PDA

View Full Version : x-truck issues

123Vette
01-23-2008, 07:01 PM
ok now for me to need to ask for help means w/e is wrong is pretty obscure, i know its not the fets inspected them, not the soder joints resodered them all. The truck will turn on and the servo will center itself and the cl lights flash like always. But it from there out it stops. Its not the chrystals or controler i switched tham all still nuthing. The truck will not steer or move and the light are not on, like it is when the truck is on but no control is. there is some white residue that might be salt from driving it outside but idk if that would do anything to it. Ill clean this off later any help would be greatly appricated!!:D

guitarboy911
01-23-2008, 07:07 PM
is the white stuff by the batteries..if so there coroded*.

-i have had tons of that stuff in random stuff but it still works.
-are they rechargables?

123Vette
01-23-2008, 07:15 PM
no the batteryies are fine trust me its nuthing obovious ive had xmods for a while so i know alot, so this is very complicted, its not alot of white just a very tiny bit that you can barley see you can only see it on the pads not on there green

guitarboy911
01-23-2008, 07:21 PM
-Hmm. well that was my best bet.

-test each part. try and run current through it or try the board or somthing on a different car.

-Process of elimination is the key.

123Vette
01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
i have done that already its somthing else everything that can be tested has already been

BART
01-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Due to the fact that the servo centers tells me that everything in the power circuit is fine...sounds like the receiver portion of the board died and i know of no way to test it beyond what you have already done.

123Vette
01-24-2008, 06:13 PM
ahh darn thats what i wasnt hopeing for (i kinda figured that) theres is no known way of fixing blown range or evo's i find that odd cuz it was a common problem one evo borad the range is toast but it still works up to 20 feet away, o well ill just inspect every peice and see what i can do, but this was my nice chassie :(