PDA

View Full Version : Xmods too much money?

VietDraGoNE
01-07-2005, 09:19 PM
i know the cars are 50 $, but after u invest alot in it like 500-1000 people i see just sell them and say its too much money to keep it goin and it gets boring like after u spent that much.. what do yall think for real

livestrong350z
01-07-2005, 09:27 PM
they can b pretty xpensive

but ill always have mine
im not much for sellin my xmods any time soon

RodsRUs
01-07-2005, 10:11 PM
ya man it can get a little pricey but they are definitly worth it.
dont forget though it a revitily new thing so more stuff will keep coming out

PrOjEcT_Z
01-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Tis true that xmods are tid bit expensive but remember the little tiny zipzaps 2 years ago... they were like 25 dollars not you can find one for 5... For all things as technoligy increases and thing get easier to make.. prices drop.. look for a price drop real soon.

VietDraGoNE
01-07-2005, 11:00 PM
yeah, i'll feel messed up after everything drops n i spent all that money, but i kno people spent alot more then me though, s'all good

jpringlephoto
01-08-2005, 12:30 AM
To date, I have (13) XMODS running
(4) of then given away as gifts. (my wife has (2) of the (4).
Then I purchased 2 or 3 more for parts.
I have ordered Carbon fiber chassis for (3) of the (9).
Lith Ion for the same (3)
Bearings for (9)
(4) RS rechargeable battery kits with supplied "AAA"
(7) 4WD kits
Countless light kits, wheel kits, shocks.
(3) Extra bodies

Now I am waiting to order GPM parts...

I am INSPIRED by the Difference in take off speed/torque from Alkaline to NM Hi to Lith Ion.
Then there is the parts support system that goes way above and beyond what RS EVER thought it could be.

I am SURPRISED that they are not offering new bodies and products yet.
Instead, they are holding the price at bay, bc they know that the product has longevity. Perhaps they are looking to empty their stock, bc, I do not see anything new happening with them. But the bug has caught on and someone else will pick up the slack...

I wish there were new bodies at least. I want a Porsche or BMW that does not need extensive modifications to fit.
Other than that, I want a greater selection of TIRES that stay on the rim and hug the ground...
So, if anyone is listening... INVEST and OFFER...

YzakB4DDRG
01-08-2005, 05:13 AM
To be honest, Xmods are probably one of the most inexpensive micro R/C cars you can have. Take the Kyosho Mini-Z's for example, they cost half of what I've paid just for my RC10B4 kit. But the quality is superve. Xmods are absolutely NOT expensive!!! Only problems I have with the Xmods is the childish shape of the radio (controller), camber isn't adjustable, caster isn't adjustable, and the toe-in/out isn't adjustable. If you want to take a look at my RC10B4, here's a pic, btw this pic was taken almost a year ago, so it isn't upto date!

http://www.rc10b4.com/gallery/data/2/1708RC10B4_Stealth_Buggy.JPG

BlackSky909
01-08-2005, 11:34 AM
yes in my opinion they are alot of money u have 2 invest but they are just fun. my mom gets ****ed cuase I spend money on them

SPARCO350z
01-08-2005, 12:30 PM
yeah my mom says im wasting my away in the "stupid" cars

jpringlephoto
01-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Many times what their sentences say is not what they are trying to spell out to you. For Moms, it is the mystery of trying to say something without offending your sense of personal pride. Perhaps what she is really trying to figure out is if she is wasting her time rasing a young man who has not yet grasped the concept of saving his money for the future...
My mom supported my frivilous car and truck habits and it worked out that most of them are still in my possession, but better yet, I NEVER got into drugs or many of the wild things some of my friends fell off into...

Maybe she just want the trash taken out more often, or to have you clean up your room a bit quicker, before you let her pass by it in the afternoon, after you turned it into a freeway or a dirt track...
:lol:

XMODS can be a big investment for many of us, but it sure beats the price of the real car...

Team AMG
01-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Nice RC10, I remember the original RC10 when it first came out, everyone had their Tamiya cars for sale the next weekend.

I have 3 XMODS, all of them essentially RS options only, and they may stay that way for a while. Most of the racers in this area are stock from the package guys, a few have bearing upgrades and AWD, none have much more than what you can get off the hook at RS. When I race I like to win but I also like competetion, cars that are slimlar in their performance are essential if you want great racing interest. if you're not into racing and want to just go like Hell, there's so many ways to do it. I plan for a few machined parts, mostly for more durability, not necessarily speed since our classes have set rules on upgrades.

BTW, I may be getting a few more XMOS this month as loaners for guys that are interested in racing but not reay to drop up to $150 for a great competetive car.

MIKNISMO
03-04-2005, 04:37 AM
I USE TO BE IN TO THE REAL IMPORT SCENE. I SPENT LOADS OF MONEY HOOKING UP MY 240SX. I GOT TIRED OF DUMPING ALL MY MONEY INTO IT, AND OTHER PEOPLE OUTDOING MY RIDE. I SOLD MY 240, AND BOUGHT AMERICAN MADE (BOW TIE). IM NOT REALLY INTO THE IMPORT THING ANYMORE, BUT THIS IS A CHEAP AND FUN ALTERNATIVE TO THE REAL DEAL. X-MODS ARE A LOT CHEAPER THAT HOOKING UP A REAL CAR, AND THEY ARE JUST AS MUCH FUN.