PDA

View Full Version : oklahoma city

legend15x3
01-12-2005, 03:57 PM
XMODS Racing

Starting on January 21st, the Xmods radio control cars from radio shack will have a 10 race series. Two series will be run - oval and road coarse.
All start times are at 6:30 pm.
January 21
February 4
February 18
March 4
March 18
April 1
April 15
April 29
May 13
May 27

Sign ups on day of race with a $2 registration for first class and $1 for each additional class. Races will have staggered starts for 2 qualifiers and 2 mass starts for feature races.

Contact Mr.Case for any information and your local radio shack for a car.

Dove Science Academy 306-0134 524-9762
919 NW 23rd ST
OKC, OK
CAR CLASSES

Stage 1: Restrictor Class Stage 2: Modified Class

• Any RS Xmod kit (starter car) - Same as stage 1

• Stage 1 Motor - Allowed (any Pinion) - Same as stage 1

• Stage 2 Motor - NOT Allowed - Stage 2 motors allowed(any pinion)

• RS Bearing Kit - Allowed - Same

• 2WD kit only NO AWD. - 4wd Kit allowed

• RS Suspension and Steering Kits- Allowed - Same

• RS Body kits allowed - Same

• Painting allowed - Same

• Stock Tires only - No tire tacky solutions allowed. - All tire kits from RS allowed

• Must be stock chassis as from RS - Any upper deck modifications

• RS Xmods rechargeable packs ONLY - RS ic3 cells allowed, NO Lithium

Stage 3: Super Modified

• Custom bodies allowed - any hard plastic - Must be an original RS Xmod to start.

• Any motor you can fit

• Any performance upgrades

• Any Bearing kit allowed

• RS AWD kit allowed

• RS Transmitter, Receiver, and Differentials MUST be used.

• Any Suspension and steering kit allowed

• body kits allowed

• painting allowed

• Any rims and tires allowed, foam tire kit included

• Any Chassis replacements are allowed

• Up to 6 NiCad, 6 NiMH, or 2 L-Ion 7.2v Nominal Voltage Maximum 800 MAH are all allowed.

viperdout
01-12-2005, 05:27 PM
NO DOUBLE THREADS.

legend15x3
01-12-2005, 05:51 PM
just trying to advertise for the series in the areas where people would look.

viperdout
01-12-2005, 09:07 PM
just trying to advertise for the series in the areas where people would look.

1 thread is enough.

legend15x3
01-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Is it really that big a problem? I am just advertising in areas that would have people interested and that people might get returns in emails. Sorry if it was and inconvinience for you.

viperdout
01-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Is it really that big a problem? I am just advertising in areas that would have people interested and that people might get returns in emails. Sorry if it was and inconvinience for you.

Just don't do it again. It makes for useless clutter (my desk is an example of useful clutter, because I know where everything is).

jhoyle
01-28-2005, 05:44 PM
First of all, the clutter it created was mostly yours. Leaving well enough alone would have eliminated 5 postings. Also, when doing a search for the string "OKC", this is the thread that I found first. The other thread is title "north Texas".

The original poster is a teacher who makes this hobby fun and rewarding for his students. I would think the more exposure for the hobby, the better.

Just my $.02

viperdout
01-28-2005, 06:23 PM
First of all, the clutter it created was mostly yours. Leaving well enough alone would have eliminated 5 postings. Also, when doing a search for the string "OKC", this is the thread that I found first. The other thread is title "north Texas".

The original poster is a teacher who makes this hobby fun and rewarding for his students. I would think the more exposure for the hobby, the better.

Just my $.02

Well, let's see:

1. It adds clutter, and I don't want it.
2. I run the site and you don't.
3. Making 2 threads does nothing to increase its chances of people showing up. The same people see the same threads. I help with fixes, while you don't. I think I've helped roughly 95% of the people on this site.
4. There was another one for Oklahoma, but I deleted it. The Northern Texas one I left. Get the facts straight before posting.

jhoyle
01-29-2005, 09:57 AM
And replies like that to people who are interested in the hobby will just drive them away to other sites.

I'd like to hear any other moderators view of this.

I hope you are proud of your site and the way you treat people that just offer their own opinions. I guess your opinion is the only one that matters.

And yes, I have not helped anyone, but my son and I just got into this hoppy about 2 weeks ago when he got a car for Christmas. I hope that other people in this hobby don't have this superiority attitude that you do.

I appreciate it's your site, but you are offering a PUBLIC forum. As long as the rules of decorum are followed, a "poster" can say anything they want.

viperdout
01-29-2005, 03:11 PM
And replies like that to people who are interested in the hobby will just drive them away to other sites.

I'd like to hear any other moderators view of this.

I hope you are proud of your site and the way you treat people that just offer their own opinions. I guess your opinion is the only one that matters.

And yes, I have not helped anyone, but my son and I just got into this hoppy about 2 weeks ago when he got a car for Christmas. I hope that other people in this hobby don't have this superiority attitude that you do.

I appreciate it's your site, but you are offering a PUBLIC forum. As long as the rules of decorum are followed, a "poster" can say anything they want.

When a site is at a .COM domain, that means it is a privately owned forum. In other words, the people who own it are god on that site, therefore, I AM superior. :lol: If this was a .ORG or .GOV, you'd be right, but it isn't, so you're not.

The fact that you come in here and immediately ***** about something gets you nowhere. "Well, he's trying to get more people on." Well, since EVERY SINGLE NEW THREAD APPEARS ON THE FRONT PAGE, IT IS SEEN TWICE. It's just like a popup.

If you don't like getting told that you are whining about something that is very annoying, leave. It's a private forum (the reason posn sites stay up).

SupaSupraBob13
01-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Watch It Viper. He's just trying to expand the hobby. I am SUPERIOR to YOU. I have been a member and admin since the first month. I amnot afraid to give you a temp. Ban. I do NOT want to. Just let him advertise his leauge.

viperdout
01-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Watch It Viper. He's just trying to expand the hobby. I am SUPERIOR to YOU. I have been a member and admin since the first month. I amnot afraid to give you a temp. Ban. I do NOT want to. Just let him advertise his leauge.

I am also an admin. The fact that he does not like the way I've been deleting double threads, which is spamming in my book is his problem.

Edit: I also forgot, posting 2 threads in a row in 2 different locations shows up twice on the front page where people usually look.