PDA

View Full Version : Electric Drift cars.

Lowrideit
02-18-2008, 08:24 PM
So, I was thinking about this, Maybe its time too step up too something bigger.
I think I might get outta xmods, Maybe just keep it, But I do wana try something new.
I wwanted too know, if anyone around here knows of a good fourm, Like XMS, for electric powered drift cars.
I just wanna get into the hobby more, By stepping up some.

BodyCustoms
02-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Here is a good one.

http://www.drccentral.com/forum/

Lowrideit
02-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks Body, Im gonna check that out.

Donziikid
02-18-2008, 08:30 PM
RCU. (http://www.rcuniverse.com/) This is a forum dedicated to larger scale RC cars. They'll be able to help you in the touring sections.
RC-Drift. (http://rc-drift.com/rc-drift-forum/index.php) A forum dedicated to RC Drifting.
DRC. (http://www.drccentral.com/forum/index.php) Another forum dedicated to RC Drifting.

You could also try some manufacture's websites, especially those who manufacture RC Touring/Drifting machines. They're would be a large memberbase there that would be willing to help you. Try: HPI, Traxxas and other large manufactures such as those to get you up and on your feet. ;)

Cheers,
Kyle.

Lowrideit
02-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow, Now wonder they made you mod, I ask one simple thing, You give me a list,
Thanks alot Donzii!

Spade
02-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm not a fan of drift cars. get a regular fast 4WD RC car and put on drift tires if you want. but at the end of the day, you want cones and a buddy to make it worthwhile. superstreet 1/10 RSX FTW

Lowrideit
02-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Got the buddy, Cones,? Thats what spray paint is for ; ]

REDisFASTER
02-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Superstreet 1:10 RSX? Wow... Stop... Superstreet is a magazine, not a company like Team Associated, Team Losi, Traxxas, Tamiya, etc. who designs and manufacturers R/C kits and parts. Superstreet gives you paper with words and pictures... An RSX is a body... I have a Skyline and a Celica... Since I have a Skyline body, I MUST be faster than the RSX, right? Wrong... Well, hopefully I'm still faster, but still, its just a plastic (actually, lexan) 'shell' that makes your chassis look nice. Doesn't matter if you have an RSX or a Lambo... Plus, RSXes are FWD, so anyone drifting with a FWD car body looks like a nub.

Go on DRCC and buy a Tamiya TT-01D chassis. Its drift-ready, and theres LOTS of GPM goodness to go around ;)

PS, I'm XSNRGE on DRCC, and REDisFASTER on RCU.

Lowrideit
02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Well Im on Groovydrift and Oneten
And Red is absulotly right, Its only a body, Like he said, Just casue its a skyline, doesnt mean he's fast?
I mean, If I had a supra, Do I get a 2jz-Gte motor too?
Haha

Spade
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/1fb5i1.jpg

silly fool. I will spin you out and win the race just like I do to my friends 25MPH ebay car.

heavy RWD RC RSX FTW. come out after the rain and its great drifting if you know what youre doing since theres no brakes just motor backwind.

Lowrideit
02-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Haha, But superstreet is just the body,
Its nice, But AWD is better.

REDisFASTER
02-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Spade, is that the best you've got? You can't even take the body off and service it... Silly boy, walmart toys are for boys :)

See that little orange box on the chassis of the car? How much do you want to bet that it costs more than your WHOLE Radioshack car? The motor... Well, its almost as big as an XMOD, and it they usually cost MORE than an XMOD. Don't even get me started on a set of wheels, tires and inserts...

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/REDisFASTER/P2060302.jpg

Spade
02-20-2008, 09:02 PM
I know man, I've had 2 nitro as well as 2 good ebay 100$ ones that broke. just need a new steering servo so I can make one good out of the ebay electric ones since my second one ran into a puddle then later blew up cause I left the battery in. its just that there is really never a time where I dont have a working RSX. plus when new it looks better than any flimsy lexan body. thats my road car, my blue track one is stripped of unnecesities, like stickers, wing and rear bumper diffuser or whatever it is. it takes longer to get "under the shell" but small problems can be fixed.

the one in the pic is near 2 years old and under constant abuse getting twigs, dirt and occasionaly dog droppings while going thru my deadly sidewalk and road course. its been actually switched off while driving and crashed directly into a light pole. it had a rat in it that bit the antenna and 4 nonworking cars were right near by. its a beast. but the gears are getting old so I might swap the motor from my 20MPH mustang. even more beastlier

2wdpancar
02-20-2008, 09:10 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/1fb5i1.jpg

silly fool. I will spin you out and win the race just like I do to my friends 25MPH ebay car.

heavy RWD RC RSX FTW. come out after the rain and its great drifting if you know what youre doing since theres no brakes just motor backwind.

You think you can spin my XXX-S out foo?
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11340

My tires probably cost as much as the whole car.:nod:

Spade
02-20-2008, 09:26 PM
probly, i only have to rear end you before a corner. and its a beast at corners. then I'll hit Vtec and I'm out. or RCtec

REDisFASTER
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Rear-end a brushless? You must have Madd VTAKK with supercharged forged piston turbo rotary to be able to keep up with a brushless! Nice!

Lowrideit
02-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow, Im lost.
yep still lost.
Yep.

2wdpancar
02-20-2008, 09:40 PM
probly, i only have to rear end you before a corner. and its a beast at corners. then I'll hit Vtec and I'm out. or RCtec

Take note, your car is an xmod, take note, mine is a 1/10th, your xmod wouldn't catch up with mine.
Dude, I run NiMh Venom packs, and it hits about 45mph, an xmod running an X2LSP on 4S lipo wouldn't even flip this car.
I've tried so many different ways, it just has a lot of traction...plus it would beat your xmod's TR also.:)

Rear-end a brushless? You must have Madd VTAKK with supercharged forged piston turbo rotary to be able to keep up with a brushless! Nice!

Lol, it's 4WD.
That black thin g that runs thru the car, is a case for the belt, since it's an open chassis...rocks and dirt...not so good...gets dirty every run.:roll_eye:

Just realized you were talking to him LOL.
Well, he'd have to somehow lift my car up, and flip it, it ain't going to flip on it's own, you know, 1/10th -18/ths just don't flip THAT easy..unless you have a truck...
Wow, Im lost.
yep still lost.
Yep.

LOL.
I am too a bit..:lol:

stangdude94
02-20-2008, 09:47 PM
ok u want drift get team assocaited tc5 put on some ruber tires ther race here
http://richfieldracers.com/index.html
usualy we race foam tires

BodyCustoms
02-20-2008, 09:55 PM
ok u want drift get team assocaited tc5 put on some ruber tires ther race here
http://richfieldracers.com/index.html
usualy we race foam tires

I found a new place to go to now. I will be going there.

Most_Wanted
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
BLT - I hope your not saying that your Losi XXX-S hits 45 mph :lol: . Right on the Losi website it says 25+ mph, so unless you dropped a higher kv motor in it and drastically changed the gearing then I think you may be a little bit off :lol: .

REDisFASTER
02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
BLT - I hope your not saying that your Losi XXX-S hits 45 mph :lol: . Right on the Losi website it says 25+ mph, so unless you dropped a higher kv motor in it and drastically changed the gearing then I think you may be a little bit off :lol: .

You remember he's running a brushless system in there, right? :p

noturday
02-20-2008, 11:07 PM

"it's better to stay silent and appear stupid than to speak and remove all doubt" -someone smart

^i love that quote

Donziikid
02-20-2008, 11:08 PM
You remember he's running a brushless system in there, right? :p

http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA0287

Type:4WD Electric Touring Sedan
Scale:1/10
Length:16.63 in
Width:7.44 in
Wheelbase:10.13 in
Weight:53 oz
Chassis:Molded composite
Suspension:Independent
Drive Train:sealed single belt w/dual diffs
Tire Type:rubber
Motor or Engine:Novak SS4300 sensored brushless
Speed Control:Novak Brushless ESC
Radio:JR XR2i
Servos:Z-590 high torque steering servo
Batteries:not included
Charger:not included
Speed:25+ MPH
Gear Pitch:48
Wheel Size:26mm touring
Kit/RTR:RTR
Shock Type:aluminum, coil-over, oil filled
Body:Alfa
Ball Bearings:complete

;) It's only a 10.5 brushless motor.

mustanglover
02-20-2008, 11:09 PM
lol, dude it has a brushless in it stock.

Most_Wanted
02-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Yes I know, it's a Novak SS4300 (unless he changed it). Just saying what I saw on the site. Pretty big difference between 25 and 45 mph :p .

Stampedekid
02-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Haha watching this thread makes me laugh with this Spade guy and his Acura RSX.:lol: I too am thinking of an onroad car, just an HPI E10 Touring not Drift. My LHS has one that has been there for months and is a Blue Lamborghini Mucielago or however you spell it. It looks good, but its about what's under the lid what matters!

REDisFASTER
02-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Ack! My bad! I didn't notice his was RTR :p

2wdpancar
02-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Yes I know, it's a Novak SS4300 (unless he changed it). Just saying what I saw on the site. Pretty big difference between 25 and 45 mph :p .

Ok I was off a lot...:lol:
It seems rather fast though, it's still fun!
Lol, ok my bad it's more like 30 mph tops.
Donzii is right, my car is bone-stock, down to the tires, which I need to get new ones of...
The motor is a Novak 10.5T, I might swap it, but it's fun like this... =)

Donziikid
02-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Meme, your post has been deleted as it has no significance to this thread. If you have nothing good to say then don't post, please. ;)

BLT: Make sure your ESC will be able to handle a lower turn brushless motor. I know a lot of those stock motors on brushless RCs are all that the ESCs can take. Gets them a lot more money that way because then you have to buy an aftermarket ESC from them or another company. ;)

Most_Wanted
02-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Meme, your post has been deleted as it has no significance to this thread. If you have nothing good to say then don't post, please. ;)

BLT: Make sure your ESC will be able to handle a lower turn brushless motor. I know a lot of those stock motors on brushless RCs are all that the ESCs can take. Gets them a lot more money that way because then you have to buy an aftermarket ESC from them or another company. ;)

Donzii, you're correct. I just looked it up, and you can replace the motor but it has to be 10.5 turns (similar to a 19 turn brushed motor) or more. So if he wants more speed he will have to replace the ESC as well.

REDisFASTER
02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
BLT, if you're looking to upgrading to a hotter brushless motor, like something from Castle Creations, LRP or Novak, I know someone who may be interested in your RTR speedo and motor ;)

Donziikid
02-21-2008, 03:56 PM
BLT, if you do go brushless go with a Novak system or LRP. Although they're a little more expensive than the common Castle Creations (Mamba Maxx) they don't tend to overheat like the CC/MM does. ;)

Lowrideit
02-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Wow, this is extremely confusing, I Only understand brushless, 25-45 MPH, Umm, Overheat, Uhh,. Turns and thats pretty much it....

2wdpancar
02-21-2008, 07:35 PM

Lol, it's the stock one, of course it can handle the motor;) :lol:

BLT, if you're looking to upgrading to a hotter brushless motor, like something from Castle Creations, LRP or Novak, I know someone who may be interested in your RTR speedo and motor ;)

Um, how much they willing to pay, PM me...if you want to....
I would only buy Novak or CC, I think Mamba would be good.

BLT, if you do go brushless go with a Novak system or LRP. Although they're a little more expensive than the common Castle Creations (Mamba Maxx) they don't tend to overheat like the CC/MM does. ;)

Um, ok...
Lol, I think I don't even want to get a new motor, it's fun like this!
:lol:

meme405
02-21-2008, 08:39 PM
He asked about electric drift cars and you guys are arguing about BLT's brushless system, i thought no thread jacking was a rule. To think that there is four mods taking part in this...

EDIT: make that 2 mods but still...This is off topic.

Donziikid
02-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Meme, "thread jacking" is not covered in the Rules and Guidelines (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11950). It is, however, a "guideline" that has been implimented here on Xmodsource.com because it is an unkind thing to do to ones thread. However, I do not believe anyone here has been thread jacking because we're still talking about drifting RCs and drifting RC forums. If the creator of this thread, lowrideit, had a problem with it I'm sure he would have posted here about it or contact one of the moderators. And if he had, I'm sure all of the posts about other members RCs would have been deleted.

Mooshu_Beef
02-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Hey Low ride it!

Here is a link to my upkeep thread of my TT-01, the same thing Red suggested. Trust me, when you get into this scale, your xmods are going to collect dust. I am trying to sell mine (see the sig?) because I want to just switch over to 1:10 completely.

http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39617

A great thing about this scale is that they act much more realistic. There is weight to sustain a drift. The only problem is cost in some aspects. Even though, look at the price for a billet knuckle for an Xmod versus the TT-01. Same price. Nice.

Electronics. No comparison. XMods are in steps, and this is totally digital.

Another great thing is that the body selection is amazing. Sure you have to paint your bodies, but that's so much fun! Look what I did to my Toyota Trueno '86

http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40054

There is so much more freedom in this scale. Though, be prepared to be hungry for more parts all the time.

Don't get me wrong, Xmods are great. I learned a lot about RCs from these, but don't be offended if people tell you xmods are toys. They are a step above walmart and toys R us cars, but still they aren't quite "hobby" grade.

Google search a Tamiya Ta05. Beautiful chassis.

And don't mean to burst your bubble Spade, but when you combine the words "good" and "$100" and "ebay" that usually does not connotate quality...

-Mooshu Beef