PDA

View Full Version : Radline Modified motor

Pardalis
02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Does anyone think it would be worth throwing a stage 2 arm in the Radline modified motor can? I can pick one up new for $12. Here are the specs....
Features:
-High Ventilation, Open End Bell Design delivers 27,000 RPM’s per minute
-Carbon Brushes
-Neo ferite magnets
-Ball Bearings

Includes:
-Modified Motor

GP

suicide_star
02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Does anyone think it would be worth throwing a stage 2 arm in the Radline modified motor can? I can pick one up new for $12. Here are the specs....
Features:
-High Ventilation, Open End Bell Design delivers 27,000 RPM’s per minute
-Carbon Brushes
-Neo ferite magnets
-Ball Bearings

Includes:
-Modified Motor

GP

funny you brought this up man, i was about to tear into a radline motor today to see what parts i could salvage to make a nice frankenstein motor. are neodynium (SP?) magnets better than neo ferite? the can is nice on the radline motor, i was actually going to keep the arm and just in some more powerful magnets in hope of getting more torque.

noturday
02-15-2008, 08:54 PM
suicide's on top of things haha, he basically asked the same thing i was going to about the magnets

but to answer your question pardalis, yes the modified motor is awesome with a s2 armature in it, i have one in my custom avalanche x-truck and its most likely the fastest xmod i have (i havnt really tested it) the only problem you run into is that the radline motor can is a little longer than an xmods 130 can (why...im not sure) so you may run into fitment issues in a car, i dont know i havnt tried it yet

2wdpancar
02-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Does anyone have a picture of this can?
So much talk about it...makes me wonder...
:)

noturday
02-15-2008, 09:52 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/noturday/xmods%20trucks/DSC05348.jpg
best pic i have of mine, installed in my x-truck

Donziikid
02-15-2008, 09:53 PM
So, it's basically an atomic can.

Who is this distributed by? Radline? AtomicMods? Someone else...? :lol:

suicide_star
02-15-2008, 09:54 PM
heres a pic of one...the modified motor has a different can from the 3 pack.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/radlinemotor.jpg

eh crap, tiny pic

stangdude94
02-15-2008, 10:04 PM
ok if its got 27000 rpm i would not

cuz thats just stock

suicide_star
02-15-2008, 10:06 PM
ok if its got 27000 rpm i would not

cuz thats just stock

its got 27K rpm, but massive amounts of torque...you can swap out your arm with a pnracing or S2 arm and achieve more rpms (or custom wind one) ...but for the money, that's a nice shell.

Sweed
02-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Are neodynium (SP?) magnets better than neo ferite?

Depends on the application. The Neo's provide more torque, but cuase the current draw to jump up, and they prevent it from spinning as fast at high RPM. But it provides good power...

With the Ferite's, they pull less, so they're is less attraction at high speed. It will have less torque, but it can 'rev' higher becuase it has less resistance. The resistance is the magnets pulling on the armeture. You have to remember that they stay active slightly after they loose power. Imagine valve float from a four-stroke.

Most engine builders that build high speed beasts (PerformanceXmods and MoeBrown) use Silver Brushes with Open-Endbell/Vented-Cans, and Iso Ferite Magnets...

Helpful?

suicide_star
02-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Depends on the application. The Neo's provide more torque, but cuase the current draw to jump up, and they prevent it from spinning as fast at high RPM. But it provides good power...

With the Ferite's, they pull less, so they're is less attraction at high speed. It will have less torque, but it can 'rev' higher becuase it has less resistance. The resistance is the magnets pulling on the armeture. You have to remember that they stay active slightly after they loose power. Imagine valve float from a four-stroke.

Most engine builders that build high speed beasts (PerformanceXmods and MoeBrown) use Silver Brushes with Open-Endbell/Vented-Cans, and Iso Ferite Magnets...

Helpful?

very, thanks for the info sweed :)

Pardalis
02-16-2008, 12:53 AM
"but for the money, that's a nice shell."

My thoughts exactly, throw in an S2 arm and you have a pretty decent motor for $20!!!

"Helpful?"

yes, thanks Sweed.

noturday
02-16-2008, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=Sweed;141598]With the Ferite's, they pull less, so they're is less attraction at high speed. It will have less torque, but it can 'rev' higher becuase it has less resistance. The resistance is the magnets pulling on the armeture.QUOTE]

ok, so are neo-ferrite stronger than iso-ferrite?

Lowrideit
02-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Okay Im in a coumplete misunderstanding, Isnt a 'Radline' a type of R/c car?
Not postitive cause I thought I seen somthing like that somewhere, But I could be wrong.

Pardalis
02-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Yes, it is a type of mini off road RC. They have motor upgrades that you can buy to modify your car just like an xmods.

GP

Lowrideit
02-16-2008, 10:09 PM
mmmm, Thanks for that Pardalis, Im acutally gonna look into one of these motors I think!
Thanks again!

2wdpancar
02-16-2008, 10:57 PM

Helpful?

I thought the top motors like the Silver Bullet and the X2/X2LSP used Carbon brushes, and neo mags?

I read in CreativeSN's sticky on XMW, silver is weaker than carbon, and it melts at high temps..so that's why the crazy-high motors use carbon...
As for neos and iso's, the Silver Bullit, Silver Core, X2, and X2LSP all use neo mags, not too many hot motors used iso amgs, the Team MNM IDR used them, but that's 26T.

I am not so sure on what MoeBrown has used in the past, but I do remember that the Silver Core Modified does use a silver FAT comm.

Maybe if someone wants a crazy amount of torque, they can use this setup:

-Neo Mags
-Radline can(BB)
-Silver Brushes
-Gen1/EVO s1 armature
-Silver FAT comm/Copper FAT comm.

The FAT comms are bigger, they give off more torque, again used in PX/MNM motors..:)

aquaman
02-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I've been running the Radline can with a s2 arm in it for several months. Its not bad. I can't tell much if any difference in performance. I do like the idea of the endbell being open, so thats my main reason for keeping it in the car.