PDA

View Full Version : Is this rc buggy good or not..

snowboi1289
01-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Im trading my micro-dt for a Duratrax Vendetta RTR,and i kinda wanted to know if its durable and if its fast..I didnt get it yet,but the guy said its on its way.And what are good upgrades for it??

here are the pics he sent me
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/snowboi1289/Xmods%20and%20rc%20cars/d21.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/snowboi1289/Xmods%20and%20rc%20cars/d11.jpg

heres the the url to the duratrax buggy i should be getting
http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd13-vendetta/dtxd13-index.html

thank you..

REDisFASTER
01-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Well... When you get it, I recommend you de-solder and place some heat shrink tubing on those deans connects. Any metal crosses those two leads and you've got a fried battery, or may be a fried ESC.

Other than that, wait for xmodificationer. I believe he has a DTX Vendetta as well.

Stampedekid
01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Well... When you get it, I recommend you de-solder and place some heat shrink tubing on those deans connects. Any metal crosses those two leads and you've got a fried battery, or may be a fried ESC.

Other than that, wait for xmodificationer. I believe he has a DTX Vendetta as well.

IDK if he does. I know he has a MC-T and a PP. As for durability. How much more durable could you want? Durable as hel*!

mustanglover
01-18-2008, 10:49 PM
thats a good brand! they know there stuff and some time's they don't, but yea you got a good offer have fun with your vendetta! :)
and no he doesn't

snowboi1289
01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
i kept looking at this page http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd13-vendetta/dtxd13-chassis.html and looking back to the pics the guy gave me,and it lookis like he upgraded the motor and the electric spped controler..

mustanglover
01-18-2008, 10:54 PM
i think the esc is the same because that one has the purple heat-sink on it, the one on the website doesn't have it on

REDisFASTER
01-18-2008, 10:54 PM
ESC is stock. He just put heatsinks on the mosfets.

EDIT: Beat me to it :(

xmodificationer
01-18-2008, 11:11 PM
yep no vendetta for me. I was going to get one but i ended up getting a Propulse and micro-t instead.

mustang-04
01-19-2008, 01:34 AM
in my opinion vendettas are by far the best all around 1/18th buggy. you defientely wanna go brushless with them tho. more run time and more raw hp lol.

heres mine with an ALIGN 430xl Brushless motor 3700kv geared at 21/45. with a few hopups lke stell cvs, alloy knucles, 1/10 hpi touring tires and wheels, etc..

Most_Wanted
01-19-2008, 01:43 AM
in my opinion vendettas are by far the best all around 1/18th buggy. you defientely wanna go brushless with them tho. more run time and more raw hp lol.

heres mine with an ALIGN 430xl Brushless motor 3700kv geared at 21/45. with a few hopups lke stell cvs, alloy knucles, 1/10 hpi touring tires and wheels, etc..

What others have you had to base that on? I've never had one so I can't say, but I have heard quite a few people on different forums say good things about them. I'm just not sure if they are better than an Associated RC18B.

Me, I'll stick with my soon to be brushless (Wraith 7K) Kyosho Mini Inferno :D .

mustang-04
01-19-2008, 02:31 AM
What others have you had to base that on? I've never had one so I can't say, but I have heard quite a few people on different forums say good things about them. I'm just not sure if they are better than an Associated RC18B.

Me, I'll stick with my soon to be brushless (Wraith 7K) Kyosho Mini Inferno :D .
i own the vedetta buggy and the vendetta st (truggy) in 1/18. but i have driven my detta against an rc18b and the 18b couldnt compete. the detta just handles better, drives faster (bigger motor) and can take more of a beating.

my opinion.. someone else can think different!

snowboi1289
01-19-2008, 12:41 PM

yours is soo nice,im gonna repaint mine when i get it,will i might..
how much did you pay for your upgrades ??

Stampedekid
01-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Decided not to go WK, saving up my $ to get a Vendetta ST. Personally, I don't like buggies which is why I didn't get a Nitro Evader. I got a N-Pede'. I think they use 380 size motors correct me if I am wrong. The ST says more Truggy than Stadium Truck. When I get it, no duh will I go Mamba since I wanted a Mamba system in my Pro Pulse and my LHS sells them. GL with it, too bad you won't have the DT anymore. Oh well.

Most_Wanted
01-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Decided not to go WK, saving up my $ to get a Vendetta ST. Personally, I don't like buggies which is why I didn't get a Nitro Evader. I got a N-Pede'. I think they use 380 size motors correct me if I am wrong. The ST says more Truggy than Stadium Truck. When I get it, no duh will I go Mamba since I wanted a Mamba system in my Pro Pulse and my LHS sells them. GL with it, too bad you won't have the DT anymore. Oh well.

The Nitro evader isn't just a buggy, it comes as a ST as well.

snowboi1289
01-21-2008, 02:24 AM
come on ppls,is there anybody that has this rc,that knows about it ??