PDA

View Full Version : the future

frijol
01-30-2008, 02:17 PM
what does the future holds forus xmods lovers? I recently bought my first xmod hummer truck and got to tell you I'm static with it. I don,t know much about r/c cars or who to modify them but everyday after I come from work i get my hummer go out and have lots of fun for a couple hours. Talk about real R&R. I'm getting my hands on everything that I can for my truck and bassicly everthing xmod. I don't know what the future holds for us. Is radio shak making more xmods or it this dead. I tell you, it would really bite forme if there are no more up-grades to buy or starter kits , newtrucks or race car to look for. I just wish xmods don't away and instead they make newer better models. This are the kits i'm trying to get for hummer: off-road kit (30 bucks or more on ebay, very expensive for me) 4WD kit, lights kit, bearings, body kit, and some kind of suspension. :D

bondo
01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
id say that Xmods could have another 3-5 years before they finally died off.
but it all depends on the forums.
the future of Xmods has been determined by RS to be non-existant but in no way does that mean that xmods have to die for you,me or the forums.
there will always be ebay and vendors such as XI and Xmodded will still have a pretty good stock of starters and upgrdes for awhile to come.
if the forums go down though, their market dies.
the fate of Xmods is really up to us in the communities.
alot f people are getting out of them because their becoming more expensive due to Ebay claims of "rare". hell their all rare now.
alot of people are also just now getting into them and havnt done all of the insane conversion and modifications.
as long as theres something to talk about, the forums will stay open and vendors will have product with a reason to sell it.
take away the demand and there's no need for a supply.

even after xmods truly die off and i jump to something else, i'll still have some Xmods and parts simply because their great fun.

REDisFASTER
01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
I agree. 3-5 years, but in those years, you could probably count the 'serious' people who are really into it with one hand...

Of course, that doesn't mean people won't stop owning XMODS. The overall communities will be small/die off, but you know, there will always be someone with an XMOD on the shelf.

firebird999
01-30-2008, 05:05 PM
agreed. on the plus side, we can all keep ours until... forever, like red said, and even if they completely die, we always have other rc's, so it won't be too bad. also on the plus side, xmods will remain in the top 5 for centuries, we can always buy from ebay, and we never have to give any of them up.

Scionbeave
01-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I do wish they arent disconitinuing them becasue i got into them in july and the pices were okay for them and so i bought up a bunch of parts and now my local rs has all the parts i needed before but didnt have and now they do for cheap and i could get you a 4 wheel drive kit just pm me if you are interested.

REDisFASTER
01-30-2008, 07:58 PM
I do wish they arent disconitinuing them becasue i got into them in july and the pices were okay for them and so i bought up a bunch of parts and now my local rs has all the parts i needed before but didnt have and now they do for cheap and i could get you a 4 wheel drive kit just pm me if you are interested.

Scionbeave... This is the second time I've had to tell you... DO NOT make any offers... You don't even have 200 posts to be making any offers, as well, you don't even know the forum rules... I only see one punctuation mark in your post, which is the period at the end... To be honest, I read your post three times until I actually understood what you were trying to say. Please use punctuation next time, and STOP making offers on what you can sell/want to buy...

I want YOU to READ and UNDERSTAND ALL the RULES and GUIDELINES in this forum. The RULES and GUIDELINES are posted in my SIGNATURE.

Anymore violations from you and consequences will follow.

Thanks for your cooperation.

texan_idiot25
01-30-2008, 08:31 PM
^ Yay for moderation!

The future of xmods is solely dependant on the community. Mind you, take the Gen1s for example, they have been out for what, 4-5 years, and you still have a handful cutting them up, and building with them.

The only way for it to die, is for everyone to run out of imagination, or get too scared to touch the thing (rarity)..

Neither of which should stop you, these are cheap enough to go through a few (many chassis) on the pursuit to something interesting.

2wdpancar
01-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Xmods will die eventually.
I mean cmon they are a blast when you get em to go fast and they work.
I haven't had a running car for 4 months, just ordered my last few parts:nodno:
No matter how much money I dump into 'em, I keep doing hobby-grade conversions because I like working with my hands, taking things apart.
That's why Xmods will be aorund, if the consumers keep up their business, hopefully they will.
Xmods need to either die or get new chassis designs, I'm sick of the POS plastics and crappy wiring...:lol:

xmodsnut
01-31-2008, 03:04 AM
I took out a huge insurance policy and bought tons of extra parts because of just this situation. I offered to buy all the recalled transformer cars at cost from RS, so I would have parts for people and myself, but was denied. I go to ebay and see the outragious prices for parts and under cut them all the time. If put half this stuff on ebay and sold it it would net me a small fortune right now. I will never let my gen ones die as long as there is GPM and I keep my bearings and motors clean they will last.

frijol
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
thank you all for the kind words. This is true, as long as we keep the hobby alive in the forums and in our homes, our passion for this little cars will not die. I would love to have more cars and trucks (xmods) my-self but some circunstances (my wife) prevent me from buying all I would want to buy if I could. My H2 has been the only thing I could get from my birthay, and now I can only wish to have a suspension kit, a 4wd kit or even better a pontiac racer. That should be very nice.
I got to say thou, I'm so very happy with my stock H2 that even if I don't get to buy more cars or trucks or kits, I would have the greatest time with my H2 xmod evo truck.
thanks and take care
frijol

taiwanesekid05
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
What you can do is look online, find all the parts you need (plastic or GPM) and build an Xmods from the ground up. That way, you'll have an Xmods after they're sold out. As long as the GPM and stock plastic parts are still around...