PDA

View Full Version : project F-350

monsterhunter
02-22-2008, 06:36 PM
ok well today I have been very bored so i decided to make a pair of dually tires and put them on my f-150, so now im working on a set of fenders to make it into an f-350. all i have done is part of the one fender. ok so now onto pictures.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc48/speedfreak41/Picture013-2.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc48/speedfreak41/Picture014-2.jpg
all comments, and questions are welcome, and im looking for something that is strong but bends to get curves in it, if any one has some help there it will be appreciated. right now the fender is plexy glass taped on.

xmodificationer
02-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I see you are hacking up my f150:D, also add a piece that goes down on the wheel wall things you made so its like /-\ not /-

Xtruck
02-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I know that the best thing to use is a styrene sheet. They have'em in any form you desire. You can pick one up at your local hobby shop or order on towerhobbies.com They also come thick and thin!!! Your truck looks great, but I never figured out, how do you make the rear dualy tires???

monsterhunter
02-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I know that the best thing to use is a styrene sheet. They have'em in any form you desire. You can pick one up at your local hobby shop or order on towerhobbies.com They also come thick and thin!!! Your truck looks great, but I never figured out, how do you make the rear dualy tires???

thanks ill have to look into that stuff, and for the dually tires all i did was take 4 lift kit tires(works with any tire though) took out the back rim and super glued them together and put the rim on the truck then the tires.

xmodscarbon's_lost
02-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Just super glue them and your done.I did it and i sold it on ebay about five months ago..............................back on topic it looks good so far just soften the edges and it will look good.

Xtruck
02-22-2008, 08:43 PM
I saw ur profile and all your posts, COOL. Anyways, u should also get a few hinges for your truck and pimp it out more. U can get them at towerhobbies.com

monsterhunter
02-22-2008, 08:46 PM
I saw ur profile and all your posts, COOL. Anyways, u should also get a few hinges for your truck and pimp it out more. U can get them at towerhobbies.com

cool thanks, and yea right now I'm thinking about doing a few things like getting hood hinges and flipping it froward maybe,and i need a sick hood scoop, but besides the fact that I'm broke, i also need headlights and a grill, along with some money.

taiwanesekid05
02-22-2008, 08:46 PM

I don't think he wants to "Pimp" out his F-350. This is supposed to be mean, not rice.

Titantaw12
02-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Yah i think that getting headlight and grill would make it better.

xmodkidd33
02-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Let's see what 4x4Daddy has to say.

Looks pretty nice so far, how are you going to form the rest of the fenders?

monsterhunter
02-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Let's see what 4x4Daddy has to say.

Looks pretty nice so far, how are you going to form the rest of the fenders?

its going to be all plexy glass for the fenders, heres some updates as of now but I kinda ran out of super glue so i can't do any more yet.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc48/speedfreak41/Picture003-5.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc48/speedfreak41/Picture002-7.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc48/speedfreak41/Picture001-7.jpg

noturday
02-22-2008, 11:29 PM
WHOA that thing has wings. i'd say make em a little thinner, they dont have to cover the whole tire, i think you should lift the body as well, but not a whole lot

monsterhunter
02-23-2008, 12:55 PM
WHOA that thing has wings. i'd say make em a little thinner, they dont have to cover the whole tire, i think you should lift the body as well, but not a whole lot

right now I'm waiting to see the finished fenders first before i do any other material to thin it. and yea i might lift the body a little bit I'm not t sure yet.

fieldfairy2
02-23-2008, 08:49 PM
This is gonna turn out pretty cool. If you are going to raise the body, do something like diy minituners lift and then make the fender(plexiglass) flush with the stock fender. THat is my opinion but either way it looks cool and good luck.

monsterhunter
02-24-2008, 12:31 PM
This is gonna turn out pretty cool. If you are going to raise the body, do something like diy minituners lift and then make the fender(plexiglass) flush with the stock fender. THat is my opinion but either way it looks cool and good luck.

thats exactly what i was thinking, i just need some super glue then I'll have sme more updates for you guys.

fieldfairy2
02-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Wow, THat is weird that we both have the same idea. Great minds think alike.=)I see a dremmel too. I don't know what that has to do with any thing but anyways. It looks nice. Keep us updated

monsterhunter
02-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Wow, THat is weird that we both have the same idea. Great minds think alike.=)I see a dremmel too. I don't know what that has to do with any thing but anyways. It looks nice. Keep us updated

:lol: i guess so, that dremel has a lot to do with this considering i use it to cut the plexyglass, updates if my mom ever goes and buys me super glue. :mad:

fieldfairy2
02-24-2008, 01:30 PM
When you get the super glue, i would raise the body a bit, and move the fenders down a bit. WHen the superglue dries, (if you have it) use epoxy putty to make it look smoother. You are going to make the fenders all the way down to the side skirt? I think this is going to be cool.

monsterhunter
02-24-2008, 01:47 PM
When you get the super glue, i would raise the body a bit, and move the fenders down a bit. WHen the superglue dries, (if you have it) use epoxy putty to make it look smoother. You are going to make the fenders all the way down to the side skirt? I think this is going to be cool.

yea i might work on raising the body in a few right now im playing COD4 on the PS3, and i can't move the fenders down with out cutting them up a little bit so i think I'm just gonna extend them down to the side skirt and smoothen them out, and add the back and a piece n the side of it to give it the "real" look. them once i get every thing settled paint.

monsterhunter
02-24-2008, 10:14 PM
ok so i have done the small body lift to it and this is how it sits.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc48/speedfreak41/IMG_0016-5.jpg
(yes the tire is falling off, **** super glue:mad:)
and side view
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc48/speedfreak41/IMG_0015-8.jpg
also i would like to add that i have removed the fenders for future work(which I'm hoping will be not so future).

fieldfairy2
02-25-2008, 05:01 PM
I think that looks better. Any special mods for this thing? as in motor and lithium. Is it just me or the picture but it looks like it is higher in the back. O well i like.

noturday
02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
the higher rear end isnt necessarily a bad thing, it looks a whole lot better with the body lift

monsterhunter
02-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I think that looks better. Any special mods for this thing? as in motor and lithium. Is it just me or the picture but it looks like it is higher in the back. O well i like.

as of right now i have no future plans maybe a helimax motor if i can find it and get it to work, and maybe when i get the money liths.

the higher rear end isnt necessarily a bad thing, it looks a whole lot better with the body lift
yea i think the rears a little higher but your right it's not a bad thing so I'm gonna leave it like that.

Lowrideit
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Not too burst your bubble, But you know, It wasnt just duallys that seperated the f-150s from the f-350s?

monsterhunter
02-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Not too burst your bubble, But you know, It wasnt just duallys that seperated the f-150s from the f-350s?

well yeah i knew that, but its a little hard to do a full conversion with an xmod.

Lowrideit
02-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah hah, I was just saying,
I just figured you were just going for the looks, Turned out pretty nice, Good job!

monsterhunter
02-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah hah, I was just saying,
I just figured you were just going for the looks, Turned out pretty nice, Good job!
thanks but sadly its not done yet, i still need some super glue.:mad: