PDA

View Full Version : Hobby grade crawler!

_NICO_
02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u198/****_soup/pewp006.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u198/****_soup/pewp008.jpg

I'll post up some more detailed pics when its finished.

c1v1c
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice project!

But i'll suggest you to find another steering setup to eliminate bumpsteer.

fieldfairy2
02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
This project looks really cool. Good idea with the servo underneath. Hope it turns out. WHat motor are you using?

Donziikid
02-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Very promising second post, _NICO_. :)

TheB1GDude
02-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Looking good dude!

Are those IROK tires?

Are you going to use another piece of plastic to cover the bottom of the chassis? Otherwise I can see that servo being ripped off whilst you are crawling! :)

_NICO_
02-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Nice project!

But i'll suggest you to find another steering setup to eliminate bumpsteer.

I glued the arms in place and made mini-z style springs.

This project looks really cool. Good idea with the servo underneath. Hope it turns out. WHat motor are you using?

Stage one with neo magnets.

Looking good dude!

Are those IROK tires?

Are you going to use another piece of plastic to cover the bottom of the chassis? Otherwise I can see that servo being ripped off whilst you are crawling! :)

They're Iroks. I don't really need the plastic, the massive size of the tires sorta protects it.

fieldfairy2
02-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Ok that clears up a few questions.

It would help you in the future to put a cover on the bottom to protect the servo. If you are going for a hardcore crawler. Iroks arn't the best to use and using a servo mod, gearbox or a radline motor will help too.(something with more torque. Otherwise it is looking good. I am just throwing out my opinion's not to hurt your feelings or hurt you because you modified the car already.

_NICO_
02-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Ok that clears up a few questions.

It would help you in the future to put a cover on the bottom to protect the servo. If you are going for a hardcore crawler. Iroks arn't the best to use and using a servo mod, gearbox or a radline motor will help too.(something with more torque. Otherwise it is looking good. I am just throwing out my opinion's not to hurt your feelings or hurt you because you modified the car already.

Yea, im doing the servo mod. Neos were just a temporary solution,

mudslinger
02-12-2008, 08:02 PM
well actually i found a way to make the iroks not so slick...but i ruined one of my set trying to mount my rims so ima way on my boggers and do it right this time...
i put some of this silicone crap i used on my 1:1 titan for the headlights and its tacky and makes a rubber grip for the outside of the iroks..

texan_idiot25
02-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Very sweet, welcome to XMS. I can pull up a few crawler projects if your interested in research.