PDA

View Full Version : Project: Clutch

THE EDJ
01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Soooooo, it's been a REALLY long time since I've done anything with xmods, especially since I have been trying to sell all of mine (which I still am), but I decided to take the beater body off of the RSX I was selling and it is now well on it's way to becoming my next fully custom xmod. I've got all the details worked out, but you guys don't get to know them yet ;) Here's a little sneak peak though.

Before
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q107/EDJ_RIDER/before.jpg

Afterish
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q107/EDJ_RIDER/afterish.jpg

Life
01-24-2008, 07:39 PM
u gonna repaint it?

stang_racer
01-24-2008, 07:42 PM
list of mods???

THE EDJ
01-24-2008, 07:47 PM
u gonna repaint it?

very observant. actually no, I really like the half sanded POS look

list of mods???

not a chance at this point. however, if you look carefully you can see parts of the chasis, and in the background of one pic there's some other stuff that will be used to finish up the body, which is so far quite heavily modded. In fact in the second pic, you can see the chasis that the old body came off of, which is still for sale by the way, along with a NIB black RSX body top kit.

THE EDJ
01-24-2008, 07:51 PM
you spelled my name Knvictd, but I fixed it haha. I'm going to like it a lot too, but that's assuming that the body work and paint go according to plan.

stang_racer
01-24-2008, 07:54 PM
knvictd: Read much? oh ya u know it lol i see the blue gpm now lol any thing good like a v2 or a chilli??

Stridon
01-24-2008, 09:26 PM
oh ya u know it lol i see the blue gpm now lol any thing good like a v2 or a chilli??

or both?

after your done, gotta show off chassis, seems no one does anymore

2wdpancar
01-24-2008, 09:47 PM
or both?

after your done, gotta show off chassis, seems no one does anymore

Before you came a lot of people did.
I know Texan, Sweed, and I do.
I'm sure a lot of other do aswell-Color0, and many more I can't list em out.
:lol:

THE EDJ
01-25-2008, 03:59 AM
The chasis I'm using is awesome, one of a kind lets say. The body is coming along nicely too, we'll see how that goes. Probably won't be any updates soon since I will not be around this weekend, but by all means, discuss what I may or may not be doing, just keep things under control aight y'all.

darkendblades
01-25-2008, 04:20 AM
lol i cant wait to see this baby done lol, im looking into getting some mor egpm for my WRX so it looks sweet like yours. then ill add the v2.2 board or ill do a micro-t swap in it lol

Donziikid
01-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Those tires seems a little thicker than the typical Xmods tires. GPM tires?

Stampedekid
01-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Hmm...I think I have an idea of what's coming. EDJ, I am on to this..lmao.

Stridon
01-25-2008, 04:23 PM
when do you plan on completing it?

darkendblades
01-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Those tires seems a little thicker than the typical Xmods tires. GPM tires?

thier mini tires lol since yeah the gpm tire can use mini-z tires lol man i want some lol

JackSparrow
01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Speed Yellow would look great on it, especially with the black wheels

THE EDJ
02-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Little update:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q107/EDJ_RIDER/moldedleft.jpg

And for symetry's sake:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q107/EDJ_RIDER/nocompromise.jpg

I have also decided that this will be sold once it is completed, via a silent auction. This is going to be my final xmod build, and I'm going all out. Some of you may remember the SPYDER chasis that I designed and built up last year... Along with a very cool custom paint job. The project name gives a bit of a clue to what the paint is going to look like. If you newer folks don't know what chasis I am talking about, do yourself a favor and do some research. Happy bidding to you all.

Silent Auction Rules:

-all bids must be made through a PM
-starting bid will be $200.00 CAD
-minimum bid increase will be $10.00
-shipping will be $20.00 extra
-updated/current bids will be available for viewing in another thread, once the first bid is received

Donziikid
02-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Should be well worth the $200 when it's completed. ;)

I'm digging the body styling thus far, THE EDJ.

2wdpancar
02-06-2008, 08:48 PM
And it still has xmod electronics?
A bit much IMO.
But the GPM is worth a lot, the chassis.
Looks nice, the blue and RSX body go nice:o

stangdude94
02-06-2008, 09:01 PM
wat color r u guna paint it

cant wait to se it done

i think it would look cool in a metalic red

fordman239
02-07-2008, 06:30 AM
lookin good so far, like the bondo work on it. great job. cant wait for updates!

THE EDJ
02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
lookin good so far, like the bondo work on it. great job. cant wait for updates!

This is literally the first time I've played around with this stuff, works great, and it turned out just the way I wanted it to. Paint is going to be a secret, might be a while for that to happen, it's going to be a bondo job and he is too busy to get it done in the immediate future. It will get done though.

I would say this car is going to be worth WELL over $200 once it's completed. If that's what it goes for I will be extremely disappointed.