PDA

View Full Version : How to make a Xmods drift video.

taiwanesekid05
02-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Perfect example of a wonderful drifting video.

How to make a Xmods drift video

It's got everything you need to know.

meme405
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
that first scion TC drift was horrible it wasnt smooth at all you kinda slid then stopped and accelerated...the rest wasnt bad, the comments were funny.

Donziikid
02-12-2008, 08:14 PM
I'll admit, I literally LOLd. :lol:

Meme405, I believe the whole point was to make fun of people who make videos such as that. Sadly, most of them are like that and Chinesekid05 is correct. :lol:

[Edit]
Commented on YouTube. :)

ling427ttvette
02-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah, that video is exactly what most videos are.. AND THAT SONG IS IN ALL OF THEM.

God I hate that song.

xmodificationer
02-12-2008, 09:55 PM
omg thats soo funny lol

whats with the WTF thing at the end. I lmao'd at that.

Rodderz
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
hahaha awesome video. And yeah, why is that song in EVERY video? That song is so stupid I can't stand it xD. WIXKED SICK!!111!!!1!1! lol.

taiwanesekid05
02-12-2008, 10:00 PM
omg thats soo funny lol

whats with the WTF thing at the end. I lmao'd at that.

Why it's Bunchies!

http://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/

Everyone loves that... um... thing.

texan_idiot25
02-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Lol.. please, never delete any retarded comments this video will bring in. They'll make for good laughs.

I love all the "LOL your xmod sukz" on the self labeled tests of my S10.

taiwanesekid05
02-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Lol.. please, never delete any retarded comments this video will bring in. They'll make for good laughs.

I love all the "LOL your xmod sukz" on the self labeled tests of my S10.

I bet you get a lot of comments saying:

"deyamn yous gotsa slow xmods! mah supuara wif a s1 motor an a 3 cell mod would whohoup yo xmods! It goez like hella fast lyke 684 mph o sumthin"

texan_idiot25
02-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I have gotten slow, I have gotten "you need to lock ur diffs", when as seen in the video, the axle broke. I have gotten haters with the screen name of 50cent. Some try and compare xmods to large scales. It's hilarious.

taiwanesekid05
02-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Comparing an Xmods to a real car, that's real genius.

snowboi1289
02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
nice tut. for a good drifting video,but you got 1 thing wrong,THE SONG,I cant tell you how many times i have heard that song,I hate it,sry..

taiwanesekid05
02-12-2008, 11:51 PM
But that's what makes every drifting video great!

RallyWRX
02-13-2008, 01:07 AM
That was awesome funny. A perfect recreation of a youtube xmods drift video. I caught the sarcasm. Good stuff. Has anyone ever seen a good one? Well, whoever did that 360 was good, was that on here? I think it was on another miniRC site. Anyone remember the 360?

2wdpancar
02-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Haha that's good.
Texan, I get so muc hate on my videos...from this devenhester guy..claims to have a 210k rpm motor...same as xmod kidd 33 who called me a n****r on my file.
Little brat.:roll: :mad:

taiwanesekid05
02-13-2008, 01:24 AM
Is xmodkidd33 the same person as xmodskid on YouTube?... That xmodskid came back as devinhester1 then 2x8stackedfets then 2x6stackedfets... That kid's a psychopath.

Huh, I just noticed devinhester1 heckeled me on my own video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_myD6I6558M

greenday
02-13-2008, 06:16 AM
That was so true and funny I couldn't bear but to watch it more than once! And that god awful song! I here it all to much! lol....so funny!:D :D :eyecraz: :eyecraz:

CUSTOM
02-14-2008, 11:47 PM
lol.... nice vid. Thanks for explaining to everyone to set their fonts to something legible... lol.

Ducroix
02-15-2008, 02:38 PM
very funny video

taiwanesekid05
02-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Update... Ish:

I've taken my own advice and made the worst Xmods drifting video on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qprzPm9Wb9I

Ducroix
02-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Lol again very funny, I cant stand that song though lol

Titantaw12
03-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Pretty funny. I like that green neon!!!:lol:

Spade
03-09-2008, 08:32 PM
donuts is not drifting, put down the crack pipe.

due to the force acting on such a small car and its large almost uncontrollable acceleration, real drifting is almost impossible with RC's. if you go out on a cool day on a roller hockey rink its possible on low. I say cool day cause that way your tires are not gripping the road, I was using foams.

taiwanesekid05
03-09-2008, 09:03 PM

due to the force acting on such a small car and its large almost uncontrollable acceleration, real drifting is almost impossible with RC's. if you go out on a cool day on a roller hockey rink its possible on low. I say cool day cause that way your tires are not gripping the road, I was using foams.

I personally think doughnuts are kind of drifting, just not the ones where it spins in a small circle.

What do you mean by 'real' drifting?

bondo
03-09-2008, 09:28 PM

the video was made to be a spoof like the "how to be EMO" or "how to be a gangsta" viddies.

go talk to color0 and then come back and tell us that drifting RC is unrealistic.:bigwink:
i dont know about the rest of you but i drift well with AWD,foamies on hardwood.
perfectly controllable and it looks great.
my only problem with it is i can only stand sliding around on hardwood for so long.
after a bit i get bored and break out the 2' cardboard ramps.......

Spade
03-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I personally think doughnuts are kind of drifting, just not the ones where it spins in a small circle.

What do you mean by 'real' drifting?

countersteering in, or after a corner with wheelspin and lost traction from the REAR wheels. visit drift.com and refer Spade if you'd like. but RC cars, the AWD ones just slide on forever and the RWD ones usually spin out.

2wdpancar
03-09-2008, 10:47 PM
countersteering in, or after a corner with wheelspin and lost traction from the REAR wheels. visit drift.com and refer Spade if you'd like. but RC cars, the AWD ones just slide on forever and the RWD ones usually spin out.

Yeah if you have no skill and lazy, then that's why people use AWD.

I can RWD drift, just not for long....that was with a s1...and AAA's.

No way I could do that now.:lol:

taiwanesekid05
03-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah if you have no skill and lazy, then that's why people use AWD.

Like meh...
So far I'm just trying to perfect my AWD skills. I usually mess up a good drift.
color0's been looking at this for a while... Wonder why...

2wdpancar
03-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Like meh...
So far I'm just trying to perfect my AWD skills. I usually mess up a good drift.

Just don't gun it when you have it going good.
Keep your hand steady on the steering, smooth= perfection.

Jerking the controller quickly doesn't get you anywhere.

taiwanesekid05
03-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Just don't gun it when you have it going good.
Keep your hand steady on the steering, smooth= perfection.

Jerking the controller quickly doesn't get you anywhere.

I watched a video somewhere that teaches how to drift with larger scale cars, so I've been using the techniques there to learn how. It's just that my kitchen floor is a bit too small for those techniques...

I've been playing with the throttle a bit while drifting now, releasing it, gunning it, but never inbetween.

dontspamme
03-09-2008, 11:49 PM
my only problem with it is i can only stand sliding around on hardwood for so long.
after a bit i get bored and break out the 2' cardboard ramps.......

:lol: That made my night.

Pretty good video. Covers what upgrades you need to get drifting at beginner level. Second video is well, just werid. If your gonna do that, make the donuts in one place :lol:

taiwanesekid05
03-09-2008, 11:50 PM
:lol: That made my night.

Pretty good video. Covers what upgrades you need to get drifting at beginner level. Second video is well, just werid. If your gonna do that, make the donuts in one place :lol:

It's a 30 or so second clip played over and over again. If you notice, the camera shakes the same time around every thirty seconds.

muscle-freak
03-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Well i've seen that but the drift after you get out of the donuts, that looks nice.

especially in front of the camera. (before he shakes again)