PDA

View Full Version : Update on the truck, and I got 2 more Xmods..

ling427ttvette
03-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, the truck is now 6 cell. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet though, batteries are charging.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ling427ttvette/IMG_0650.jpg

I haven't bolted it down yet either, but it will be.

And, I went to RS today to get the battery holder, a soldering gun and some soldering wire..

I saw a Gen 1 on the rack.. the guy told me $30.. I had to snatch it. I'm not a Civic guy, but whatever.. a Gen 1 for a deal IMO. Not sure if I will mod it or not, maybe just AWD. It seems to have a steering problem though, sometimes doesn't work. Here's a pic of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ling427ttvette/IMG_0649.jpg

And, I have a Barricade on the way.. got it for $30 also. Can't wait for it to get here.

taiwanesekid05
03-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Just a tip, don't lock your diffs. I did that and the dogbones snapped. It were not fun... But it gives some great speed!

ling427ttvette
03-04-2008, 10:17 PM
My diffs are already locked.. might be a good idea to get some GPM ones? Do they even make GPM dogbones for the lift kit?

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
what are locked diffs and do dog bones snap easy nad often?

ling427ttvette
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Locked diffs are when you take the differential and make it so one tire doesn't spin opposite of the other, they both spin in the same direction.. this is when the motor is not powering it though..

The dogbones are basically the shafts that power the wheels, no they don't usually snap.. but they can with more power.

Edit: Here's a better understanding of the locked diff.

Pick up your Xmod, spin one of the rear tires by hand, notice how the other turns in the opposite direction? That means it's an open diff, when you lock the diff they will both spin in the same direction.

Lancer_Man
03-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Are you going for a crawler on the truck? If you are, I'd go with something other than the motor you got in there right now. More torque is a must.

Nice steal on the Civic!

SPR
03-05-2008, 02:56 AM
i want that civic body!! PM sent!

Lowrideit
03-05-2008, 06:48 AM
what are locked diffs and do dog bones snap easy nad often?

Locking diff's is when You lock a rear gear, It evens the spin of the wheels more.
Its kinda like Posi in a real car. Both sides spin, not just one.

No they wont snap easy, He just dont know how too drive it or he must had hit something that did that.

tripnips
03-17-2008, 11:03 PM
yeah the way i explain locked diffs is if you dont have a locked diff, only one tire will spin at one time on a slippery surface, with a locked diff both tires get power no matter what
i did it with my gen 1 camaro and it didnt like it too much... easier to control though...

fordman239
03-18-2008, 06:15 AM
i want that civic body!! PM sent!

i had 2 of them things, nothing but bad luck, but nice collection. im surprised you dont got a vette.:lol:

ling427ttvette
03-18-2008, 07:46 PM
The Vette is next on my list.. the old Camaro had priority over it, and that's on it's way...

Might wait a little while for a Vette, not sure if I want just a body or a chassis and body..

black_g35
03-24-2008, 06:18 PM
dang thats a nice a$$ civic i want one bad thats wht my first xmod was. lucky.