PDA

View Full Version : wanna use rechargeables

xzc426
03-02-2008, 09:09 PM
what should i get? lithium poly? lithium ion? or just normal energizer rechargeable? I'm going for light and powerful. pls advise. thx.

taiwanesekid05
03-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Lithium Poly all the way! Just like lithium ion, only a bit lighter but it is just as dangerous as Litium Ions.

Donziikid
03-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Lithium Chemistry>Nickle-Metal-Hydride.

Read the batteries section:
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11096

Lowrideit
03-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Lith poly for light weight and power.
Just dont cheap out on a charger, Itll kill you if you do.

2wdpancar
03-02-2008, 09:21 PM
LiPo FTW.
I don't use anything besides LiPo on Xmods, never swill use anything else.
It's a charmer with fast motors. ;)

bondo
03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
LiPo FTW.
I don't use anything besides LiPo on Xmods, never swill use anything else.
It's a charmer with fast motors. ;)

and you have yet to realize that ions will give you more power then you could ever use with the right motor.

i hit 50 MPH on the checker with ions, spider and a chili.
that is more then enough for any XMOD.

ions are safer and more reliable then any poly and can give you more then you need for ay high performance XMOD....

2wdpancar
03-02-2008, 09:30 PM
and you have yet to realize that ions will give you more power then you could ever use with the right motor.

i hit 50 MPH on the checker with ions, spider and a chili.
that is more then enough for any XMOD.

ions are safer and more reliable then any poly and can give you more then you need for ay high performance XMOD....

Yeah, but the thing is, when you start going into the 20t range, who the heck uses Li-ion??
Li-ions don't have the discharge, C-rating, and mAh that LiPos do.
I must agree on the safety issue, but I mean if you have a good charger, you know what the heck you are doing, you'll be fine.

Li-ions dump when used with motors in the 20t range, with the chili it works very well, but you can go way faster with handwound and LiPo.

For xmods, I agree Ions are good, but the advantages of LiPo with the serious motors still will take a li-ion xmod.
I'm not trying to start a warzone over here, just laying down a few facts.
:uhoh:

Safety is an issue, the thing is, people think Ions are safer because they have a metal casing.
LiPo's don't, therefore they can get cut open and blow up.
Just because one isn't protected more, that doesn't mean you can slack off and think one battery is safer than another, they are both dangerous, but if handled with care and not put into and idiot's hands, I see them as the same.
Other will either agree or disagree, mostly disagree...

xzc426
03-02-2008, 10:09 PM
maybe i'll get lipos and case them in aluminum so i feel safer lol.

2wdpancar
03-02-2008, 10:11 PM
maybe i'll get lipos and case them in aluminum so i feel safer lol.

um.
Make sure you electric tape the connections, then the whole pack.
Make sure the wires are nice and on their, I've ruined about 4 lipo batteries because the tabs are so brittle.:mad: :grnsaw: :cussing: :cussing: