PDA

View Full Version : Slammed wheels on my Bumblebee question.

ling427ttvette
01-19-2008, 03:08 PM
I have no pics, but I need to know.. what do you guys who put these wheels on the cars, use for tires?

The tires in the kit do fit with the wheels on the chassis, but it's not driveable. There is slight rubbing on the rear, and I definitely cannot have the body on to drive it.

Are these things basically for show only on the cars?

imnotmikal
01-19-2008, 03:12 PM
put regular car tires on the slammed rims.
slammed rims are made for trucks; but will work with cars, though you will need car tires, and you may have to trim the fender.

ling427ttvette
01-19-2008, 03:23 PM
The only other tires that I have are the stock tires that came off of my NSX and Camaro.. they won't stretch onto the slammed wheels will they?

If not, where can I find a set of the regular car tires? Ebay probably?

Edit: Looks like they do fit.. sweet!

SPR
01-19-2008, 03:28 PM
yup, now trim that fender a little bit and have fun!

ling427ttvette
01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Hell, I'm not even seeing anywhere that I need to trim the fender. It seems to be just fine even with the wheels turned lock to lock. The rear looks good too, when the suspension compresses the wheel just slides right in without a problem.

SPR
01-19-2008, 04:06 PM
well then lucky you, your good lol. normally it doesnt take much, but if your clearing then dont worry about it.

ling427ttvette
01-19-2008, 04:14 PM
well then lucky you, your good lol. normally it doesnt take much, but if your clearing then dont worry about it.

Hopefully it stays like that anyway..

I ordered some shims to put in there to get rid of all of that wheel slop these things have.. hopefully it doesn't push them out too far and make them rub.

While we're at it, I've been thinking about painting Bumblebee.. but should I?

How rare is it supposed to be? I mean sure, it is my car after all.. and I can do as I please, but I would hate to ruin something that could be worth money later down the road?

I'm not too impressed with the quality of the paint for the stripes on it.. it's not finished in some places, and it just lacks really.. I was thinking about doing a candy apple red with some black stripes.

Jackalope
01-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Here try these.....
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2632000-2632999/2632646_70_full.jpg

JackSparrow
01-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Candy apple red w/black stripes sounds like it would look great! I think it may actually be worth more with the custom paint job than with the stock one, if you do a good job. Whatever you think though.

ling427ttvette
01-19-2008, 10:59 PM
I think it would as well.. and, that is my favorite color as well.

I would be worried about doing the stripes though, I would want them to be correct... but, I don't have the skill get them the same way they are now, with the smaller black outline around them.

Well, I do have the NSX that I am working on.. which is coming along great by the way, got a coat of black on it to see where my work is getting.. still some to go, but man it's going to look sweet! Maybe I can practice a little pin-striping on it before I get it all finished up.. or hell, I have a ton of spare model body's that I could use as well...

Sounds like a great time to learn a new skill.

cbmetalwerkz
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
i use the truck rims on my bumble bee and all i had to trim was the curled under part of the front bumper... also used the tire package for the cars... works perfect!

redrkt
02-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Hopefully it stays like that anyway..

I ordered some shims to put in there to get rid of all of that wheel slop I think you are going to find that half the time the wheels will not turn with shims in them, why not just order the bearing kit for it?these things have.. hopefully it doesn't push them out too far and make them rub.

While we're at it, I've been thinking about painting Bumblebee.. but should I?

How rare is it supposed to be? I mean sure, it is my car after all.. and I can do as I please, but I would hate to ruin something that could be worth money later down the road?

I'm not too impressed with the quality of the paint for the stripes on it.. it's not finished in some places, and it just lacks really.. I was thinking about doing a candy apple red with some black stripes.

As stated above, Bearings work way better than shims for taking the slop out of the wheels.

ling427ttvette
02-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah after I got the shims I noticed they weren't really worth using for the wheels. Maybe I can find something else for them.

Bearing kits will be coming. Are the bearings the same for Gen 1 and Evo, or are they different?

dontspamme
02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Their different, the Evos are a lot bigger then the gen 1s.

ling427ttvette
02-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Hmm, I've had them both apart just never actually compared the size of them.

Gen 1 kits are probably hard as hell to find I bet? I remember a guy on here told me he had one come to think of it.. going to talk to him when I can get it..

civicblack10
02-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Not really actually, remember you dont need to buy the factory RS bearings, your can get aftermarket ones from atomicmods, XI, ebay and many other places.
Hmm, I've had them both apart just never actually compared the size of them.

Gen 1 kits are probably hard as hell to find I bet? I remember a guy on here told me he had one come to think of it.. going to talk to him when I can get it..