PDA

View Full Version : XMS Revival

suicide_star
02-07-2008, 09:39 PM
before i begin, if you have any negative comments, please keep them to yourself.

recently bondo was made admin over the site, which is a great spark of hope for reviving this place. people are running around pointing fingers trying to slap blame on others, but what happened was due to the hack. this place was in line and running alright until it was hacked then it took a downfall. now, we have staff planning improvements to make this place better, trying to get people more active and myself and some other people are going to become more active XMS members to help new members and try to keep this place more vibrant and informative. i noticed all the threads going up about how this place has lost hope, it really hasn't. in fact, i'm sure that it'll be back on its feet soon, but sour attitudes won't help anything. lets face it, we all come here because we love xmods and talking about that, and also to discuss other things with people we've became friends with across the forum. there's no "revolution" going on, we're just trying to get back what we had before all the BS...a very active, very informative forum full of helpful and respectful members. but everybody, please...keep your negative comments to yourself, it gives new members the wrong impression of the site, and getting this place back to 100% is going to take everybody helping out and giving plenty of positive feedback. if you don't agree with something or have a problem with somebody, handle it through PM's, it's more professional and keeps this place cleaner.

AJB32690
02-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Amen to that. Ive been trying to help out some new members, and Ive gotten a lot more active. (Id been a member for a while, but only had like, 5 posts) I love this site, and Im all for trying to revive it. Im trying to do my part, now lets get everyone else to start doing theirs!

taiwanesekid05
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
This site surely is just getting back on it's feet. It's comming back into the race. When I first joined, there were less spammers, but there were less people joining in the first place. The only Xmods site I can think that is dying is XMW. I only stopped going there because of the Trojan (which I believe is now gone). So don' worry mah peeps.

REDisFASTER
02-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Excellent!

Keep the negative comments to yourselves, and please, READ the rules and UNDERSTAND them! The moderating team isn't going to be as giving as before.

Here are quick links to some things you should... or should I say, HAVE to read:
XMS Forum Rules (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?p=70724#post70724)
Off-Topic Rules (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7816)
B/S/T Rules (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502)
FAQ (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7002)
How to SEARCH! (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7019)

2wdpancar
02-07-2008, 11:42 PM
This site surely is just getting back on it's feet. It's comming back into the race. When I first joined, there were less spammers, but there were less people joining in the first place. The only Xmods site I can think that is dying is XMW. I only stopped going there because of the Trojan (which I believe is now gone). So don' worry mah peeps.

Dude that place has been dead for nearly half a year now:lol:
I loved that place:cry:
O well, suicide pointed out the obvious, Bondo as Admin= no spam/fighting.
Plus, half the mods barely sign in...:bigwink:

Donziikid
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Keep the negative comments to yourselves, and please, READ the rules and UNDERSTAND them! The moderating team isn't going to be as giving as before.

Some of those rules are hard to read and understand seeing as how some of them are pretty vague and scattered all over the forum. If they were easier to find and understand I'm sure many would be more willing to read them.

If it wasn't for the links you post everywhere and them being in some members signatures, I would never really find them among the other stickies/announcements in the various sub-forums.

stangdude94
02-08-2008, 12:08 PM
i got a question

i havent bin here very long but wat happened u said somthin bout a hack

and how this site wasnent verry good

if any one can help cealr thing up id be verry thank full

suicide_star
02-08-2008, 12:29 PM
i got a question

i havent bin here very long but wat happened u said somthin bout a hack

and how this site wasnent verry good

if any one can help cealr thing up id be verry thank full

this place was hacked by a some turkish hackers on 1-1-08, the site was doing well and was up to par until that happened. the reason for all the commotion was that the most recent database backup was somewhere in october, because of that some people that were banned for good reasons were unbanned, months of information was lost, and lots of people lost their post count, so they lost privelages across the forum. this discouraged a lot of people and to make matters worse, the administrators weren't as active as they needed to be to fix the problem. the information is straight on the site again and the mods did what they can to try and help this place out but unfortunately their powers across the boards are limited. sooo...in an attempt to remedy the entire situation, the site's owner made bondo, somebody most of us look up to in this hobby, an administrator and things are already starting to clear up.

stangdude94
02-08-2008, 02:26 PM
ok
that makes a little sence i think

its kind of hard to under stand

and uh i know who bondo is

Sweed
02-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Excellent!

Crap to Read:

You mean as forgiving?

imnotmikal
02-09-2008, 04:47 PM
I think he meant giving. As in leaniant. They aren't taking any crap.

Scionbeave
02-09-2008, 04:51 PM
i think its about time they made bondo an administrator this site will be doing better than it has before in no time.

fordman239
02-09-2008, 05:01 PM
i agree, me and bondo never got to being nice to each other, but you know wat? all that has changed. him becoming admin on this site is a definantly great thing, he knows how the forums are ran, and people change, im not always like i was, and you know that he is going to be watching me closly, im one of the few, but i respect that and i know why 2. people have no right pointing fingers and sayin who did wat, we all like xmods on here, i hope we do anyways, and we should all just get along. yeah, there are rules, which are somewat strict, but nothing that isnt going to be hard to follow. we discuss our xmods stuff on here, and that should be the extent of it, i dont get why people have to be jerks on here, and im not pointing my finger at anyone, i respect everyone on this forum, and i dont want that to change becuz someone has a beef with wat i did in the past. its called the past for a reason. i hope that everyone respects bondo as much as i do, he is a great person, for advice, tips, or watever, good luck bondo!

later,
fordman

taiwanesekid05
02-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm just saying, in my opinion, that we should take Supressor off the Moderator list. He hasn't been doing much moderating and acts like a noob in some ways... For example:

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10653&page=4

Supressor got into a fight with Texan and didn't bother to lock the thread himself but had to wait for DRFTKO to take over.

Calling a thread "retarded" when it really isn't but rather just asking for advice. Sort of...

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11694

He hasn't even really done any real Moderating since September. And it sort of seems like he's abusing his power... I hope he's not lurking anymore to see this...

suicide_star
02-09-2008, 06:01 PM
getting rid of supressor isnt going to make anything better and he has nothing to do with this thread really. that's not a realistic solution, it wont fix anything...the problem really never solely laid within the staff, it was in the members...but then the staff became the problem when they didn't have the resources to fix the problem. please, there's no need to point fingers from now on or single people out, there has been enough of that and all it does is start more fights...thats why i wanted to keep opinions and suggestions positive in this thread. :nod:

fordman239
02-09-2008, 06:01 PM
^^^ that was a little uncalled for, no offense, but cant we just all get along? cant we all just stop acting like noobs and be nice to each other? we are all here 2 do 1 thing, talk about our xmods and watnot, not to fight with mods then pick on them, this is wat i mean, you bringin this up, forgive me if im rong, but this is the kinda things that start arguements and forum fights and people getting banned. its not right to "egg" each other on, instead, why dont you just try to solve the problem in a civilized manner through pm's. if people wouldnt act like noobs all the time, we wouldnt have this proble. everyone needs to worry about themselves, if you know somebody is acting like a jerk, dont call um out on it, ignore them, they will stop, instead, people need to continuously bring up old things that heppened in the past, and try to **** people off. so yeah, just worry about urself, and everything should be fine. this post was not to insult anyone, beleieve me, thats the last thing i want to do, but it is being stated that people need to grow up. im not completely innocent in this, me and civic guy, bondo, texan and sugeon, (and watever members i agrgued with/fought with over the last year or so on xmf and here) have had our share of forum battles, to the point where i hated all their guts, but im over it now, and i hope everyone else can just be normal and act their age. so yeah, i hope this post opens a few people's eyes, becuz god knows this forum needs help and bondo is gods gift to xms. just pleeze everyone, get along. we r not 5, or 6, or 9, we are all (for the most part) civilized young adults, and we should all start actig like them.

taiwanesekid05
02-09-2008, 06:05 PM
getting rid of supressor isnt going to make anything better and he has nothing to do with this thread really. that's not a realistic solution, it wont fix anything...the problem really never solely laid within the staff, it was in the members...but then the staff became the problem when they didn't have the resources to fix the problem. please, there's no need to point fingers from now on or single people out, there has been enough of that and all it does is start more fights...thats why i wanted to keep opinions and suggestions positive in this thread. :nod:

I only said this because we kind of need to sweep up the dust, you know... Sort of. Jonahasburgsashs was gotten rid of, and Supressor dosen't seem much of a moderator so why is he still one?

fordman239
02-09-2008, 06:08 PM
if he is never here then why does it matter? why does it matter, who cares if he has a moderator title, if he aint doin his job (i wouldnt know if he is or isnt, thats his biznezz) then he is just like you and me, regular members who fight with other members. just leave it alone man, its not a big deal.

suicide_star
02-09-2008, 06:58 PM
I only said this because we kind of need to sweep up the dust, you know... Sort of. Jonahasburgsashs was gotten rid of, and Supressor dosen't seem much of a moderator so why is he still one?

i understood your point, and i don't disagree...i was just saying that aside from not being a solution, he also isn't part of the problem that we had so he has nothing to do with it. its going to take a little time to get things sorted, nobody has the time to stay on XMS 24-7 and fix every little problem, dont worry though, everything is going to be taken care of and soon enough this forum will be awesome :) a great way to relay any ideas that may be somewhat controversial when posted is to simply pm them to an admin, it's just an easier way to get your point across without stuff getting stirred up. i'm glad we got a competition going again so some people can put their skills to the test and make some awesome projects again. as far as the future of xmods and their scarcity lately...i don't see why people don't just go all out on what they do have...tighten up that paintjob, throw a nice motor in and do something custom with the chassis...i know everybody has xmods that arent finished, take that bastard out of the closet, get it working and trick it out. i think something that would help this forum is getting the boards set up a bit more organized and it wouldnt be a bad idea to add a board for broken xmods that need parts so members can help eachother get their stuff running. people could post what they have that they dont mind parting with and other people could post what they need. and by NEED, i mean mostly stock parts, for example...dont bother people for a CF chassis or a Speedy05 lol...:lol:

fordman239
02-09-2008, 07:04 PM
yes, competetions are a great thing, its good that bondo is bringin them back, i remember on xmf that there was always a comp going on, and the cars that people submit are amazing, including bondo's. people have a problem with bragging about wat they have/dont have, and it makes people mad when they bring up old stuff sayin how things should/should not be. i guess it bothers me that people arent happy with xms, and the staff that abviosly does their best to keep this forum going, bondo is a huge role model on here, not only becuz of his work, but becuz of his advice and tips for us fellow xmodders.

bondo
02-09-2008, 07:21 PM
supressor was removed last night but unfortunately i forgot to remove his permissions so he tstill showed up as a moderator.
i know you guys all have ideas on what needs to be done and i assure you, were one step ahead of you.
there are alot of things planned it just takes time to execute them.

too add to what suicide star is saying, bring those old projects out and finish them,start new ones.
the biggest thing you guys can do to help right now is get active with the projects and give people something to talk about.
you should all know that i'm not one to make project threads but if it gets this site flowing again and gets everyone participating without arguing then i'm all for it.

now as for these kinds of threads, im going to close this one and leave on that note.
please dont start anymore threads like this unless you have a legitimate complaint/suggestion.

remember guys, if you want this to be a better site then it's up to all of us to contribute.
it doesnt matter if you have a staff position or your brand new to the site.
we all have responsibilities as community members.
it's up to you to recognize what those responsibilities are and follow through.

cheers,
Bondo