PDA

View Full Version : Mamba problems

bestdragon2001
02-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Well i got a mamba competition x for my mini lst,its crazy fast but when its gets like 15 feet from me it just starts running in random directions at full throttle untill it wrecks, whats wrong with it?

Stampedekid
02-27-2008, 06:46 PM
It might not be your mamba, it might be your reciever or ESC. If you don't know how to fix certain thing, your LHS is your best bet for help.

bestdragon2001
02-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Beleive it or not, I dont have an lhs, mine was shut down.

Most_Wanted
02-27-2008, 06:49 PM
What are you using for a radio and receiver? Is it FM or AM? I know that with AM some people have experienced interference when running a Mamba.

2wdpancar
02-27-2008, 06:54 PM
What are you using for a radio and receiver? Is it FM or AM? I know that with AM some people have experienced interference when running a Mamba.

:nodno: :nodno: :cry: :cry:
Are you joking??:uhoh:
Dang, well I hope I don't run into problems with my Gen1...

BTW, sometimes people with same frequencies are in your area, I got a frequency checker, looks like those bomb detonaters...

That might be your problem, I doubt it, though.

bestdragon2001
02-27-2008, 06:58 PM
I am using the stock receiver which does not use crystals and it automatically finds an avaliable freqency, and i am using the mamba 25.

Stampedekid
02-27-2008, 06:59 PM
I am using the stock receiver which does not use crystals and it automatically finds an avaliable freqency, and i am using the mamba 25.

So kinda like the Blade CX2 with the Spektrum radio system right? That sucks that your LHS shut down. Go on to google and type in _____hobby stores (For example, I live on Long Island[Which I do!] Go to google and type in Long Island Hobby Stores etc...) Wherever you live, type it in and look for a hobby shop in your area or farther away.

2wdpancar
02-27-2008, 07:00 PM

Ah, I see.
Hey, anyone on IRC, I was reading an old thread, there was a message sent to all Mamba users, there was a defect in the ESC, something soldered on that wasn't supposed to be there.
Could this be the problem?

bestdragon2001
02-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah xmodracer its kinda like that, Later ill try and plug in my pro-pulse receiver just to see if it works.

Most_Wanted
02-27-2008, 07:31 PM
You definitely shouldn't be having interference problems with that radio....

"Losi radio system with 2.4 Ghz DSMŽ technology uses no crystals or channels. This innovative radio system allows you to run your Mini-LST2 with other vehicles anywhere, anytime, without worrying about interference."

But it still sounds like a tx/rx problem, maybe defective :-? .