PDA

View Full Version : Wich Mini Z do you prefer ?

NMx2
01-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I am looking in to buying a Mini Z i am wondering witch are the fastest and are good. Wich cars are the best ! And the fastest
http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Kyosho-Mini-Z.aspx

Thanks for your Opinion :)

darkendblades
01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
i preffer the AWD if you want control and speed, but the but i think the mr 02 is the best but im not sur eim not to into the whole mini thing lol. even though i really want one but i say the AWD.

REDisFASTER
01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
MA-010 (AWD ones) are recommended for people who just want to have fun.

For people who have money and are seriously considering the 'serious' Mini-Z racing scene (Mini-Z racers are hardcore and don't show mercy), MR-02 is the best.

darkendblades
01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
awsome i was right lol sweet. but yeah i woudl go with the AWD since i dont really race anyone anymore here in my town.

but if i woudl let myself do what i want i would go with the MR-)@ lol because i love SPEED>

NMx2
01-21-2008, 03:55 PM
how fast can the AWD go up to with a good motor ?

Sweed
01-21-2008, 03:57 PM
They're not "Go Fast" car, that's xmods. But they're fast enough. I think 30mph is fast enough for them.

NMx2
01-21-2008, 03:59 PM
whats the fastest for xmods ?
What is a good really fast electric RC CAr ?

Donziikid
01-21-2008, 04:09 PM
MiniZs are not meant to go fast, at all. Ever. No one will even mention to go with Lithium-Chemistry batteries because it's just too much for them. (It's not too much because the electronics aren't capable, it's just too much because they already surpass Lithium-Chem batteries stock with NiMH.)

There are five on-road Mini-Z's, the MR01, MR015, MR02, F1, and MA010.

MR01: First MiniZ on the market. There is no brake function on an MR01. The chassis is very basic, even more so than the Gen 1 Xmods. Batteries at the sides, servo and electronics in the middle and a motor hanging off the rear pod; plus you never even see MR01s anymore.. RWD only.

MR02: Most popular MiniZ raced and used. There is a brake function, has a lower CG than the MR01, chassis is very limited as to custom modifcations (but after market parts are very, very vast amung many companies). RWD only.

MR015: An MR02 with a tall battery configuration than that of the MR01 and an MR02-width front end. Like the MR02, it can be very competitive but it's not particularly suited for high speeds and high traction. RWD only.

MiniZ F1: Open wheeled design, sticks and runs like an actual F1 car, but isn't vastly used amung 1:28th enthusiests.

MA010: Newest chassis. AWD, higher CG than most other MiniZs (namely the MR02), also the hardest chassis to custom mod. But, as like the MR02, vast after market parts can be found my many manufactures.
-----------------
You would be what I like to call someone new to the sport. You've had an Xmod, but have not had any experience with real quality micro RC. Thus, you should get an MA010. Easy to handle, easy to find parts for and easily one of the most fun MiniZs. When you really feel you're capable you can purchase an MR02 for faster speeds, more fun and hopefully some HFAY (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/) events will be in your future.

Cheers,
Donzii.

dekker
01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
what scale are mini-z

REDisFASTER
01-21-2008, 04:49 PM
what scale are mini-z

Same as XMODS, 1:28.

NMx2
01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Does any body have a Motonica rc car they look so sweet

Sweed
01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
whats the fastest for xmods ?
What is a good really fast electric RC CAr ?

The fastest xmods have far suprassed the 60mph mark. Viperdout built a BL Beast a few years back that did 60mph, MNM did a 40mph, I did a 53kph a few months ago. Xmods are great for going fast in a straight line and cheap modding.. And crawling.

meme405
01-21-2008, 08:43 PM
MR-02 for sure...So much possibility there, MR-01 was okay too but lot less advanced...

Spoon_Tuner
01-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I have an Ma-010 AWD and let me tell you this, they are pretty fun

If you want speed, go for the MR-02 or even the F-1 that thing comes right out of the box fast, but I think it might be a scale up from 1:28 but Im not so sure about that.
The AWD chassis is really stable when you run the right tires and springs for what type of driving you want to do, either with drifting it or running it on a curvy track. Springs, tires and center shafts are cheapr but once you get past those things the expensive stuff comes like the swingshafts, diffs, and the sas system they get expensive.

I would recommend these two things first, if you get then ma-010. The blue/gray sp chassis and a bearing kit.
If you want spectacular bearings go with Ceramic, but those run really expensive but worth every penny.

Life
01-22-2008, 01:35 AM
I race mr-02 mr-015 an,d used to race mr015 nascar on the weekendends, Never owned an awd, owned a broken f1,

If u want speed u can make an awd go so much faster than a 02 as they are moddable or in my track are an open class

Mr-015 is prob ur best best for the cars that are 2wd for indoor use as they are not as low gravity and someting wit the weight

If u do get a mini-z get a radio i/e the futaba 2pl or the airtronics equivelant

dcb76107
07-22-2008, 08:17 PM
My question on switching from Xmod to Mini-Z cars is, will they be making parts for a long time.

meme405
07-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Mini-Z's will be around forever...Quite literally, there are so many clubs and organizations, and unlike xmods, the comunity is usually a little more mature and organized. Therefor there is also well run local competitions...

havent been paying attention to the latest news since i sold my Z but theyll be around for awhile...