PDA

View Full Version : Help With Neon!

Jalengrayson
03-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Hello!!! I finally recieved my blue neon set from toyeast in the mail for my alpine civic. However The connector didn't come with it! Does anybody know how to attach this thing to a circut board without a S. iron??? If not then instuctions for S. ironing would be helpful as well! I apologize that the pictures are not posted...something happened to my photobucket account

TheB1GDude
03-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Hmmm ok you should be able to just cut the connector off, stripe the wires a little and then connect them to a part of the car.... without a soldering iron its not going to be 100% but it should work!

Need to know a few questions though.... is this an Xmod? Gen1 or Evo? What voltage are the neons rated? To safe probably the easiest option would be to wire them into the CLL but if they are rated at a high enough voltage you should be able to run them of the motor contact points.....

Jalengrayson
03-04-2008, 05:00 PM
english please!! i am one of those people thats all about show and no go...therefore the cll and all that doesn't sound familiar...could you please give me a special education version of this pleas

Voltage i'm not sure but its not very high...and EVO

TheB1GDude
03-04-2008, 05:29 PM
english please!! i am one of those people thats all about show and no go...therefore the cll and all that doesn't sound familiar...could you please give me a special education version of this pleas

Voltage i'm not sure but its not very high...and EVO

CLL = Comand Log Light Kit e.g. the Xmod upgrade that gives you front and rear lights, I did a tutorial on modifying it:

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11418

Unfortunately soldering is a must.

Is there anything on the Neon's box that gives you a max voltage rating, I don't want to you to just wire it to the motor contacts at that might be two much power then your neons would melt, the CLL kit regulates voltage which is why I recommended it - I am assuming that because of what the neons are designed for they can take 7.4volts direct but I just want to check.

Jalengrayson
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
ok...well the red connector looking thing on my neon am i suppose to cut that off?

Lancer_Man
03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Get a set of Command Logic Lights.

Cut the connector, the white piece, off with wires attached.

Then cut the neon connector off with out any wire attached.

Take the black wire of the Xmod connector with the black wire of the neon connector and connect them, making sure the metal of the wire is touching.

Do the same for the red wires.