PDA

View Full Version : Bypass and Lith's??

Lowrideit
02-13-2008, 07:53 PM
So, I was reading up on a bypass switch upgrade, when You solder the pegs,
What does it really, Like is there a noticable differance.

And also I was looking into Lith's, is there a big gain between 6th cell and liths, Like what kinda gain, alot, alittle?

Thanks

jimmythekid1
02-13-2008, 07:56 PM
the only gain is that you don't have to worry about the switch over heating and hurting performance. If you do the bypass you have to remember to unplug your batteries when done playing. If your car cuts out sometimes or is glitchy it could be the switch causing your troubles.

Donziikid
02-13-2008, 07:56 PM
It does exactly what the name says it does, bypass the off/on switch making it so when you batteries are in the tray it's powered and ready to go. It's mainly for people using Lithium-Chemistry batteries.

There's quite a large gain in run time and possibly a slight gain in performance speed wise over a six-cell with Lithium-Ion; it would be even larger of a gain with Lithium-Polymer batteries. There's a major gain in performance speed wise over a stock four-cell with both Lithium Polymer and Lithium Ion batteries. Plus, it's a lot lighter, even lighter than a stock four-cell NiMH.

2wdpancar
02-13-2008, 07:57 PM
You should do the bypass with lithiums.
Do doubt.
Li-ions are lighter, and they put out a lot more amps.
The voltage is the same, but the weight of Li-ions if half the weight ofa 6S.

Well, you can go lipo, lightest of all, highest drain/discharge rates, higher mAh(longer runtimes) and faster than li-ions.

NiMh-ok
Li-ions-Pretty good(drifting, racing)
LiPo-all-out racing.:)

Lowrideit
02-13-2008, 07:58 PM
mhmm, I might be looking into some Liths sometime, I might pass on the Bypass.

jimmythekid1
02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
I thought you were just asking about the bypass lol.

well as the other said you can't go wrong with liths, looks around thier are hundreds of post threads ect.. to back that up.

bondo
02-13-2008, 08:09 PM
the bypass is aimed at the fact that the prongs(leads) of the switch restrict current.
the thickness of the leads on the switch are less then the AWG resulting in a lesser current flow.

2wdpancar
02-13-2008, 10:38 PM
the bypass is aimed at the fact that the prongs(leads) of the switch restrict current.
the thickness of the leads on the switch are less then the AWG resulting in a lesser current flow.

When you say AWG, I take that you are talking about the AWG size of the wires used, right?

Pardalis
02-14-2008, 01:32 AM
As stated above, you may have to do the bypass if running liths. I had to after five minutes of running on Li-Po's, they fried the power switch. If your looking for all out speed then Li-po all the way. No matter what liths you end up with spend the money on a good charger!!!

GP

superinfinity
02-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Li-pos are the best performancewise but they are also the most dangerous. I use Li-ions, which are less dangerous becasuse they have a metal shell (Cyndrilical ones). NiMh are the safest and slowest. Just remember, the better the battery in xmods, usually the more dangerous it gets.

Lowrideit
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Well thanks guys, this really showed me more about the Bypass and liths, Thanks alot!