PDA

View Full Version : custom wheels

suprastar
07-13-2004, 02:29 AM
could u make ur own custom wheels by using model wheels and put that d cut in them?
just wondering

XmodX2
07-15-2004, 03:16 PM
im sure u could but i dont know how 2

aznballa2k4
07-15-2004, 07:46 PM
could u make ur own custom wheels by using model wheels and put that d cut in them?
just wondering

yes you could. i currently finished them. nothing too flashy though. got them from a revell model. i think(not sure) you could use any of the rims from model cars. personally i think its much better than what the xmod has. when i drift with the stock ones with the tires.....it always comes loose. even when it was brand new it wasn't very good. it should be a little lighter too (for all you racing folks that care about weight). the tires are excellent. gives it a more realistic look. the only flaw is that theres only one set of tires. well when i got it it did. got it for free so i don't know. i'll try to get some pics of it asap and put it in my thread maybe tonight or tomorrow. the shine is unbelieveable. hope it shows up well in the pics.

Cj360270
07-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Heres an idea:

1. Grab a spare axle that holds a front wheel in place when you have RWD.
2. Place the rim you need a D shape in on a flat surface, such as a table.
3. Hold the axle with pliers and keep the tip of it centered on your rim.
4. Grab your soldering iron and plug it in (KEEP THAT AXLE CENTERED!)
5. After your iron heats up, hold it against your axle.
6. While holding the iron to the axle, push down with your pliers.
7. The axle should go through therefore making a D shape, and get stuck halfway through.
8. LET IT COOL OFF!
9. After the axle cools, give it a tug.
10. And Finally! Enjoy that sweet success feeling!

:D

aznballa2k4
07-18-2004, 09:56 PM
finally got the pics up. check them out in my thread.

ferrari_killer68
08-08-2004, 03:34 PM
:nod: you can i got spinners off my dub city modle and put them on my supra :nod: