PDA

View Full Version : stock electronics question

BumbleBee17
02-19-2008, 02:40 PM
wut is the max voltage the stock electronics can handle?

Donziikid
02-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Many believe it is right around the 8V mark. The highest voltage most people put into their Xmods is either a 7.4V LiPo pack or 7.2V with a six cell upgrade using all NiMH batteries. There have been some cases of a seven cell NiMH car running at 8.4V and lasting for a while; when going to 8.4V you're really pushing that limit.

BumbleBee17
02-19-2008, 04:30 PM
this may be a noobie question but is ther any way of lowering the voltage somehow before it gets to the board? say if i used a 9v. any way i could reduce the rist of frieing my board without do aftermarket upgrades to the electronics?

AJB32690
02-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Im assuming you are trying to use a 9v battery? Technically if you put a resistor in line with the positive terminal of the battery, it would work, but why?

Donziikid
02-19-2008, 04:41 PM
First let me ask you something.

Are you trying to use a 9V battery on your Xmod? If so, it's useless. There is not enough discharge from a 9V battery to power your Xmod. Although it has a high enough voltage (per se) it doesn't have a high enough discharge amperage to power your Xmod.

AJB32690
02-19-2008, 04:45 PM
First let me ask you something.

Are you trying to use a 9V battery on your Xmod? If so, it's useless. There is not enough discharge from a 9V battery to power your Xmod. Although it has a high enough voltage (per se) it doesn't have a high enough discharge amperage to power your Xmod.

I didnt even think about Amps, how many does a 9v have anyway?

Donziikid
02-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I didnt even think about Amps, how many does a 9v have anyway?

That depends on the brand of 9V. Like all other batteries I'm sure different batteries have a different discharge.

BumbleBee17
02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
the batt holders on one of my gen 1's came off. (wires broke off of the electronic board)
im thinking of getting the tight turns to replace the stock servo before i try and solder the wires. i dont like soldering. may try and find wire glue somewhere so i dont have to solder

BART
02-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Although donzi has this covered i would like to add that a 9volt with a resistor would do nothing as the resistor will do nothing until a load is placed on the circuit. Basically, when the car would be sitting still the ep would be getting the full 9volts and the resistors effectiveness would not take place until the throttle was depressed and the motor put a draw on the circuit.