PDA

View Full Version : Super Cub or E10 Touring?

Stampedekid
02-22-2008, 10:38 PM
I am getting hopefully a Super Cub RC Plane from my LHS when my grades get up in science. I have had my eyes on it for a while. The E10 Touring I can race at the other Hobby Shop because they have an indoor any scale (1/8 and under) track indoors. The Micro DT would get damaged down there by the bigger cars. The Super Cub is strictly an outdoor flyer because of its massive wingspan of over 4 feet. And its massive size. It is a skill level 1 plane and is $159.99 where as the E10 Touring is $169.99. And I already have RC aircraft experience and somewhat with my dad's E-Flite Blade CX2. Fun helicopter. And RC land vehicles....don't even get me started! With the E10, I'd probably get a Sidewinder Brushless System for it.

xmodificationer
02-23-2008, 12:20 AM
im getting a E10, they look cool, but they have like no hop ups

Donziikid
02-23-2008, 07:00 PM
You won't get much enjoyment out of a trainer airplane, I can garentee you that. If you really want to get into the flight scene get that and get ready to spend some major dollars later on. I'd actually suggest going down to your LHS and asking if there are any local flight clubs around and going to their training sessions. I know my local flight field has a "Student Day" every wednesday starting in May. This is where all of the people that want to learn how to fly come down and learn how to fly and get thier flight license. (Yes, you have to be A.) Certified to fly on a official AMA flight field and B.) have that flight fields flying card to check out a frequency pin and use their field.) It's not like landbased RC; it's much more dangerous.

By the way, four feet wingspan is smalllllll! :lol:

Stampedekid
02-24-2008, 09:49 AM
You won't get much enjoyment out of a trainer airplane, I can garentee you that. If you really want to get into the flight scene get that and get ready to spend some major dollars later on. I'd actually suggest going down to your LHS and asking if there are any local flight clubs around and going to their training sessions. I know my local flight field has a "Student Day" every wednesday starting in May. This is where all of the people that want to learn how to fly come down and learn how to fly and get thier flight license. (Yes, you have to be A.) Certified to fly on a official AMA flight field and B.) have that flight fields flying card to check out a frequency pin and use their field.) It's not like landbased RC; it's much more dangerous.

By the way, four feet wingspan is smalllllll! :lol:

Really, wow. Well I am new to RC flight. I owned an AirHogs Defender, but it is toast now. It was a plane that you have to throw to get it to fly. I'll post some pics of my dad's Blade CX2 later in another thread.

Donziikid
02-24-2008, 10:47 AM
If you are new you really should go out to your local flying field and have them teach you how to fly. I did that approximatly three years ago and had my license within' three months. However, I knew how to fly previously from flight simulations like Real Flight Deluxe and my Father also flew RC planes back in the 1970's and 1980's. So, now all three of us fly; my dad, my brother and myself. It's quite the hobby to get into if you have the proper funding. I'm part of Skymasters of Michigan, check it out from google. ;)

And, yeah, lol. Our clubs Super Cub has a wing span of twelve feet. :p

Stampedekid
02-24-2008, 01:06 PM
If you are new you really should go out to your local flying field and have them teach you how to fly. I did that approximatly three years ago and had my license within' three months. However, I knew how to fly previously from flight simulations like Real Flight Deluxe and my Father also flew RC planes back in the 1970's and 1980's. So, now all three of us fly; my dad, my brother and myself. It's quite the hobby to get into if you have the proper funding. I'm part of Skymasters of Michigan, check it out from google. ;)

And, yeah, lol. Our clubs Super Cub has a wing span of twelve feet. :p

Well one of the guys who works at the LHS was talking to his friends about their clubs' last meeting, I was listening. I played around with RealFlight on their game. Me and my dad are going to get the game. For him with the Indoor Heli's and me with the Planes. I just need to get up my science grades before I can buy one. I'll check out the Michigan one just for kicks. I am already a member of a RC Boat Racing Team upstate.