PDA

View Full Version : An Extreme project...By BLT.

2wdpancar
01-26-2008, 10:09 PM
So, here it is.
I'm posting on XMS first cause of the activity level, and I can post links to XI competition w/o getting in trouble.
So, I am going to do a BL ge1n.
I am getting a rolling gen1 from Oramac, and it will be a Silver Supra.

He is going to sell me a rather stock one, and I will do a BL conversion.
Here are my bookmarks, the items I have so far, which I plan to soon purchase:

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Mamba-Competition-X-Package--8000Kv__12565.aspx
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=968

Then I'm buying gen1 gpm:
-Front cvd's
-Front knuckles
-shocks
-Rear shafts
-Center shaft holder

I purchased shielded bearings, and I plan to get an 18t pinion.
Viperdout set a new level of modding for me, so I want to give it a shot.
I will do a custom 4S LiPo pack, made by myself, with 10C cells and 500mAh.

Hopefully it should whoop my Losi XXX-S Brushless 10.5t .

I hope this comes out fast, so I can race my 1/10th Losi, with my dad:lol:

Thanks for Viewing,
BLT:nod:

xmodificationer
01-26-2008, 10:15 PM
kickass if this works

2wdpancar
01-26-2008, 10:32 PM
kickass if this works

I think it should work!
Hopefully my 4S LiPo's will be able to give it enough current, and it'll hit close to 60MPH.:nod:

fieldfairy2
01-27-2008, 03:10 PM
It is going to be soo awsome when it is done. The Supra definetly deserves 50+ mph. Hope it turns out.

RedSXmodder
01-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I tried it. Mine didn't work to well.

I highly reccomend buying the Mamba system elsewhere, and going with the 6800kv. The RPM and speed will still be there (these things are small enough the 5400kv will do enough) and you'll have the added torque, letting you use a bigger pinion.

As for the lipo, don't use a 4c. The 3c is plenty.

Lastly...er...lastly, paint your car bright orange so you can see it when it speeds out of vision...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Here's the link to my old project thread. You might find some useful stuff...
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5815&highlight=XC2f60

2wdpancar
01-27-2008, 04:50 PM
It is going to be soo awsome when it is done. The Supra definetly deserves 50+ mph. Hope it turns out.

Thanks...

I tried it. Mine didn't work to well.

I highly reccomend buying the Mamba system elsewhere, and going with the 6800kv. The RPM and speed will still be there (these things are small enough the 5400kv will do enough) and you'll have the added torque, letting you use a bigger pinion.

As for the lipo, don't use a 4c. The 3c is plenty.

Lastly...er...lastly, paint your car bright orange so you can see it when it speeds out of vision...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Here's the link to my old project thread. You might find some useful stuff...
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5815&highlight=XC2f60

Thanks for the link, just bookmarked it:bigwink:
Also, where else should I get the mamba, is there a major difference?
I don't mind spending an extra 20 bucks thru AM, they get me my stuff quickly.

EDIT:
Can I just run a 4S in a 2s2p?
So it would be a 2000mAh pack, @ 7.4v?
Or should I just wire 3 cells, to be 11.1v?

texan_idiot25
01-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Search on XMW, for CowboySiR's GTo. The goat. It was lookin' sweet, but he eventually dropped the project.

Think Jashwaa(?) also was a master of BL.

2wdpancar
01-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Search on XMW, for CowboySiR's GTo. The goat. It was lookin' sweet, but he eventually dropped the project.

Think Jashwaa(?) also was a master of BL.

Yeah, I saw Cowboy's, and was like...OMFG!!
I gotta do that..!!!!!!!!!!
So, I decided to...

I thought he finished it...was there something he missed?
It looked complete to me...he said he just did it for the hell of it...:cool:

Jashwaa was one of Viper's buds, right?

c1v1c
01-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Anyway Good luck sounds like a cool project buddy!

I might try it but with the 1:36 xcelorin BL

I think cowboy did finished it But the gen1 couldnt handle it.

REDisFASTER
01-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Would love to see a BL Gen1! I think the last BL Gen1 project we had going on was either Sweed, RedSX, or Viperdout...

Good lick with the project!

2wdpancar
01-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Anyway Good luck sounds like a cool project buddy!

I might try it but with the 1:36 xcelorin BL

I think cowboy did finished it But the gen1 couldnt handle it.

Lol, thanks man.
Yeah, the xcelorin might be worth a try, DO IT IN AN EVO!!
If it's in an evo, you can easily mount it...plus then putty the rest of the MM in...you'll be set!

Yeah, I just read the whole thread..:lol: :bigwink:

Would love to see a BL Gen1! I think the last BL Gen1 project we had going on was either Sweed, RedSX, or Viperdout...

Good lick with the project!

I thought it was REDsx, but Viperdout did one aswell.....
Thanks man!
Hopefully it's turn out nice...

RedSXmodder
01-27-2008, 05:11 PM
JSHWAA was an AM guy. He just did 4 lith cells. Not brushless.

I got mine on All e Rc for like $109, and the shipping was just fine, however, its out of buisness now, if I'm not mistaken. I think Tower hobbies might have it a lil cheaper...

If you wire it in a 4 cell 2s2p setup, you'd be sittin good, longer run times, without the insanity of an 11.1v setup, lol...

Later,
RedSXmodder

2wdpancar
01-27-2008, 05:14 PM
JSHWAA was an AM guy. He just did 4 lith cells. Not brushless.

I got mine on All e Rc for like $109, and the shipping was just fine, however, its out of buisness now, if I'm not mistaken. I think Tower hobbies might have it a lil cheaper...

If you wire it in a 4 cell 2s2p setup, you'd be sittin good, longer run times, without the insanity of an 11.1v setup, lol...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Jshwaa...wait was that the guy with the 4s li-ion...the one "Breaking 40mph"...retards....

Thanks, I'll check T.H. right now.
Yeah, the run times and power should still be fine.
I don't want the LiPo's blowing up on me now...:cry:

REDSX:
I found it on T.H., 15 bucks cheaper.
Shipping costs 5-7, so it's saving me like what 5 bucks, lol.
I'll just get it thru AM, I have to buy some more things from them...possibly...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJFY5&P=ML

RedSXmodder
01-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Hmmm, I though't it'd be cheaper, lol.

Good luck to you mate, I can personally guartantee you this'll not be easy, lol....

Later,
RedSXmodder

2wdpancar
01-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Hmmm, I though't it'd be cheaper, lol.

Good luck to you mate, I can personally guartantee you this'll not be easy, lol....

Later,
RedSXmodder

For reals, it's atomic mods, lol.
They have some good prices on certain things...li-ion packs...but I can make my own...
They over charge on the GPM, you notice it's like 5 bucks more than RCX?:lol:

Yeah, this won't be as easy as fitting a MC-T board into an xmod..
Any ideas on how to mount the ESC?
I was thinking of mounting the brushless, then, with the extra space, build a small little platform behind the motor, like a "Top Deck".
Then just stick-tape everything on...
I have to get a smaller receiver this time, lol.:eyecraz:
Thanks again man.:)

Blackevo01titan
01-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Really cool. I hope it turns out good, and I cant wait to see the finished project.

You will need to try to post a vid when you finish.

Good luck, I hope it turns out great.
---Blackevo---

2wdpancar
01-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Really cool. I hope it turns out good, and I cant wait to see the finished project.

You will need to try to post a vid when you finish.

Good luck, I hope it turns out great.
---Blackevo---

Thanks man.
No doubt there's going to be a vid, for all my cars there will be one..:nod:

Most_Wanted
01-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Here's a couple links to the cheapest place to buy the Mamba.

Comp X (http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=da_%23mamba8000combo)

Comp (http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=c_%23mamba6800combo)

Sweed
01-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Jshwaa...wait was that the guy with the 4s li-ion...the one "Breaking 40mph"...retards....

Someone break out the NOOB STICK, cuase this one needs a beating.

JSHWAA built a 4s Li-ion car, did alot including find the fix for the Range Repair thing, and he didn't do the 40mph car. It was a tie between XmodSpeed, him, and Team MNM. 40mph is fast, and it's not cheap. All this was before GPM Parts were available, by the way.

-------------------------------------------

Anyways, I would save the Xleron for the Evo's, and go Mamba (or bigger) with the Gen1. Go for something with very high kv. 10,000kv+ is better for high speed, but will need to be geared better.

-------------------------------------------

The Xmods are fairly light cars and have fairly light drivelines. Problem is you will constantly shred gears if they aren't perfectly meshed, and it will heat up. Another problem is making the chassis stand up to it, and survive a crash.

Also, were are you gonna put the batteries, and you need to make an adjustable steering rack. You also need to make the weight at all four wheel roughly the same, or making it the same for each side. Otherwise it will move to one side.

You may also have the problem of 'torque steer', were it moves to one side naturally, thanks to the inertia of the driveshaft and the motor's rotor. This can be fixed with a few weights or gearing the motor so that it spins in the opposite direction of the driveshaft. You can further counter the problem by making the driveshaft the same weight as the motor's rotor weight.

Hm.. What else? Lock the diffrentials to make sure it goes straight, superglue the slicks to the wheels, and consider finding foams and making homemade VHT Traction Compount. Also invest in a high quality radio, you want lots of low-end throttle control.

Most_Wanted
01-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Anyways, I would save the Xleron for the Evo's, and go Mamba (or bigger) with the Gen1. Go for something with very high kv. 10,000kv+ is better for high speed, but will need to be geared better.

I'm pretty sure there isn't any 1/18th scale brushless motors that are 10,000kv+. I think the highest is the new Xcelorin at 9400kv, I could be wrong because I'm not 100% positive about that.

texan_idiot25
01-27-2008, 07:42 PM
He did more then the 4 li-on cells, but if you can get past the 1st page of posts, more power to ya: http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=search&search_author=Jshwaa68

I can't find the build thread he had for a brushless car.

2wdpancar
01-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Sweed, I get what your saying, thanks man.
The retard thing, that's my bad, I wasn't aiming it at you.:nodno:

Most_Wanted, I have a 10250kv BL motor for the micro-t...never saw the 9000kv one...

Thanks Texan for digging that up, I'll have to look through his posts this weekend..
Thanks guys:)

Stampedekid
01-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Sweed, I get what your saying, thanks man.
The retard thing, that's my bad, I wasn't aiming it at you.:nodno:

Most_Wanted, I have a 10250kv BL motor for the micro-t...never saw the 9000kv one...

Thanks Texan for digging that up, I'll have to look through his posts this weekend..
Thanks guys:)

I like this idea! :nod: How do you like the BL system in the micro? :-?

2wdpancar
01-28-2008, 04:52 PM
I like this idea! :nod: How do you like the BL system in the micro? :-?

I haven't tried it out yet, I need to still get my lipos in...and get my steering horn fixed up...

Sweed
01-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Hm.....

I've been thinking, have you thought of running two MC-T Sized ones and gearing them together like Pro-Z did. You can get much higher Kv if you do that...

2wdpancar
01-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Hm.....

I've been thinking, have you thought of running two MC-T Sized ones and gearing them together like Pro-Z did. You can get much higher Kv if you do that...

yeah, but here's the thing..
I have to figure out a method for it to mesh, that would be a bit ofa problem....
I could mount the motor's crooked on the sides on the inside chassis, with big pinions, so they could mesh with the bevel gear!

Like imagine if you were looking at the chassis, two motors lined like:

/ O \
motor, bevel, 2nd motor.

Stampedekid
01-28-2008, 05:21 PM
yeah, but here's the thing..
I have to figure out a method for it to mesh, that would be a bit ofa problem....
I could mount the motor's crooked on the sides on the inside chassis, with big pinions, so they could mesh with the bevel gear!

Like imagine if you were looking at the chassis, two motors lined like:

/ O \
motor, bevel, 2nd motor.

Just mount it like dual Pro Pulse motors. Texan, pictures of your PP motor gear mesh would be appreciated again.

EDIT: Found it, look down at the pics. BTW, this is TexanIdiot25's
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10713

2wdpancar
01-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Just mount it like dual Pro Pulse motors. Texan, pictures of your PP motor gear mesh would be appreciated again.

Yeah, I would have to bend some aluminum strips to be bottom heatsinks, and solder on some standoffs from RS to the bottom, so it stays in place...

Stampedekid
01-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I would have to bend some aluminum strips to be bottom heatsinks, and solder on some standoffs from RS to the bottom, so it stays in place...

Did you see, that I edited it to add the thread? Why not heat sinks all around the motor? That wold work too right. Eh, I can't spell, keep on having to go back:lol:.

2wdpancar
01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, Ive seen his thread before aswell.
That's what I meant, i didn't type it, a small heatsink around the motor held off a standoff...:bigwink:

Sweed
01-28-2008, 08:17 PM
You could extend the chassis a bit.... And then put the motors flat (don't know how big a Mamba is..) against the chassis. Who says they need to mesh to the bevel gear? They can mesh to a seperate gear... Like you can actually flip them to have front weight bias..

I've been thinking of doing it with a Mini-Z AWD Chassis, just never got around to pirating SolidWorks..

c1v1c
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Since we've heard about viperdout bl xmods, I've decided to look for it.
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2647

2wdpancar
01-28-2008, 08:50 PM
He used the Mini-X stuff......:uhoh:
Yeah, I plan to get a nice futaba receiver and such, the only thing if the motor mount, I have a chassis commin my way from someone off of XMF, I'll tell you guys this.
It's all aluminum, not GPM, the base chassis.
The middle is going to be flat, with slits cut in the rear, for looks.
:D It should rock!

2wdpancar
01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
SO, got great news PEOPLE.
I did well on my report card, half A's half B's...my dad just ordered me the Competition X.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAMBA-COMPETITION-X-8000-KV-BRUSHLESS-COMBO-MINI-LST2_W0QQitemZ290202033959QQihZ019QQcategoryZ44028 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's it, the one I just bought!!
I am so happy, just need my LiPo cells, 18t pinion, chassis from reaper, car from oramac, front cvd/ knuckles, and rear cup joints, and then assembly.
Then, I'll have to buy a hobby-grade servo.
Prob an HS-55, then I need to get the Futbaba TX and receiver.

texan_idiot25
01-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Here is CowboySiR's brushless GTO: http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21392&highlight=brushless+gto+goat

I'm tryin' to find JSHWAA's car.

GEN1 or EVO based? Dunno if I read that.

2wdpancar
01-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Here is CowboySiR's brushless GTO: http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21392&highlight=brushless+gto+goat

I'm tryin' to find JSHWAA's car.

GEN1 or EVO based? Dunno if I read that.

Lol, Texan I beat you to the goat!:lol:
I bookmarked Viper's and CowBoy's, thanks man for being there though, it really is appreciated.:)

Jshwaa was pretty sick, I looked thru his posts, it's all good I'll find it man, no need.

Gen1 fo sho, this would be nuts in an EVO!:lol:
Although, It might not be a bad idea, they do make delrin gears...maybe I'll do a brushless EVO w/ a Horizon/ Xc I forgot the spelling, and a Futaba :D

texan_idiot25
01-29-2008, 12:31 AM
There is only a tiny handful of custom chassis EVOs that I know of. It wasn't a popular platform to work with, to say the least. I know GSR had a few custom evo's.

It would be nice for the parts, but I believe gen1's once had full GPM drivetrains. :o

2wdpancar
01-29-2008, 12:42 AM
There is only a tiny handful of custom chassis EVOs that I know of. It wasn't a popular platform to work with, to say the least. I know GSR had a few custom evo's.

It would be nice for the parts, but I believe gen1's once had full GPM drivetrains. :o

Which gen1's?
Full GPM driveline?
Umm can't you jsut buy that online..?
I'm confused!!:nodno: lol.

I think I might do a EVO BL with that Horizon, but the 8000 kv one.
These motor are small and perfect for the EVO, make a custom putty holder, and mest the gears properly!!
Plus, it only costs 50 bucks, not 120!!
Then parts aren't as expensive..etc...:bigwink:
I think I'll have to do that for sure, but I might need to sell some of my other Xmods to do so...NOOOOO.:mad: :lol:

color0
01-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Jshwaa played with brushless but an electrical fire due to outside causes scrapped his work. So I don't think he ever put a BL Xmod on the ground.
Viperdout, however, got his Mamba Xmod running, and melted spur gears along the way. I clearly remember sending him my 2nd-to-last Gen 1 spur, lol...
Cowboy's Goat was technically a side project. Cool though, I too wish he hadn't taken it apart.
Brickmodder, not a GSR member but had one of the first BL Xmods. He designed and made his own PCB to convert Xmod signals to a BL ESC.
Clint is the last person I know of with a BL Gen 1. I never saw it run but its specs were similar to viper's.
RCButler evidently built the first BL Evo, but everyone hated him already so this didn't go in the record books.

Now that we've covered the more prominent BL Xmods. BLT, I would've strongly recommended that you stick to the Xcelorin setup, but now that you've gone Mamba... good luck. :)

Try a Futaba servo, my Hitec HS-50 is already a bit sloppy...

Tex- GPM makes a full Evo drivetrain. Diffs, carbon shaft, gears, CVDs, whatnot. The Gen 1's got shortchanged a bit unfortunately.

2wdpancar
01-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Jshwaa played with brushless but an electrical fire due to outside causes scrapped his work. So I don't think he ever put a BL Xmod on the ground.
Viperdout, however, got his Mamba Xmod running, and melted spur gears along the way. I clearly remember sending him my 2nd-to-last Gen 1 spur, lol...
Cowboy's Goat was technically a side project. Cool though, I too wish he hadn't taken it apart.
Brickmodder, not a GSR member but had one of the first BL Xmods. He designed and made his own PCB to convert Xmod signals to a BL ESC.
Clint is the last person I know of with a BL Gen 1. I never saw it run but its specs were similar to viper's.
RCButler evidently built the first BL Evo, but everyone hated him already so this didn't go in the record books.

Now that we've covered the more prominent BL Xmods. BLT, I would've strongly recommended that you stick to the Xcelorin setup, but now that you've gone Mamba... good luck. :)

Try a Futaba servo, my Hitec HS-50 is already a bit sloppy...

Tex- GPM makes a full Evo drivetrain. Diffs, carbon shaft, gears, CVDs, whatnot. The Gen 1's got shortchanged a bit unfortunately.
Lol, I wanna do something more tricky!!:nod:
Well, In the mere future I might do an Xcelorin 10000kv motor and esc setup, in an EVO.:o
I'm debating to do that, or to go with the MC-T board...:roll_eye:

Anyways..I'll figure it all out, maybe I can get someone on XMF to make me a metal bevel gear, if he has enough skills.
I'm sure you can, it would just be time-consuming.......
Gah, I'm out for the night guys.
Too much on my mind right now, lol..I'll come back on the weekend, I gotta study during the week...:)
Peace, and thanks Color0!:)

xmodificationer
01-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Hm.....

dude thats what i freaking said, i said use 2 micro-t BL's

2wdpancar
01-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Good news!!
My dad told me that he received an email from HopMeUp, and the Motor and ESC ALREADY SHIPPED!!
I'm happy, this project won't take so long, just the motor mount might be a killer, I'll get my ways.:D

texan_idiot25
01-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Also, good chance you'll need one of these:
http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50260089/Fire_Extinguisher.jpg

Back in the day, thought Gen1's had full alloy gears too. It's been too long.. haven't seen a built gen1 in for ever.. :lol:

2wdpancar
01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, lol.
Hopefully I can make the LiPo pack OK, I've done em before, 2 times, they work...
Hmm...I'll get round to it sooner or later, just gotta get plans...:bigwink:

2wdpancar
02-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Got in my motor today people!!
What a piece of art, it's smaller than I thought.:shock:
Hopefully it'll be an easy mount...yeah, that's all for now.
I soldered a plug for the 4S LiPo pack, lots of wires..lol...

I soldered a Deans on the end of the BL esc...jeez it's a masterpiece.
Taped up all the excess wires, too.:halo:
I'll upload pics ina bit..:) :bigwink:

RedSXmodder
02-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I have a Mamba 8000kv motor laying on my workbench in pieces (I just had to see inside it, lol)

Here's a memory. I was digging through my pics, and found my burned brushless stuff. This was one reason my project didn't turn out well (burned $200 in equipment)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w74/RedSXmodder/P1250318.jpg

Later,
RedSXmodder

2wdpancar
02-01-2008, 11:07 PM
My gosh, that must've made you extremely mad...
That really sucks man, sorry about that..
Hopefully I won't have to worry about that:nodno:
BTW, so what happened?
You soldered on a connector and boom?:uhoh:

RedSXmodder
02-01-2008, 11:10 PM
I was soldering on a connecter, and I think a wire must've connected somewhere. I walked away, thinking I was done, and rush downstairs two minutes later to the godawful smell of burning lithium polymer...

To be honest, I almost cried, lol...

Later,
RedSXmodder

xmodificationer
02-01-2008, 11:14 PM
that sucks so bad man...

2wdpancar
02-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I was soldering on a connecter, and I think a wire must've connected somewhere. I walked away, thinking I was done, and rush downstairs two minutes later to the godawful smell of burning lithium polymer...

To be honest, I almost cried, lol...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Dude, that really blows.
The X tho, isn't as huge as I thought...
I just need to Pay oramac, then I can work on a mount...but my chassis is going to be custom.....

I would've cried if it burst into flames.
If it blows up, there goes my whole apartment.
My closet has a lighter, nitro fuel, and LiPo batts in there
Not the safest place to be...plus Poppers from Chinatown:uhoh: :lol:

2wdpancar
02-02-2008, 02:40 AM
My BL Motor and ESC:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0278.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0280.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0281.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0286.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0287.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0293.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0296.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0305.jpg

I have actually decided not to make my own packs, the tabs break off REALLY easily, so I will buy 2 900mAh packs, 10C for 35 bucks...

2wdpancar
02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
And the body I will be using:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0320.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0321.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0322.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0323.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0327.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0331.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0332.jpg

Flat black, or gloss black.
Where the tape is, that color will be kept secret ;)

Sweed
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Do flat. With gloss windows. Fresh.

Donziikid
02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Can't really get a public opinion on what you should do (flat black or gloss black) without knowing what the secret color is going to be. Flat black may look better with that "secret color" or gloss black may look better with that "secret color." :D

2wdpancar
02-06-2008, 02:05 AM
Do flat. With gloss windows. Fresh.

Yesh, actually that's a good idea.
OK I'll give the secret color away.
It's gunna be a dark/gloss blue.

Can't really get a public opinion on what you should do (flat black or gloss black) without knowing what the secret color is going to be. Flat black may look better with that "secret color" or gloss black may look better with that "secret color." :D

I think flat black on gloss blue would look sweet.
I want to do blue cause most of the GPM is blue...:bigwink:

NON_SKID
02-06-2008, 04:38 PM
you should heat shrink the connections on the dean plug just incase they get crushed and touch each other

stangdude94
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
dude that thing is guna be fast but how fast????????????????

when u paint it post up some pics i cant wait

Stampedekid
02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Just remember one thing, unless you are on a RCP track, one wrong move, and your body is totaled. Still can't wait! I am thinking about the Xceleroin system for my micro. Then, wanna race? :lol:

stang_racer
02-06-2008, 05:46 PM
wow this thing is gonna be sooooo fast like your gonna have to dyno it you do realize that right, but i think the tamia speedchecker only goes up to 99kpm and then it stops soooo that could ba a little problem lol emty parking lot and a radar gun

2wdpancar
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
you should heat shrink the connections on the dean plug just incase they get crushed and touch each other

I did, just didn't upload the pic:bigwink:
I would never EVER do that..only on a Xmod:lol: :bigwink:

dude that thing is guna be fast but how fast????????????????

when u paint it post up some pics i cant wait

Um it does 60MPH on a 3S LiPo with stock gearing in a Mini-T, but I am doing 18t pinion with 7.4v on an xmod.
It'll surpass 60MPH, I would be ****ed if it didn't:mad:

Just remember one thing, unless you are on a RCP track, one wrong move, and your body is totaled. Still can't wait! I am thinking about the Xceleroin system for my micro. Then, wanna race? :lol:

I don't really care about the paint, plus I have a supra coming my way soon, from a friend of mine off a forum.
And some more stuff:bigwink:
My xmod would rip yours, How bout I race you with MY BL Micro-T, fair?
I'm not too bad of a driver......

wow this thing is gonna be sooooo fast like your gonna have to dyno it you do realize that right, but i think the tamia speedchecker only goes up to 99kpm and then it stops soooo that could ba a little problem lol emty parking lot and a radar gun

Nah man, that's pointless.
I'll do dyno for the hell of it.

I may have my dad drive along a LONGGGGG street at 60 MPH, and if the xmod keeps up, we're set:)

2wdpancar
02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
I have an idea.
To prve if one of my motors is fast, I'll race a new chassis with a Futaba receiver and ESC, some GPM, and a 13t motor(silver wire neo mags atomic vented can)

Hopefully my car with the 13t can keep up to this BL car, It probably won't but for a little bit it might.
I'll do road tests, to prove how fast they both can go.
Then both of them against my dad's real car;)

He siad it's cool, he wants to see how fast it can go- I haven't had a running car for 3 months, and after that 6 months:cry:
**** xmods:lol:

xmodificationer
02-06-2008, 11:31 PM
hahaha i will pwn you all racing micro-t's, and in wheelie contests:)

Most_Wanted
02-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Um it does 60MPH on a 3S LiPo with stock gearing in a Mini-T, but I am doing 18t pinion with 7.4v on an xmod.
It'll surpass 60MPH, I would be ****ed if it didn't:mad:

Don't forget that is 11.1v though compared to the 7.4 you plan on using.

2wdpancar
02-07-2008, 12:56 AM
hahaha i will pwn you all racing micro-t's, and in wheelie contests:)

But you have a BB motor....
That might not keep up.....

Don't forget that is 11.1v though compared to the 7.4 you plan on using.

Yeah, I am considering maybe doing another one, maybe with an 11.1v setup...

It'll do less, but it'll still be pretty fast, right..?:eyecraz: :uhoh:
I hope it can keep up with my 1/10th....:nod:

darkendblades
02-07-2008, 02:02 AM
So X is talking about pwning people lol ill pwn anyone in a demo but hey this whole project of yours is looking like its going to rock.

Kaze
02-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Yesh, actually that's a good idea.
OK I'll give the secret color away.
It's gunna be a dark/gloss blue.

I think flat black on gloss blue would look sweet.
I want to do blue cause most of the GPM is blue...:bigwink:

Hmm I think I remember making a comment on XMF about paiting it to match the GPM parts... though I'm sure the suggestion called for a metalic color, gloss should work just fine ^.^ nice choice, can't wait to see it, the fact that its a Xmod using 11.1V sounds nice too, make sure to take lots of pics and videos too..

Good luck!

2wdpancar
02-07-2008, 02:59 AM
So X is talking about pwning people lol ill pwn anyone in a demo but hey this whole project of yours is looking like its going to rock.

A demo for micro-t's?
I would win.:bigwink:

Hmm I think I remember making a comment on XMF about paiting it to match the GPM parts... though I'm sure the suggestion called for a metalic color, gloss should work just fine ^.^ nice choice, can't wait to see it, the fact that its a Xmod using 11.1V sounds nice too, make sure to take lots of pics and videos too..

Good luck!

Yeah, a video is for sure.
Pics too, it's worthless w/o pics, and a vid to show ya'll what it can do.

Yes, it'll be either metallic blue or gloss blue, I saw a color that looked very cool, I am going to use Tamiya rattle cans....
It was medium blue, I'll get some cans this weekend and maybe paint it!!:nod:

darkendblades
02-07-2008, 03:26 AM
i dont know i think my skyline will take your micro t lol

xmodificationer
02-07-2008, 06:45 AM
haha BB motor, lipos, etc. It can keep up with a BL and will have a much longer run time;)

2wdpancar
02-07-2008, 07:54 PM
i dont know i think my skyline will take your micro t lol

Ugh, it runso ff AAA's.....
I doubt it:lol: :bigwink:

haha BB motor, lipos, etc. It can keep up with a BL and will have a much longer run time;)

Yah, not by too much...
If I make my own pack, it'll take you 180mAh and rip it.
Thinking of making a 2S2P lipo pack:nod:

2wdpancar
02-13-2008, 09:47 PM
KK Everyone, so much for the Firebird shell.
I am a die=-hard Ford fan, Oramac is sending a blue '06 Mustang GT body may way, it'll be flat black with gloss red racing striped, 2 down the middle of the car, or one offset viper style-stripe.

Then gloss black windows(Sweed..)

2wdpancar
02-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Parts for this beast coming from HK:

-Mini- X receiver.
-Atomic 20T pinion
-GPM Silver motor mount.

Then I plan to get a 3S Kokam 340 pack, yes, same pack as viperdout, and same receiver.

2wdpancar
02-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Alright, I got some GPM placed in, awaiting my chassis from ebay.
Pics:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0562.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0563.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0564.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0565.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0566.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0567.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0568.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0569.jpg

Thanks.:)

RedSXmodder
02-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Please tell me this thing'll be AWD? Looks nice. The GPM matches the Mustang obdy...

Later,
RedSXmodder

2wdpancar
02-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Please tell me this thing'll be AWD? Looks nice. The GPM matches the Mustang obdy...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Nah, RWD.

Jk lol yeah it's AWD, it wouldn't do anything besides spinouts.:lol:

RedSXmodder
02-27-2008, 10:02 PM
you'd be whippin ****ties all day, lol.

Would you be interested in a Futaba 3pm radio system?

Oh, and I reccomend foams. The rubber will probably melt at the speeds you'll be going.

texan_idiot25
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
1st: *****en
2nd: Get aluminum rims. Breaking the plastic ones is going to happen (been there, done that)
3rd: Foams are going to be your friend. I can dig up some sets that I am going to use on the DMX.

2wdpancar
02-27-2008, 10:07 PM
you'd be whippin ****ties all day, lol.

Would you be interested in a Futaba 3pm radio system?

Oh, and I reccomend foams. The rubber will probably melt at the speeds you'll be going.

I got foams glued to the rims.

Sorry, I'm using my micro-t tx lol.

1st: *****en
2nd: Get aluminum rims. Breaking the plastic ones is going to happen (been there, done that)
3rd: Foams are going to be your friend. I can dig up some sets that I am going to use on the DMX.

Thanks.
Aluminum rims will come, Maybe..I can take the off my supra.

I got foams on my rims already XP.:nod:

texan_idiot25
02-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Those xmods ones wont last long with BL. Or, I can sell you a bunch of sets so you have a bunch of spares :lol:

2wdpancar
02-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Those xmods ones wont last long with BL. Or, I can sell you a bunch of sets so you have a bunch of spares :lol:

How many sets you got??
And how much for like 4 sets?
Lol, I'll pm you..:lol:

2wdpancar
02-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Got my chassis in.
I'll just let the pics talk.:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0578-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0579.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0580-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0581.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0582.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0583.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0584.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0585.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0586.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0587.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0588.jpg

2wdpancar
03-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Time to dig this bad boy out of the dirt.
I have my mounting plans:

-ESC stick-mounted on the side of the servo
-Battery mounted on left side of chassis
-Mini-X rx in middle

RWD POWER!

Pics of what I got done tonight:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0648.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0649.jpg

mustanglover
03-07-2008, 07:06 AM
me likey likey!
looks very professional, just can't wait for it to be on video!

Lowrideit
03-07-2008, 10:39 AM
It does look really perfessanol,
Go blt, thats sick.

RedSXmodder
03-07-2008, 11:08 AM
My only recomendation: smaller pinion, lol...

Looks beautiful!

Sweed
03-07-2008, 11:47 AM

He's right. Better gear that thing to the sky or you will never had rear traction, and will thus never get anywere.

Looks good so far!

2wdpancar
03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
me likey likey!
looks very professional, just can't wait for it to be on video!

thanks

It does look really perfessanol,
Go blt, thats sick.

Looks beautiful!

Thanks, I switched back to AWD today.:)

He's right. Better gear that thing to the sky or you will never had rear traction, and will thus never get anywere.

Looks good so far!

I am going to use an Atomic 20T pinion.
Lol.

It's in the mail from rcmart right now...with my lipos, and my charger should come in anytime now.
:lol:

Aight guys some eye candy?
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0667.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0668.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0669.jpg

Lowrideit
03-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah better be Awd,
I wish you could order different sized bevel gears,
I'd higher my rear by like 15 and lower my front by 10,
My back gets too much traction when I want it too slip, and My front doesnt get enough.

2wdpancar
03-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Wait what the heck are you talking about Lowrideit??:lol:

2wdpancar
03-10-2008, 10:26 PM
New painted hood, and bumpers.
I know they are pretty bad, but they look cool.
I need to give it that ricer look so when people get whooped they won't know what hit them.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0696.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0697.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0698.jpg

I accidently touched the rear bumper while the paint was wet... :X lol:o

2wdpancar
03-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Let's whip out this beast:

-11.1v LiPo pack in the mail
-RWD
-Barricade rims with superglued hard slicks
-Comp X- 8000kv.
-Locked rear diff, with GPM cup joints etc..
-Special battery and esc mounts
-Mini-X servo in Mail

I am ordering a dyno off ebay, to get this beast running 99+ km/h...then I'm going to get a venom speed checker, wire it to the tamiya dyno, to get readings past 99km/h.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0729.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0730.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0731.jpg

DrIfToRDIe
03-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Nice man,did you flip your rims or something?

2wdpancar
03-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Nice man,did you flip your rims or something?

Dude WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???:lol:
Really, please elaborate, I am rather clueless rightnow..:nod:

meme405
03-17-2008, 02:09 AM
New painted hood, and bumpers.
I know they are pretty bad, but they look cool.
I need to give it that ricer look so when people get whooped they won't know what hit them.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0696.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0697.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0698.jpg

I accidently touched the rear bumper while the paint was wet... :X lol:o

Missed this update looks cool, but did you touch the back bumper in like five different places, it dries at the same rate everywhere you know...:lol:

I personally would gone completely stock body, and sleeper style, but that knida hard when you got, an aluminumg chassis, and all that random mess inside. Any idiot would know something has gone completely wrong with your xmod...

2wdpancar
03-17-2008, 02:34 AM
Missed this update looks cool, but did you touch the back bumper in like five different places, it dries at the same rate everywhere you know...:lol:

I personally would gone completely stock body, and sleeper style, but that knida hard when you got, an aluminumg chassis, and all that random mess inside. Any idiot would know something has gone completely wrong with your xmod...

Yeah, I grabbed it with 3 fingers, LOL.
:lol:

Stock body- I have the parts still, I can always switch parts
I am just going to use the stock chassis, that aluminum is going in my soon-to-be micro-t drifting car.(new one, not the EVO)

I want to find some guy with a 6cell at RS, and I act retarded and say it's stock, turn around plug everything in, and I say go, and I whoop him lol
But really, it's only going to do donuts, lol:lol:

fieldfairy2
03-17-2008, 04:18 PM
looks really good. But hard slicks!!! lol. Nice try winning a race. Good luck.

xmodificationer
03-17-2008, 04:27 PM
I was going to say you better have glued the tires down! you should have put on soft tires not hard. But either way they will be gone in about 3 seconds. This is such a bad ride!

2wdpancar
03-17-2008, 07:47 PM
looks really good. But hard slicks!!! lol. Nice try winning a race. Good luck.

LOL
New chassis coming soon, just got my First DREMEL, and a sheet of aluminum, lol.
I'm still working a design in my head, but I'm so hyped.

I was going to say you better have glued the tires down! you should have put on soft tires not hard. But either way they will be gone in about 3 seconds. This is such a bad ride!

They are.
Dude, soft tires would:
1. Flip it more
2. Wear down as fast as you would blink.

It's AWD again, lol, RWD, I couldn't drive it, this car is going to try to compete iwth 1/10th's and 1/18ths:lol:

My new chassis should be done tonight, then I just gotta drill screw holes and such, sand down the sides, and yeah..:lol:

dontspamme
03-18-2008, 02:26 AM
****... Power hungry much? Not much left of an Xmod is there? You are going to get a vid of a speed run right? Dont forget to upgrade the dyno with alloy parts so they dont break!

XMDrifter
03-18-2008, 10:02 AM
gotta get a lower motor mounting position and get that pinion turned around
lookin' beastly

RedSXmodder
03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
The way the pinion is mounted doesn't matter, its just a matter of finding the spot that meshes...

2wdpancar
03-18-2008, 08:58 PM
****... Power hungry much? Not much left of an Xmod is there? You are going to get a vid of a speed run right? Dont forget to upgrade the dyno with alloy parts so they dont break!

Yeah I am power hungry lol.
I am getting a Venom Speed Meter tonight with a dyno, so it can show results past 99km/h...I have to wire it up.

lookin' beastly

Why?
It works fine...plus if I turn around the pinion, it won't mesh.
Take time to think logically, and use your common sense.

The way the pinion is mounted doesn't matter, its just a matter of finding the spot that meshes...

Exactly, thanks.:lol:

Lowrideit
03-18-2008, 09:02 PM
lookin' beastly

The motor looks too sit as high as a Gen 1. Just a tad higher, big deal,
blt, thats sick, Dang, I hope you got some Gpm backing it up though.

c1v1c
03-18-2008, 09:13 PM

Ehhh are you blind? :uhoh:

There is GPM parts on there. He's not that noob to put a BL motor in an xmod without swaping out the stock weak plastic parts...I guess:uhoh:

Classiclover
03-18-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anything like this done before. So far, it looks really good.:thumrigh:

Any idea on when you'll have it working?

2wdpancar
03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
The motor looks too sit as high as a Gen 1. Just a tad higher, big deal,

Not too high...I've had gpm on this car since the beginning of this "project".:lol:

Ehhh are you blind? :uhoh:

There is GPM parts on there. He's not that noob to put a BL motor in an xmod without swaping out the stock weak plastic parts...I guess:uhoh:

I'm not that stupid.:lol:

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this done before. So far, it looks really good.:thumrigh:

Any idea on when you'll have it working?

Thanks...stupid 1/18th lipo is to big, will be FS soon, so I am ordering a few lipo cells tonight, I have a 7.4v pack already, I am gunna make a 11.1v pack.:lol:
Just need to mount everything I guess, and need to get those servo horns from c1v1c ;)

c1v1c
03-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Aha Lol sorry dude had to write an essay for homework...Ima Get it all ready and past by tomorrow morning and put it in the mail box for you.

2wdpancar
03-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Aha Lol sorry dude had to write an essay for homework...Ima Get it all ready and past by tomorrow morning and put it in the mail box for you.

Jesus hurry the heck up dude.

Jk it's all good, in the hood.:lol:

c1v1c
03-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Lol aha, really sorry thought...

2wdpancar
03-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Sorry to leave you all hanging, I am doing a sequel, with a faster motor, 11.1v LiPo pack, highly designed chassis and AWD.

This beast is RWD, firm!
I reamed an EVO pinion to fit, sweet!
And I have about 20 spare evo pinions, not to mention bevel gears, I'll be set for good!

Anyways, pics:
Here's my crappy chassis, I used side nippers, yes wire nippers, to cut most of it, so just step back.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0842-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0844.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0845.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0846-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0847-1.jpg

No body planned for it yet, maybe a bug.:lol:
Or a mini.

Sweed
03-30-2008, 11:38 PM
No body planned for it yet, maybe a bug.:lol:
Or a mini.

Do a Honda CRX.

Looks good, just a few suggestions:
1.) Do a rear mount for the motor
2.) Make stronger front mount (cut up the metal heatsink).
3.) Get stronger gears.
4.) Posi-Traction Rear Diffs
5.) Rear Sway Bar
6.) Cut me a rearr chassis.

snowboi1289
03-30-2008, 11:40 PM
It looks like its gonna be like super mega(or whatever) FAST !!!!!
Is it gonna drift,or race or something like that??
the chassie doesnt look like it'll hold to that massive brushless motor.Hope it works out good..

2wdpancar
03-31-2008, 12:01 AM
Do a Honda CRX.

Looks good, just a few suggestions:
1.) Do a rear mount for the motor
2.) Make stronger front mount (cut up the metal heatsink).
3.) Get stronger gears.
4.) Posi-Traction Rear Diffs
5.) Rear Sway Bar
6.) Cut me a rearr chassis.

1.I have a motor mount, don't want to drill my chassis.
2.Stronger front mount? it's strong lol
3. Stronger gears...ugh...I have to find some, these might just work alright
4.Got locked, might go unlocked or posi...locked might bring too much power :(
5. Sway bar, still in the process of making one of aquaman's sway bars, with that paper clip(THANKS!)
6. Right...so are you sending your stuff to XCRL? I'll cut you one if you have me do your stuff.

It looks like its gonna be like super mega(or whatever) FAST !!!!!
Is it gonna drift,or race or something like that??
the chassie doesnt look like it'll hold to that massive brushless motor.Hope it works out good..

Dude, it's too fast for track or drift, I don't "Drag" race, I just race in a straight line, if you want to call that drag, go ahead.
The chassis is just fine, it's very thick, well like 2mm thick, good enough.
It should work fine, hoping atleast, I am using 7.4v now, to allow less rear wheel power.

Just need to program the darn ESC now...again...:roll_eye:

jabari
03-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Looking great so far.

mustanglover
03-31-2008, 01:26 AM
you are killing me!!!!!! you have to get it running tonight!

2wdpancar
03-31-2008, 01:31 AM
Looking great so far.

Thanks.

you are killing me!!!!!! you have to get it running tonight!

...Right....
I can hold it in my palm, it's so small, I can't get it running tonight, the servo is drying(gluing horns) and plus I need to figure out this ESC.

Sweed
03-31-2008, 01:08 PM
6. Right...so are you sending your stuff to XCRL? I'll cut you one if you have me do your stuff.
Dude, it's too fast for track or drift

I'll send it to you, if I have any money left after today (I need like twenty feet of bubble wrap..), so PM me your addy and I'll send it on.. Wednesday when the ebay stuffs go out.

Too fast for dirt?
Nope. Go offroading with it.

2wdpancar
03-31-2008, 03:59 PM
I'll send it to you, if I have any money left after today (I need like twenty feet of bubble wrap..), so PM me your addy and I'll send it on.. Wednesday when the ebay stuffs go out.

Too fast for dirt?
Nope. Go offroading with it.

Lol, offroading.
K Sweed, I have the parts, you won't be disappointed.

PM sent.:)

RedSXmodder
03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Suspension should be as soft as you can get. You don't need a fast responsive suspension on things going 60+ mph, lol...

Sweed, rear mount? The thing'll pop wheelies like crazy. If your going solid axle (which wouldn't be half bad of an idea) go MM. Rear sway bar: good idea, but you won't need it with a MM flex suspension.

Using a flex plate on this thing wouldn't be a bad idea, since the + camber will shred your tires like no tommorow, and the xmod swivel arm suspension will throw off your front suspension, and even the steering.

Later,
RedSXmodder

2wdpancar
03-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I've got the red springs from XI today.

I am mounting the motor differently...like how cowboy did it..:p

c1v1c
03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Cool, But putting the motor that way would give space for the drivetain shaft :D So maybe awd? or no? :D
Great work so far.

2wdpancar
03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
No awd.

Dude I don't like Canadian money, I lost 5 bucks from our deal.:lol:

texan_idiot25
03-31-2008, 10:23 PM
No AWD??

You... Do plan on going in straight lines correct? Can't wait to see this run, if otherwise. ;)

Looks good so far. Are you going to use the plastic motor holder in the end? Id cut and drill a metal one, just to make **** well sure it's solid and meshing.

2wdpancar
03-31-2008, 10:42 PM
No AWD??

You... Do plan on going in straight lines correct? Can't wait to see this run, if otherwise. ;)

Looks good so far. Are you going to use the plastic motor holder in the end? Id cut and drill a metal one, just to make **** well sure it's solid and meshing.

Ugh...I might cut one...I might not, depends if my skills are good enough.
I haven't even ordered the cutting wheel yet.:lol:

2wdpancar
04-04-2008, 01:43 AM
Seems people only comment when I post pics...lol

So here:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0865.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0864.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0875.jpg

snowboi1289
04-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Are you sure that brushless motor will fit ??
Its looking good.how are you going to arrange all the wires??
I see the GPM diff.,and knuckles,I know that will be alot helpfull than plastic gen.1 knuckles,with those high speeds.

color0
04-04-2008, 03:40 AM
YES, AWD!! Seriously, a Mamba RWD is not very fun to drive. When you have that much power on tap you start wondering which grain of sand in the street is going to cause the tires to bobble just enough to flip the car on its lid at 60mph and send it skidding right into the boulevard. And then the light turns green.

Narrow down the chassis a bit mate, it's a bit nuts right now. :p

c1v1c
04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
I think you put this update in the wrong thread :D

stangdude94
04-13-2008, 01:03 PM
yeah i though u were building a bl in this car

2wdpancar
04-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Took these off my other car, crazy glued xmod foams on..
Still awaiting mine from Texan?

Anyways.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0912-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0913-1.jpg

theoriganalRiD3R1967
04-13-2008, 03:40 PM
those are some pretty nice rims they look aluminim are they? they also look a little bigger than usual or is just my computer?

2wdpancar
04-13-2008, 03:50 PM
those are some pretty nice rims they look aluminim are they? they also look a little bigger than usual or is just my computer?

They are Hot Racing aluminum rims.
The foams look bigger as they are stretched over a bigger rim.;)

I am uploading a video of the gear meshing...not working just yet...:lol:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/th_MVI_0914.jpg (http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/?action=view&current=MVI_0914.flv)

mustanglover
04-13-2008, 05:16 PM
oh yea that thing is FAST lol, just some more adjustments and it should be good.

2wdpancar
04-13-2008, 05:17 PM
oh yea that thing is FAST lol, just some more adjustments and it should be good.

It's fine as it is.
It slips because of the foams on my desk, which is a rather flat, non-grip type surface.

mustanglover
04-13-2008, 05:46 PM
so you are going to keep that meshing?

2wdpancar
04-13-2008, 05:47 PM
so you are going to keep that meshing?

Yes.
It sounds funny, but that's probably from all the teeth..

mustanglover
04-13-2008, 05:49 PM
well hope it "****s and gets" and like you said maybe its all the teeth on the spur, then all the less teeth on the bevel=mesh,idk, but cool.

2wdpancar
04-13-2008, 05:52 PM
well hope it "****s and gets" and like you said maybe its all the teeth on the spur, then all the less teeth on the bevel=mesh,idk, but cool.

See, I wanted to go for a world record, for the fastest xmod.
I took the stock bevel gears, so it would be a 1:1 gear ratio(24t-24t)

I think it will be very fast..this upcoming saturday I'm going to my LHS to have a friend of mine re-program the esc..

stangdude94
04-13-2008, 05:55 PM
thats guna rip so fast it will jut spinn out

just wondering but y u runnig 24 teeth on the pinnion

2wdpancar
04-13-2008, 06:01 PM
thats guna rip so fast it will jut spinn out

just wondering but y u runnig 24 teeth on the pinnion

I'm not going to even bother explaining, you CLEARLY didn't read my post above.:roll:

stangdude94
04-13-2008, 06:03 PM
yeah sorry i was typeing when u posted that post i understand now

2wdpancar
04-20-2008, 12:18 AM
VDS II.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0924-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0928-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0927-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0925-1.jpg

And some Trinity Servo Tape.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0926-1.jpg

Just need to figure out how to mount the rear clip, any suggestions?
I was thinking something along the lines on stick tape...

texan_idiot25
04-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Strong bits of velcro?

That sucker is gonna look mean.

2wdpancar
04-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Strong bits of velcro?

That sucker is gonna look mean.

I like that idea, it's all comes down to weight, I'm sure as Hell not using hot glue.:lol:

The VDS II is the SICKEST 1.28th scale shell I've seen in real life.

color0
04-20-2008, 02:06 AM
Get another piece of aluminum, bolt it to the chassis, bend it up 90-degrees and cut the right slots to match up to the VDSII's body mounts. ;)

The VDSII is exactly as you say, a SICK-looking shell. I'm definitely with you there. :)

2wdpancar
04-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Get another piece of aluminum, bolt it to the chassis, bend it up 90-degrees and cut the right slots to match up to the VDSII's body mounts. ;)

The VDSII is exactly as you say, a SICK-looking shell. I'm definitely with you there. :)

Eh, without thinking of that, I dremeled out those little things.:mad:
I just remembered after I cut them off, about InZane's Pro27AAA and how he mounted his VDS.:cry:

Edit:
Well color, the thing is, I couldn't strap another 2 pieces of aluminum to the chassis, as my esc and rx are on the left, and my battery is on the right, taking all the room up, so it wouldn't work.. :(

xmodkidd33
04-20-2008, 12:07 PM
The body is AMAZING. Can I get a link?

This looks like an amazing project. Can't wait to see it finished!

firebird
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
it will be so cool if it actually works.

Stampedekid
04-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Awesome progress. That body is going to look beast! It already looks beast.

2wdpancar
04-20-2008, 07:42 PM
The body is AMAZING. Can I get a link?

This looks like an amazing project. Can't wait to see it finished!

There are multiple places, you want one from rcmart or AM?

it will be so cool if it actually works.

Thanks for spamming.

Awesome progress. That body is going to look beast! It already looks beast.

Thanks.:)

l33tsauce
04-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for spamming.

After looking through about 5-8 project threads, he always sends negetive opinions about other's work. :roll: I love your project. As soon as you get it running post a vid. :nod:

stangdude94
04-20-2008, 08:43 PM
VDS II.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0924-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0928-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0927-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0925-1.jpg

And some Trinity Servo Tape.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0926-1.jpg

Just need to figure out how to mount the rear clip, any suggestions?
I was thinking something along the lines on stick tape...
not the shell i would have picked but it looks awesome

2wdpancar
04-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Which one would you have chosen then?
I chose this because this is probably the best choice for the car, weighs a lot less now, and has EXCELLENT aerodynamics.

stangdude94
04-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Which one would you have chosen then?
I chose this because this is probably the best choice for the car, weighs a lot less now, and has EXCELLENT aerodynamics.
well i would have went with an enzo but that the next best thing and hey if u like it then good

2wdpancar
04-20-2008, 08:59 PM
well i would have went with an enzo but that the next best thing and hey if u like it then good

Yeah, an Enzo wouldn't have looked bad with these rims...
But thanks for your honest opinion.:)

Jalengrayson
04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
i hope your a good driver cause that seems like its going to be extremely difficult to handle with so much speed...

pretty interesting project

2wdpancar
04-20-2008, 09:08 PM
i hope your a good driver cause that seems like its going to be extremely difficult to handle with so much speed...

pretty interesting project

Thanks, and I'm a pretty good driver.
I want to get a mr-02 to see if I can tag along with color0:p

Jalengrayson
04-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Have you put it on the dyno??

??

2wdpancar
04-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Have you put it on the dyno??

??

I sold mine, but I will be getting another one soon.
I think at 50% throttle I might hit 99km/h.:lol:

Then I'd gun it for 3 seconds, to show how fast it is..I need to get a new esc and I'm all good.

dontspamme
04-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks, and I'm a pretty good driver.
I want to get a mr-02 to see if I can tag along with color0:p
Sure you are, sure...:roll: :lol:

I sold mine, but I will be getting another one soon.
I think at 50% throttle I might hit 99km/h.:lol:

Then I'd gun it for 3 seconds, to show how fast it is..I need to get a new esc and I'm all good.

:o **** amzaing speed if it can do that! Thats one thing I want to see!! Make sure you gun the VDS on a track, or bye bye VDS. Whats making this thing so fast? It's somewhere in the thread, but I'm too lazy to find it :D

GL.

2wdpancar
04-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Sure you are, sure...:roll: :lol:

:o **** amzaing speed if it can do that! Thats one thing I want to see!! Make sure you gun the VDS on a track, or bye bye VDS. Whats making this thing so fast? It's somewhere in the thread, but I'm too lazy to find it :D

GL.

It has excellent aerodynamics, has 15 vents, and it looks cool.
And I'm a good driver, no joke, I can't prove it right now due to technical difficulties with getting one of my xmods running.http://xmodworld.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

2wdpancar
04-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Hm..appears the customer service kicked in, I got an email from a specialist saying to reverse the throttle on my TX...anyone know how to do this on a micro-t tx?

2wdpancar
04-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Stupid esc...
This think is so close to being done, just need to figure out wtf is going on...this really stinks...O well.
I'm talking with a product specialist still, I asked if I could just send it in for a new one, we'll see what comes up.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0958.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0957-1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0954.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_0953.jpg

:)

snowboi1289
04-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Looking nice,I bet if you enter the competition,you will have a big chance of winning.

Can we have a small video of it running(just hookup some batties to the motor,and lets get a small video of how fast it will be)...

xmodkidd33
04-29-2008, 12:15 PM
There are multiple places, you want one from rcmart or AM?

Whatever's cheapest, lol.

Are you going to paint the body?

2wdpancar
04-30-2008, 02:40 AM
Looking nice,I bet if you enter the competition,you will have a big chance of winning.

Can we have a small video of it running(just hookup some batties to the motor,and lets get a small video of how fast it will be)...

O yeah, this is going to make it to this comp, I hope I win, I can only hope and pull for the best, I will get a street vid to show why I should win.;)

Whatever's cheapest, lol.

Are you going to paint the body?

Eh..
No I'm not painting the body, the paint will just chip off.:p
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=595_736_1130&products_id=22694&pname=ATOMIC%20(#AR-210)%20VDS%20II%20Body%20For%2098mm%20WB.%20(Rims% 20Included)

I'm this close to getting the esc crap figured out, going to my LHS this weekend(hopefully) to have this one guy fix it, he's really good, I'm a total rx and tx noob, Most_Wanted experienced it in PM's.:lol:

2wdpancar
05-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Stupid castle creations..

An email I sent them:
Hi, this is Luke , I recently sent in my mamba 25 for repair.
I've been talking with Joe Ford in Tech Support, and he decided I could send it in for repair.

I then sent it in, thinking I would be getting some phone call or some sort of notification stating that my esc wouldn't be covered under warranty, and it would have to be repaired.

I never received any notification, so it was repaired without my consent or approval, then I get a call like 2 weeks ago from Chris(I think) in customer support, and the message left on my home phone stated it wasn't covered under warranty, and I had to send a check in or call for credit card order.

I am going to call tomorrow, and I have been very disappointed with this whole deal, I sent it in, and now you(whoever is in charge of this) has my esc, and I haven to fork over 70 dollars for it, without knowing!
In closing, I'd like to state that I'd like response from a manager ASAP, as whoever is in charge of this, isn't doing it properly, in my perspective.
Thanks for your time,
Luke

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/blt45/IMG_1065-1.jpg

Novak spy
mini- rx(decased)
17T motor(spiral arm on 12T evo pinion)

meme405
05-26-2008, 08:16 PM
That sucks, and yes that was completely wrong on their behalf....

2wdpancar
05-26-2008, 08:20 PM
That sucks, and yes that was completely wrong on their behalf....

Tell me about it.
Seen my new fs thread? Bye bye motor.:lol:

RedSXmodder
05-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I actually have a Mamba 25 ESC laying downstairs. It works fine. It's just missing its heat shrink wrap, and the gold plugs. I'd be willing to sell it UBER cheap...

PM me if interested...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Mooshu_Beef
05-26-2008, 10:01 PM
That's a shame BLT--Castle Creations is usually really good about stuff like that...

Good luck with the build though--looks good so far!

2wdpancar
05-26-2008, 11:52 PM
That's a shame BLT--Castle Creations is usually really good about stuff like that...

Good luck with the build though--looks good so far!

Not with me...I'll have to teach them how to be more customer friendly.

2wdpancar
05-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Lets get this show back on the road, this made my day:

We do recommend Deans Ultras in the manual. It's all good though Luke, we're covering you this time. :) Swap out to Ultras though...you'll notice an increase in power when you do...less resistance.

Joe Ford
Product Specialist
Castle Creations