PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

xmodificationer
01-22-2008, 06:43 AM
Well my friend has a Associated TC3 and a Schumacher CAT 2000. I want the TC3 but he said he wants to make it a Latemodel Dirt car, I was like WTF. So he said he will sell me the Schumacher for $85 and it comes with motors and some parts, just needs a battery....Is this a good deal?

SPR
01-22-2008, 08:22 AM
i think you can get a far better car, used for close to the same price... isnt the cat 2000 more of a offroad buggy? and your wanting a touring car arnt you? id fine a good cheap electric tourning car if thats waht you want. you can get them for 85 bucks too.

clintr79
01-22-2008, 09:20 AM
i think you can get a far better car, used for close to the same price... isnt the cat 2000 more of a offroad buggy? and your wanting a touring car arnt you? id fine a good cheap electric tourning car if thats waht you want. you can get them for 85 bucks too.

I agree you can get a 4 tec or a rs4 for a good price on ebay.

Sweed
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I agree you can get a 4 tec or a rs4 for a good price on ebay.

Exactly. You can get a RS4 on ebay for a good price..
What's so good about the 4tec anways?

Donziikid
01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Exactly. You can get a RS4 on ebay for a good price..
What's so good about the 4tec anways?

Same thing with every other Traxxas product. They're apperantly "fast." I don't get the hype either.. :lol: I'll stand by my Stampede, no doubt, but I know for sure it doesn't do the 30+mph* Traxxas' says it can do.

*Optional spur gear required.

Sweed
01-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Same thing with every other Traxxas product. They're apperantly "fast." I don't get the hype either.. :lol: I'll stand by my Stampede, no doubt, but I know for sure it doesn't do the 30+mph* Traxxas' says it can do.

*Optional spur gear required.

Not can do, does do. But you need to take the pinion off (it's a ***** to get off) and put the new one on.. But it's fast enough. The Revo I get becuase it's suspension, the Tmaxx was good, but the rest?

Donziikid
01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Not can do, does do. But you need to take the pinion off (it's a ***** to get off) and put the new one on.. But it's fast enough. The Revo I get becuase it's suspension, the Tmaxx was good, but the rest?

Pinion swapping is not that hard to do, Sweed. :lol: Locking the limited slip differential to a posi-traction rear is hard. That differential/tranny has so many nuts, screws and washers it's unbelieveable. No wonder it's so heavy. :roll_eye:

Speaking of that...there's some nice fresh powder out there and I have a while before I have to do anything... :D

Stampedekid
01-22-2008, 01:48 PM
The N-Stampede is fast. But they say the Pitbull of RC Mt's yet a REVO 3.3 could beat it easily. I guess because of its wheelies at slower speeds. Yes it does climb past 33+mph, me and my dad radar gunned it on grass. Now there's some nice powder snow, and I am sick, I don't think my Pede' will see any snow.

xmodificationer
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM
wait....is the RS4 nitro? if it is i dont want it i want electric.