PDA

View Full Version : A few things I am concerned about.

xmodsnut
02-27-2008, 04:25 AM
I have been noticing that in the BST sections that people are putting in their names and stuff I believe that should be gone starting immediately. Things like that should only be in PMs not broadcast on a public forum.
Another thing that is disturbing to me is the unreal amount of new rules and such being put into place. Cut it to the basics and keep it simple. I started to read the whole list and fell asleep halfway through. I have been here nearly a year and in the past 2 months seen this place go to crap. since this new layout I have been on to basically just check my PMs then leave again. I dont want to have to scroll down just to get past all the rule BS and stuff to get to the xmod sections.

I figure if I complain enough like Bondo did I may get a power trip postion also.

bondo
02-27-2008, 06:12 AM
I figure if I complain enough like Bondo did I may get a power trip postion also.

or a one way ticket outa here.....

you have all the right to voice your concerns but dont get an attitude about it.

rules are EXACTLY what this place was lacking to begin with.
the rules havnt changed much from the first set, they've just been organized and the infraction system that was already in place has been announced.
their also being enforced so take a no doz or drink a red bull and finish reading them.

the seperate sections rules are neccisary because not all of the sections carry the same rules as the general rules.
the BST,tutorial section and soon off topic have their own set of rules.

you should be thankful though,now you can actually find all of the rules in one place rather then scattered throughout the forums

fordman239
02-27-2008, 06:17 AM
i also have a concern with b/s/t section, i dont really know how to put it, but how can people with like 20 posts still post in b/s/t? becuz when i had my fs thread, a bunch of noobs posted there asking me how much, and idk why? was that before or after the rule changes?

Surgeon
02-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Hey,xmodsnut, you know what- you might be on to something. Wow. What were we thinking? Orginization and rules on a forum...now that is just crazy talk. You are right, we need to go back to the chaos. We need 50 threads about member's new ferrari's, GT-R's and Lancer Evo's....We need bashing,flaming, spamming and thread jacking. We need the perpetuated chaos to fill the empty void. I can't speak for everyone else, but personally I am ticked. When I sign in here I can go to new post and find xmod projects and on-topic discussion. I don't know about everyone else, but this is just crazy to me! I loved how the forum was at one time a scavenger hunt to find anything worth reading, how you would have to weed through pointless threads to find concrete information! That was just super-great!

The good ole days. Xmodsnut, you should be the one to lead us back into the dark ages. You and all the other spammers/noobs/weenies could be the new staff, you could lead us into a new era of misinformation and pointless jargon. The light is shining, the door is open, walk through. Lead the revolution to social retardation portrayed through an online forum. Genius, my friend, pure GENIUS!

civic_guy
02-27-2008, 10:09 AM
If people want to put their names then let them put their names. If you don't want to put your name then don't sell anything on the forum.

If you fell asleep reading the rules then maybe you should just shoot yourself in the face now, because your going to fail at life anyway. There's a lot of reading going on in the world and if you're sooo lazy that you can't read a simple page of rules without "falling asleep" then that's just sad.

Lowrideit
02-27-2008, 03:19 PM
It has changed alot, Few bad, Alot good, I can agree alittle,
I do agree with the whole B/S/T thing though, I mean, I dont really want people too know my name, Im ashamed of it. and my adress.
Thats all I have too say./

bondo
02-27-2008, 03:37 PM
i just read through all of the posted rules in the Rules And Guidlelines section and it took me 6 minutes....

apparently you fell asleep before you got to rule 9.

Mocking or flaming the owners/staff.

We will not tolerate any mocking or flaming of the staff.
If you have something to say, bring it up with a site admin or another supermod.
You may also use the Comments/Sugestions/Disscussions section to openly voice your dispute,However, you must do so in a polite and civilized manner.

mainly the part highlighted in red.
your little bit about me being admin **** near caught you some points.
i dont really care if you like me or are happy with me being admin. your little add on has nothing to do with the matters at hand.
if you have a problem with me then take it up in PM's and i'll be happy to wear out any reasoning you might have.

Acura
02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
NOT TRYING TO GET BANNED OR SOMETHING BUT IMO THIS IS DUMB. why do we have to put this???like xmodnut said, u can tell the buyer on pm's
1. Name:
2. Location:
3. Contact:
4. Description:
5. Looking For:

i have bin on here since 2005, and it was just fine back then

texan_idiot25
02-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Your not going to be banned for expressing complaints... :lol:

Lowrideit
02-27-2008, 05:16 PM

Good, thats what kept me from posting this.

I think that the whole new B/S/T thing is kind of personal information.
I mean, I really perfer not too tell people my name and stuff, Its kinda like personal, Like how about this, You guys tell us when we deal and stuff, To work threw Pm's, Example, me and Acura are doing a deal, I think, So instead of keep posting in the For sale thread, or whatever, We do it threw Pms, I think thats how it should be, Like it used too be.

Just my opion, Im not complaining, Im just speaking my mind.

Donziikid
02-27-2008, 05:27 PM
1. Name:
2. Location:
3. Contact:
4. Description:
5. Looking For:

That is in my B/S/T example threads because that is how many other forums do it. Why do they do this? Because it is formal, gives you all the information needed up front for the deal and other things.

In my example B/S/T threads did I place my full name? Yes; because I am comforatble with it. In the rules that were going to be posted it stated you may place either your first name or your full name, whichever you are more comfortable with. If you do not want to give your last name then do not give your last name.

In my example B/S/T threads did I place my location? Yes; because that is what is already in my forum profiles location, as it is in many of your forum profile locations. The rules do not state you have to give your city, state or street address, just at least a country/providence.

In my example B/S/T thread did I place my contact? Yes; because those are the ways I would like to be contacted. Either through private message here on the forum, or if you want a faster response with my eMail. In the rules it also states that you do not have to give out your eMail, but you do have to state whether you would like it to the eMail through the forum or by private message through the forum.

In my example B/S/T thread did I place a description? Yes; in my "For Sale" thread I did place a description because that is what I was selling. In my WTB thread I placed that because it described briefly what I wanted.

In my example B/S/T thread did I place a "Looking For" or "Price"? Yes, because that is what I was either looking for or trying to sell the listed item for said price. It also makes things a lot easier to have them up a-top your thread instead of having to dig through the thread.

These rules/guidelines have been instated because they make it easier for both the consumer and the seller. Why? Because we want transactions here at Xmodsource.com to be as easy as possible and would like to receive little amount of questions, complaints or problems in the B/S/T section.

Hope this clears a few things up. Also, I must add, I was quite surprised to see people already going and following the guidelines setup in the Example threads when no where in the thread did it state "You Must Follow These Guidelines." No where in the rules was it posted (so far) that you had to follow that format. You all did it by yourselves, so kudo's to you! (And I mean that, it made my day to see you guys already following just three example threads!) :)

texan_idiot25
02-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Leave constructive complaints. ;) Your not going to get in trouble voicing your opinion, helps us to massage this site smooth.

Donzii proposed this system, so I'll let him do the answering.

Donzii-Other forums is not a forum with kids.. Giving out names isn't necessary. Contact info, and a city, sure. But no need for names really.

XMODification
02-27-2008, 05:29 PM

Good, thats what kept me from posting this.
Just my opion, Im not complaining, Im just speaking my mind.

People so scared now that they're starting to contradict themselves when making their own statements ( just too funny :lol: - no offense to anyone) :bigwink: .

Lowrideit
02-27-2008, 05:31 PM
That is in my B/S/T example threads because that is how many other forums do it. Why do they do this? Because it is formal, gives you all the information needed up front for the deal and other things.

In my example B/S/T threads did I place my full name? Yes; because I am comforatble with it. In the rules that were going to be posted it stated you may place either your first name or your full name, whichever you are more comfortable with. If you do not want to give your last name then do not give your last name.

In my example B/S/T threads did I place my location? Yes; because that is what is already in my forum profiles location, as it is in many of your forum profile locations. The rules do not state you have to give your city, state or street address, just at least a country/providence.

In my example B/S/T thread did I place my contact? Yes; because those are the ways I would like to be contacted. Either through private message here on the forum, or if you want a faster response with my eMail. In the rules it also states that you do not have to give out your eMail, but you do have to state whether you would like it to the eMail through the forum or by private message through the forum.

In my example B/S/T thread did I place a description? Yes; in my "For Sale" thread I did place a description because that is what I was selling. In my WTB thread I placed that because it described briefly what I wanted.

In my example B/S/T thread did I place a "Looking For" or "Price"? Yes, because that is what I was either looking for or trying to sell the listed item for said price. It also makes things a lot easier to have them up a-top your thread instead of having to dig through the thread.

These rules/guidelines have been instated because they make it easier for both the consumer and the seller. Why? Because we want transactions here at Xmodsource.com to be as easy as possible and would like to receive little amount of questions, complaints or problems in the B/S/T section.

Hope this clears a few things up. Also, I must add, I was quite surprised to see people already going and following the guidelines setup in the Example threads when no where in the thread did it state "You Must Follow These Guidelines." No where in the rules was it posted (so far) that you had to follow that format. You all did it by yourselves, so kudo's to you! (And I mean that, it made my day to see you guys already following just three example threads!) :)

Im completely understand that, and the time you took too type that, and the examples, I problay just wont use my last name,
Thanks Donzii, Texan and of course, Bondo!

TheB1GDude
02-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Please try to remember that these are new Work In Progress rules that we are trying to adopt to make the site a more fun place to be - if you don't like them then feel free to post your opinion no one will be band for that just remember to keep what you say clean so we can have a mature discussion about... Donzii is doing a great job in putting everything together so just give us a little bit of time and all will be great.

imnotmikal
02-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Everyone complaining about how BST is set up has no idea what they're talking about.
You don't want to tell people your name and address?
How do you expect to recieve your items?
It mainly speeds it up.
Though, I will admit there are a few people I don't want seeing my address and full name,but that would explain why I don't have any threads in the BST.

Just my .02

-Mikal

Donziikid
02-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Im completely understand that, and the time you took too type that, and the examples, I problay just wont use my last name,
Thanks Donzii, Texan and of course, Bondo!

Completely understandable. ;) No one needs to use a last name.

Once I get home I will be posting the new B/S/T rules in the B/S/T section so that there will be less confusion about the new rules. They will also be revised slightly to accomodate some peoples rational decisions and complaints.

Thank you,
Kyle.

texan_idiot25
02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Everyone complaining about how BST is set up has no idea what they're talking about.
You don't want to tell people your name and address?
How do you expect to recieve your items?

Through PMs.

Realize that this site is viewed by anyone. Posting your address publicly is pretty stupid. Remember how we were able to track down a person's address, and how many options there were to use that against them?

Post your address on here in public view, and if it's close enough, I'll come steal your car, get jiggy with your mom, and kick your dog on the way out, after peeing in your bed.

Not really, but you catch my drift

imnotmikal
02-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Realize that this site is viewed by anyone.

Forgot about that....
I'm used to sites that you have to register to view any posts.

garder121
02-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Seeing that we are talking about new rules and threads and stuff, i don't mind the rules i really don't care for that matter as long as i don't get banned.but 4 b/s/t threads whats a "WTB"? i don't mind, unlike some people, giving like certain contact info as long as it isn't things 2 hurt me.

texan_idiot25
02-27-2008, 06:46 PM
WTB = What To Buy

Most_Wanted
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
WTB = What To Buy

I always thought it was WTB = Want To Buy. :lol:

suicide_star
02-27-2008, 06:58 PM
let me start off by saying that i actually like you xmodsnut, so i'm not saying anything just to spite you...but what bondo intially complained about was the lack of rules and enforcement, for a while after the hack this place was belly up full of new members just going around tearing up the place burying good information under spam and offtopic BS. the rules are slightly more strict now than the way it was ran before the hack but it's no problem for our veteran members...it's simple, just respect people, dont make multiple accounts, and don't double post...the only reason people catch any hell here is for disprespecting somebody or having more than one account...and anybody doing that deserves to be disciplined. as for people posting personal info in B/S/T, that's totally optional. and fordman, i'm checking on your issue riiight now.

edit: ok fordman, i dont see what you're whining about...the only person that wasnt eligible to post in your thread posted on 2/16...your thread was asked to be closed on 2/16 and the thread is, in fact, closed...so what's the big deal?

Most_Wanted
02-27-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm just curious why the post that Donziikid made earlier in this thread was deleted and how are comments like this are not deleted? I'm sorry, but telling someone to shoot their face off because they're going to fail at life anyways is a completely wrong and disrespectful thing to say to any member.

If people want to put their names then let them put their names. If you don't want to put your name then don't sell anything on the forum.

If you fell asleep reading the rules then maybe you should just shoot yourself in the face now, because your going to fail at life anyway. There's a lot of reading going on in the world and if you're sooo lazy that you can't read a simple page of rules without "falling asleep" then that's just sad.

suicide_star
02-27-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm just curious why the post that Donziikid made earlier in this thread was deleted and how are comments like this are not deleted? I'm sorry, but telling someone to shoot their face off because they're going to fail at life anyways is a completely wrong and disrespectful thing to say to any member.

eh, it could have been worded better but he's right...even though it's fun not to conform (i would know), i think what he meant is that if people are unwilling to follow the rules or even read the rules that it'll come back to bite them in the *** later. im sure civic_guy doesn't want anybody shotting themselves in the face :lol:

bondo
02-27-2008, 07:17 PM

though you may not see it this way, there is a bit of validity in his post.
though harsh and a bit ill advised, he's right.
you guys are on an online forum.
the whole point here is to READ!!!
if all you want is pictures then hit up the gallery.
if you cant be bothered to read 6 minutes worth of text in a place that conforms to the literate then the chances of you being able to stay awake for a job application are nil since most apps take 15 minutes or more to fill out.
this is just one of the many examples where you would be asked to read for more then 6 minutes at any given moment in REAL LIFE.

donzii's post was removed for other reasons then bashing.

Most_Wanted
02-27-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm sure he didn't mean for it to be taken literally, but those kinds of comments are only going to start unnecessary flaming and arguing in my opinion. If people want this place to do better and improve then it is up to every member (even veterans) to show some sort of respect to each other. I'm not defending the comments that originally started this thread, just commenting on inappropriate posts.

I agree with you about the reading, it's another one of the things that people tend not to do, just like the search function :D .

bondo
02-27-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm sure he didn't mean for it to be taken literally, but those kinds of comments are only going to start unnecessary flaming and arguing in my opinion. If people want this place to do better and improve then it is up to every member (even veterans) to show some sort of respect to each other. I'm not defending the comments that originally started this thread, just commenting on inappropriate posts.

I agree with you about the reading, it's another one of the things that people tend not to do, just like the search function :D .

well, the search function doesnt work the best on this site due to the copious ammounts of spam and vague thread titles but your right, i get alot of people asking questions that have already been answered in my threads.
an example would be my "best of the best" thread.
the cars are clearly marked with "sold" or "belongs to" but i still get replys and PM's asking if i still have this or that...

2wdpancar
02-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I mean I really am not afraid.
It's not like someone will track your IP down and somehow/someway find where you live.
They aren't going to kill you or anything, I think the whole point of telling where you are is to cut down on the posts such as Where do you live, how much, etc...
Cause it uses up the server space...etc...
Just my .02 aswell, :lol:
Besides, I don't think any of us are terrorists or mass murders......:uhoh:

bondo
02-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I mean I really am not afraid.
It's not like someone will track your IP down and somehow/someway find where you live.
They aren't going to kill you or anything, I think the whole point of telling where you are is to cut down on the posts such as Where do you live, how much, etc...
Cause it uses up the server space...etc...
Just my .02 aswell, :lol:
Besides, I don't think any of us are terrorists or mass murders......:uhoh:

the people who hacked this site last month were terrorists.
just on another level.
terrorism is the disruption of everyday life by an extremist with an agenda.

as a public forum were subject to all of the earths degenerates.
i havnt come out and said it in this thread but XMnut has a point about how much info should be given out in public forums.
were talking about some of the rules in the mod section but for the most part they will stay the same.

texan_idiot25
02-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Just post your area code, thats honestly all you need to calculate shipping. Keep your addresses private, plain and simple. Posting it publically won't save server space, won't realistically save time (a fraction of a second is no big deal in a life with billions of seconds).

Trust me, go search around on the internet and see what happens when the wrong people get your address. :lol:

Sweed
02-28-2008, 11:51 AM
you should be thankful though,now you can actually find all of the rules in one place rather then scattered throughout the forums

That's true. Maybe now I can get around to reading them..

But honestly, rules from Forum to Forum are pretty much the same. The only thing that varies is linking and sig-lenghts...

My only complaint (as of right now):
Surgeon's not a moderator?

xmodkidd33
03-01-2008, 11:05 AM
I find nothing wrong with the rules, I think if someone has a problem they should leave.

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 06:24 PM
So what about this,
I receive a warning tooday for 'Spaming' While i was being told Im a liar, I no nothing about cars, I was just answering what they were saying, Sure, Go ahead, Ban me Texan, I find this bs.
I mean, if 2 people can sit at a thread and watch it and wait for me too make the wrong move, One even being a mod, Thats not right.

texan_idiot25
03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Are you really going to whine about it? You went into SPR's thread, you started arguing, and I gave you 1 point, not the 2, or even 3 point infraction that would have banned you for a short time.

You have a very blatant history of lying on here. That is your rep to deal with. And, when you sit and try and pass BS as fact, then yes, myself and others are going to tell you differently.

Do you have a problem with this? Your making a ruckus over 1 point. Please, get over it. You can wait for the other mods to chime in, but anyone else would just give the ban.

bondo
03-10-2008, 06:48 PM
So what about this,
I receive a warning tooday for 'Spaming' While i was being told Im a liar, I no nothing about cars, I was just answering what they were saying, Sure, Go ahead, Ban me Texan, I find this bs.
I mean, if 2 people can sit at a thread and watch it and wait for me too make the wrong move, One even being a mod, Thats not right.

not only were you spamming up a thread that you have absolutely no knowledge about, you were instigating fights between members.

i firmly stand behind texans descision to give you infraction points.
if you didnt know anything about cars then who are you to answer any of their questions?
i'm sure all of the parties involved in that thread will tell you that you were out of line and didnt belong there in the first place.
you dont see me giving advice to the subaru guy's do you?
you know why i dont?
because i dont know anything about them.

now, you can take your points like a big boy and let it go or you can keep on with it and possibly incure more.
the choice is yours.

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I just dont understand this,
I myself did keep going, But so did spr and so did texan, Sure texans a mod, but hes too do right,
Sure I was trying too get BACK on topic, While Texan and spr keep doing stuff to make me seem like a dumb...

texan_idiot25
03-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Prove to me where I did wrong. And where SPR did wrong.

We were responding to YOU. Is this hard to comprehend? I gave the infraction to you after the fact, and SPR stopped as well. You "tried to get on topic" AFTER the infraction was given. Don't get it twisted homie :lol:

Your complaining over 1 point, really, stop. I was nice and didn't give the infraction that would of ended in a ban.

Does anyone else find this silly?

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I find it silly, I really do,
I would show you what went wrong, But the post were deleted....
I mean sure, It is only 1 point, Im also only 1 point from ban.

texan_idiot25
03-10-2008, 07:04 PM
I deleted the personal stories between you and SPR. And...? What's your point in that.

Your 1 point from a ban, but not banned, happy? All you have to do is not cause problems, and you won't get another point... Simple!

And if you get in trouble in the future and get a temporary ban, then take it and wait it out. It's not hard..

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah well its kinda hard too 'Behave' when you recieve infractions for the little stupid stuff.

Sorry too waste your time texan.

bondo
03-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I just dont understand this,
I myself did keep going, But so did spr and so did texan, Sure texans a mod, but hes too do right,
Sure I was trying too get BACK on topic, While Texan and spr keep doing stuff to make me seem like a dumb...

understand this....
it wouldnt have happened if you werent there in the first place.
i'm not saying that SPR,chux and tex arent in the wrong for coming at you the way they did but you not going to get any simpathy from me.
you shouldnt have been there in the first place unless you had a regular comment about the thread.
your first post was questioning SPR's knowledge of subaru's to wich you quickly realized that you were wrong.
that should have been the end of it.
but then you continued to test SPR about his knowledge knowing your only going by what others have already stated.
then when your proven wrong you go on to claim to be "testing" SPR on his knowledge when he had shut you up 3 times before.
should i keep going????

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 07:09 PM
But the thing is, I said I was wrong, gave it up.
Then they kept going,
So bondo,
Lets put it like this.
Your at a car show lets say.
You say something about a new 2008 STI, And some guy proves you wrong, you accept it, Then they keep going on about how your wrong,
Sure I tryed too let it go, But I choose not too, Im not going too be here and look like a dumb...

texan_idiot25
03-10-2008, 07:10 PM
You know what you got them for, you had a prior warning, and you still went with it. It's pretty easy to stay out of trouble, reading comprehension helps. You went off topic after being warned, you got 1 point. One, uno. Single, point. Compared to the 13 you had prior, I doubt this is a big deal.

Big whoop.

Sure I tryed too let it go, But I choose not too, Im not going too be here and look like a dumb...
You didn't stop arguing with SPR and I until after I gave the infraction. But your making yourself look even more like a dumb *** (as you imply) by sitting here and still arguing it. Just like you were arguing it in SPR's thread, and the Honda thread.

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Well Ill give up,
Either way im wrong is the way it is here.
I give up.
Sorry too waste you guys time.

bondo
03-10-2008, 07:20 PM
no, you didnt let it go.
you kept pressing the fact that you know more about the subject then someone who just proved you wrong.
the evidence is all there man, go back and look.

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
I cant go back bondo, Texan deleted the post's.
And Ill give this up too, Cause here it seems like Im always wrong.

bondo
03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
i never said you were COMPLETELY wrong.
but you still got and are keeping your point.
SPR isnt going to get any points because it was his thread about his car club and he was constantly questioned on his knowledge of the subject.
IMHO he was defending himself from 2 sides.

Texan shouldnt be of any concern to you anymore and as far as chux goes, im not touching that one.
if another mod wants to give him infractions then that's up to them.

Titantaw12
03-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah i just saw one post with there name and privite stuff

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 07:44 PM
What are you talking about Titan? What post.
And Bondo, Im not worried about Chux, Or texan, I was just doing the same thing as SPR, defending my self,

Titantaw12
03-10-2008, 07:48 PM
It was a different xmod site i saw it on.

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Saw what,
This is the only place I talk too him.

Titantaw12
03-10-2008, 07:52 PM
saw people post private info.

Lowrideit
03-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Whos some people,Link?

REDisFASTER
03-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Titanaw12, let off... This is between Lowrideit and the staff, don't get yourself involved and potentially screw things up for Lowrideit...

As for Lowrideit, you're not always wrong, its just that you sometimes seem to violate some rules. You're lucky that you're receiving verbal (err.. textual) warnings as opposed to full-on infractions. It just goes to show the severity of your what you say or do. Warnings are like like your girlfriend nagging at you saying that you're weaving in and out of your lane and reminding you to stay centered in your lane. Infractions are like speeding tickets. They've got legal (somewhat) value. Try to picture it that way :)