PDA

View Full Version : New Losi Truck announced!

Stampedekid
01-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Called the Speed-T. 1/10 scale and goes 65+ on a BL motor!
http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0101
Runs on Xceleroin BL motor.

xmodificationer
01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
your just now finding out about this? iv'e known it for almost a week

Donziikid
01-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Xmodificationer, they just released the actually information about it. You may have known about the teaser, and have had thoughts about the whole thing; but there's no way you knew for sure before today. ;)

Bah.. Seems like Traxxas. 65mph? Lies...slander...propaganda! Won't happen on a 4800kV system. Someone buy it and see! :lol:

xmodificationer
01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Nope, ive known it for about 6 days. My friend has a relative that works for Losi or whatever.

Stampedekid
01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Nope, ive known it for about 6 days. My friend has a relative that works for Losi or whatever.

And to think, that us on BYT thought it was nitro lol. The Lil' Mug must be another upcoming since RCD has it in their January Calendar. This thing looks sick, this will probably be my Bar-mitzvah present.

REDisFASTER
01-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Bah.. Seems like Traxxas. 65mph? Lies...slander...propaganda! Won't happen on a 4800kV system. Someone buy it and see! :lol:

How about someone buy it and give it to me? I'll do some tests on it ;)

Anyway, give it a while until guitarboy sees the 65mph top-speed label :p He's really into claimed top-speeds, even though 90% of the time, its usually 10-15 under the claimed speed... There's a reason why they put a number there. To catch your eyes, but your brain has to be smart enough to not buy its claimed top-speeds, or else you're asking for disappointment.

Stampedekid
01-17-2008, 08:34 PM

Anyway, give it a while until guitarboy sees the 65mph top-speed label :p He's really into claimed top-speeds, even though 90% of the time, its usually 10-15 under the claimed speed... There's a reason why they put a number there. To catch your eyes, but your brain has to be smart enough to not buy its claimed top-speeds, or else you're asking for disappointment.

Well on my N-Stampede box it said 33+ we radar gunned it and got 42.3mph before I started to slow, and that's on grass with a TRX Pro.15.

Donziikid
01-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Well on my N-Stampede box it said 33+ we radar gunned it and got 42.3mph before I started to slow, and that's on grass with a TRX Pro.15.

I'd love to believe you, Xmodracer; but I find it hard to without proof. I have never seen a TRX Pro.15 maintain a speed as quick as that.

Stampedekid
01-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I'd love to believe you, Xmodracer; but I find it hard to without proof. I have never seen a TRX Pro.15 maintain a speed as quick as that.

Whoops, sorry, I typed it wrong, I meant 38.2mph.

Most_Wanted
01-17-2008, 09:03 PM

I'm sure it will hit the 65+ mph mark, just don't expect it for everyday bashing or without dropping some serious cash on expensive lipo packs.

As much as I don't really care for the Traxxas line, look at the Ruxtler VXL. Traxxas claims a top speed of 70+, and with the right gearing and batteries, it can be done. People just have to realize that you can't run your truck like that all day long or your asking for trouble.

Stampedekid
01-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm sure it will hit the 65+ mph mark, just don't expect it for everyday bashing or without dropping some serious cash on expensive lipo packs.

As much as I don't really care for the Traxxas line, look at the Ruxtler VXL. Traxxas claims a top speed of 70+, and with the right gearing and batteries, it can be done. People just have to realize that you can't run your truck like that all day long or your asking for trouble.

Once you "tag" the curb, goodbye Rusty VXL. That's why I never got one.

Most_Wanted
01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I did see some pretty good "carnage" pictures when I use to frequent the Traxxas forum. Some guys were buying these as their first RC and then driving full speed right away. Then those same guys would complain that the truck wasn't very durable. What is, when you doing over 60 or 70 mph though? That forum has got it's fair share of boneheads.

Stampedekid
01-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I did see some pretty good "carnage" pictures when I use to frequent the Traxxas forum. Some guys were buying these as their first RC and then driving full speed right away. Then those same guys would complain that the truck wasn't very durable. What is, when you doing over 60 or 70 mph though? That forum has got it's fair share of boneheads.

Yep. The only carnage I have had with my N-Stampede is I broke the plastic things where the axle shaft connects to the diff. Had to get alloy ones. Oh and broke the bottom piece off my shock tower, that was an easy fix.