PDA

View Full Version : My first YT video Onboard Chassis-cam!

REDisFASTER
01-16-2008, 06:28 PM
So I was driving my TA04-PRO around in my basement... Discharged the battery, went to charge it, looked at my chassis, looked at my camera, looked at a pack of zip-ties and out of my head came this idea of doing an onboard chassis-cam, like the other people on YT and other R/C sites.

This is my first attempt at a video, since I still need to find a good place for the camera on the chassis, I want to be able to see the whole front end, as well as suspension travel, but thats for another video.

Don't mind the crashes, my ESC is a racing model forward-brake only ESC with no reverse. I also have a rather slow servo in the car so that doesn't help either...

Hopefully I can get some better, outdoor shots come springtime!

Anyway, enjoy REDisFASTER's first YT-outing! ;)

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZz7dXB6WIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZz7dXB6WIA

mini-z drift
01-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Do you have a video it without the onboard view?

REDisFASTER
01-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Unfortunately, no... About impossible, since my camera auto focuses before the video starts and stays on that focus... As well, I've got a pool table, ping pong table, as well as washing machines and other stuff that I've got to watch out for... Makes it just about impossible to drift this thing while filming at the same time :p

Stampedekid
01-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Nice video. Good music. I posted a comment. Good first YT video compared to my first one...Oblivios Bond lol. Actually, I think it was my Pro-Pulse video. Hmm. Sorry lol. :p.

Donziikid
01-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I pictured you as an adult, RED. You don't look very adult-ish in that video. :lol:

Very nice. I also would preffer a stationary camera view, onboards make me car sick.. :o

stang_racer
01-16-2008, 09:05 PM
lol mabey some normal sound of the motor and slow things down a bit would help??? lol

REDisFASTER
01-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I pictured you as an adult, RED. You don't look very adult-ish in that video. :lol:

Very nice. I also would preffer a stationary camera view, onboards make me car sick.. :o

LMAO, I'm wearing house 'chill out' clothes, lol. I don't wear anything fancy if I'm just chillin' in the house :p Oh, and I'm Azn. We're supposed to look cheap just lounging in the house :p Should I wear a suit next time I do this?

I too prefer stationary cameras, but this video would just make n00bs thing R/C cars are super-fast, so its all good :p

I also understand why it makes you sick, you don't know the direction that I'm going in :p I feel the same when I watch someone else's onboard. For mine though, I know where it is, since I'm familiar with my house (or should be?) and know which way I turned, etc.

I'll try to find some form of stationary video in the future. Probably after the snow's gone, I'll goto a local parking lot, place the camera onto of the car (full-size, and just have it record me driving around in the lot :p

stang_racer - My camera has no microphone...

And I can't slow down what I never sped up. The speed of that video is the exact same speed of the camera in the chassis. No speeding up in movie maker or Adobe Premier for that one.

EDIT: Actually, I can slow it down, but I won't :p