PDA

View Full Version : AAA to AA

blue504life
03-02-2008, 03:43 PM
what damage could i do if i changed the AAA set up for a AA set up?

thanks

2wdpancar
03-02-2008, 03:45 PM
what damage could i do if i changed the AAA set up for a AA set up?

thanks

Ho maqny cells will you run?
The weight is unbelievable with AA's.
Don't do it.

Mini-z, Xmod, Iwaver, Nanoracer/Firelap all use AAA for a reason.:bigwink:

texan_idiot25
03-02-2008, 03:46 PM
There is 0 gain, and plenty to loose.

Main thing is wieght.

blue504life
03-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Ho maqny cells will you run?
The weight is unbelievable with AA's.
Don't do it.

Mini-z, Xmod, Iwaver, Nanoracer/Firelap all use AAA for a reason.:bigwink:

i think i would go for 5-6 im not worried about weight im going for the availability of AAs at my house

2wdpancar
03-02-2008, 03:48 PM
i think i would go for 5-6 im not worried about weight im going for the availability of AAs at my house

Well it's just not worth it, flat out.
I can write you an essay, but I wish not to.

blue504life
03-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Well it's just not worth it, flat out.
I can write you an essay, but I wish not to.

ok yes i know about weight i was goin to run it in a truck but if i do this will it fry the bored

texan_idiot25
03-02-2008, 03:54 PM
It's useless and space consuming. Just use AAA's ;)

blue504life
03-02-2008, 03:56 PM
It's useless and space consuming. Just use AAA's ;)

alright sounds like the 12 volt set up i have wont be used

bondo
03-02-2008, 04:05 PM
i wouldnt call it useless.
additional weight can be a good thing in certain situations.
more weight is great for crawlers to keep traction but the added weight must be as low and balanced as possible.
weight is also good for drag cars.
you can pack all of the power you want into a drag car but if the tires dont grip,you dont go anywhere.
however,too much weight and you dont go anywhere either.

for a regular stocik truck though, your looking at 5-6 cells just to make up the difference.
the only place to put 6 AA's in a truck is with two in the original battery spots,two in the bed and two in the cab.
then your looking at a mess of wiring and clips.

i understand that AA's are easier to come by since it's the standard for most electronics but if you havnt invested in rechargeables then you might as well be whiping your butt with $10's
it can be expensive to get started with rechargables(somewhere's around $20) but it beats the hell out of $5.00 per 15 minutes of runtime.
if you can find the cash then your best bet is to buy two sets of rechargable AAA's and a charger.
either that or save up another $20 bux or so for liths.

blue504life
03-02-2008, 04:09 PM
i wouldnt call it useless.
additional weight can be a good thing in certain situations.
more weight is great for crawlers to keep traction but the added weight must be as low and balanced as possible.
weight is also good for drag cars.
you can pack all of the power you want into a drag car but if the tires dont grip,you dont go anywhere.
however,too much weight and you dont go anywhere either.

for a regular stocik truck though, your looking at 5-6 cells just to make up the difference.
the only place to put 6 AA's in a truck is with two in the original battery spots,two in the bed and two in the cab.
then your looking at a mess of wiring and clips.

i understand that AA's are easier to come by since it's the standard for most electronics but if you havnt invested in rechargeables then you might as well be whiping your butt with $10's
it can be expensive to get started with rechargables(somewhere's around $20) but it beats the hell out of $5.00 per 15 minutes of runtime.
if you can find the cash then your best bet is to buy two sets of rechargable AAA's and a charger.
either that or save up another $20 bux or so for liths.

i was kinda going of grip in my truck but its not a crawler and i understand what your talking about that i can get expensive, my mom runs a photography business and we get AAs for next to nothing

texan_idiot25
03-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Rechargables far outperform regualer batteries too, so another reason to grab them.

As far as weight, even in a crawler it's key to keep it low. But with AAs being big, going low isn't an option. In a truck your going to drive around, having that weight up above the board is gonna make it insanely top heavy.

blue504life
03-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Rechargables far outperform regualer batteries too, so another reason to grab them.

As far as weight, even in a crawler it's key to keep it low. But with AAs being big, going low isn't an option. In a truck your going to drive around, having that weight up above the board is gonna make it insanely top heavy.

i see what you guys are saying and if you didnt see it before my trucks are not crawlers

bondo
03-02-2008, 06:49 PM
if you have the hookup on cheap AA's then go for it.
your not going to notice any kind of advantage other then in your wallet though. even at dirt cheap, the rechargables are a better deal in the long run and just about the only thing that's going to beat it is free AA's.
just be sure you keep all of the sizes the same.
dont mix AA's and AAA's

blue504life
03-02-2008, 06:52 PM
if you have the hookup on cheap AA's then go for it.
your not going to notice any kind of advantage other then in your wallet though. even at dirt cheap, the rechargables are a better deal in the long run and just about the only thing that's going to beat it is free AA's.
just be sure you keep all of the sizes the same.
dont mix AA's and AAA's

that was goin to be my next question, why cant i mix them?

bondo
03-02-2008, 06:57 PM
because the discharge rates are different.
while the Mah and Volts may be close, the amps differ and causes one to leech form the other causing overheating and shortage of the cell itself.

blue504life
03-02-2008, 06:59 PM
because the discharge rates are different.
while the Mah and Volts may be close, the amps differ and causes one to leech form the other causing overheating and shortage of the cell itself.

ok thanks i almost did that then i realized i didnt have any plugs

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
just wandering why would you want to add weight to truck if its not a crawler, if thats really what you want (weight in a truck) why don't you find a hunk of metal and hide under your body on top of your chasis. if you still decide to use AAs b/c of weight and availability wire them in however you want, (****i have not tried this and don't know if its safe, but i've heard that it works great****) use you 6AA's but swap your capaciter above the moter for a biiger one.

blue504life
03-02-2008, 07:42 PM
just wandering why would you want to add weight to truck if its not a crawler, if thats really what you want (weight in a truck) why don't you find a hunk of metal and hide under your body on top of your chasis. if you still decide to use AAs b/c of weight and availability wire them in however you want, (****i have not tried this and don't know if its safe, but i've heard that it works great****) use you 6AA's but swap your capaciter above the moter for a biiger one.

the only reason i would do this is because i havent seen anyone do it and the rear or my f150 will not stay on the ground when i take a corner the wights in the back is a good idea i have a bunch of fake cell phones i can use

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-02-2008, 07:49 PM
cool. if you want something more discrete use some thing under the car, also since your no off roading you don't need to worry about ground clearenc so if you put weaight on the underside of your rear axel, it would hug the ground and the closer the weight is to the ground the more effective it is.

blue504life
03-02-2008, 07:51 PM
cool. if you want something more discrete use some thing under the car, also since your no off roading you don't need to worry about ground clearenc so if you put weaight on the underside of your rear axel, it would hug the ground and the closer the weight is to the ground the more effective it is.

my truck is a street truck with the lowering suspension i dont this the wights i have will fit under the rear axel

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-02-2008, 07:54 PM
maybe put the weight in the bed but put a cover on the bed, if your looking for street appeal.

BART
03-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Also remember that every cell you would have above the original battery tray would heighten your center of gravity making the truck much more prone to rolling over.

blue504life
03-02-2008, 07:56 PM
maybe put the weight in the bed but put a cover on the bed, if your looking for street appeal.

good call i might do that

Also remember that every cell you would have above the original battery tray would heighten your center of gravity making the truck much more prone to rolling over.

sorry about the double post
my truck is primer gray if it flips sand the area and respray it no big loss

BART
03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Just use the edit button next time.

blue504life
03-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Just use the edit button next time.

thanks i have tryed that but i cant figure out how to get a quote in it

2wdpancar
03-02-2008, 09:03 PM
thanks i have tryed that but i cant figure out how to get a quote in it

just copy and paste the quote into your first post ;)

blue504life
03-02-2008, 09:24 PM
just copy and paste the quote into your first post ;)

i dont quite understand that but ok

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-02-2008, 09:39 PM
is that a miniz body and do the doors open?

blue504life
03-02-2008, 09:40 PM
is that a miniz body and do the doors open?

what body there is not pics in this thread

2wdpancar
03-02-2008, 09:42 PM
i dont quite understand that but ok

you click the quote buton, then copy and paste what's in the box, it'll look like this

[Quote] Blah blah [Quote]
Just copy and paste the whole little blurb, including the quote things at the beginning and end, and paste it into your first post.:nod:

blue504life
03-02-2008, 09:43 PM
you click the quote buton, then copy and paste what's in the box, it'll look like this

[Quote] Blah blah [Quote]
Just copy and paste the whole little blurb, including the quote things at the beginning and end, and paste it into your first post.:nod:

ok now i get it thanks

madcat303
03-31-2008, 10:46 PM
if you use AA u will get longer run time due to to your more amps, since your not worried about weight ide do it, it wont burn it up, jus be careful

blue504life
03-31-2008, 10:49 PM
if you use AA u will get longer run time due to to your more amps, since your not worried about weight ide do it, it wont burn it up, jus be careful

that is also true but i chose not to, i just dont have time to get in to a project like that