be remidied by: B-O-N-D-O OR PUTTY

xzc426
03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
i'll go check out the hobby store this weekend. Good thing i'm not completely broke now :lol:

2wdpancar
03-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey dude here's something else you might like.
You know RS's Super-Mount tape, check out that.
You don't have to let it dry, and if you screw up, just take the tape off.
It also won't weight the car down, unlike Hot Glue or something else, I doubt CA would weigh much.

Check out that tape, it might be wutchu need:nod: :bigwink:

Lancer_Man
03-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Just for every one's information:

JB weld is a great product for gluing metal. Very strong and versatile.

But, for you case, CA glue, as Donzii said. ;)

stang_racer
03-06-2008, 12:23 AM
i will will never use epoxy again after i used it on my model rocket and it did hold worth crap, and it stinks and you need to mix it or if you use the mix tube that comes with it it will dry up inside the tube, so i see it as more of a pain in the rear than help

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-06-2008, 12:44 AM
since this is plastic... get the plastic from an ice cream bucket lid, sour creamcontainer or cream chees container(its all the same) and light it on fire it pores down in a nice stream, its white and once your crack is filled and its still wet whipe of any exess with your finger, any thing that falls on the surface of your car is easy to get of with just your finger nail, but practice this method a little first.

greenday
03-06-2008, 06:06 AM
lol, I "tack welded" a roll cage out of styrene like that...I just took my parts tred and touched them lightly with a soldering iron and...ROLL CAGE!