PDA

View Full Version : Best Stadium truck?

bestdragon2001
01-16-2008, 05:43 PM
What is the best 1/18 scale electric stadium truck that I could get for around $200?

guitarboy911
01-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Team Assosiated rc18t...
-you can get one to go 60mph if you have the money...

REDisFASTER
01-16-2008, 06:21 PM
guitarboy, just about all your hobby-grade R/C replies have something to do about making a vehicle go to a posted speed...

Seriously... Post something about the vehicle's features, not how fast you can get them to go...

Anyway, the RC18T from AE is correct. Its a great RTR for getting into hobby-grade, and its only $173 at Tower: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJAY0&P=ML

AE also sells the top of the line factory team (its a racing model, not an alloy 'toy'), but if you're just getting into hobby-grade, the RTR is what I would recommend.

It has everything you need to get started, a battery, charger and transmitter. All you need is 8 AA's for the transmitter.

The 18T is also very popular for its amount of hop-ups. They're lots you can do to it, such as creating an alloy monster, or carbon and brushless track monster!

Its a shaft-driven 4WD, so drivetrain maintenance is at a minimum compared to that if you had a belt-driven one (though some people, including myself, prefer belt-drive over shaft-drive).

The 4WD will help you get through almost everything in your backyard. A big advantage compared to 1:10 2WD (RWD) stadium trucks. (I'm not saying 2WD stadium trucks are bad, as they're the fastest class of R/C trucks out there, but for someone just getting into hobby-grade, especially if you don't plan to race (often or not), 4WD will be something you'll really learn to appreciate.

Hope that helps!

bestdragon2001
01-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Ive got a pro pulse which is relly fun but its kind of cheap, its an rc18 knockoff.I decided to try some jumps with it and things kept breaking, so I just want a car that can really handle that kind of stuff.

Stampedekid
01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Ive got a pro pulse which is relly fun but its kind of cheap, its an rc18 knockoff.I decided to try some jumps with it and things kept breaking, so I just want a car that can really handle that kind of stuff.

Lol, same here, my PP doesn't work anymore :p. Back on topic. RED had a great no wait, awesome description as I have seen them take beatings and run like champs. Great little truck, I have seen plenty of them while using my Pro Pulse at tracks before it broke. Great little truck.

bestdragon2001
01-17-2008, 04:00 PM
What if I got a mini-t baja, are they very reliable?

Stampedekid
01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
What if I got a mini-t baja, are they very reliable?

IDK, I know mustanglover has a Mini-T ST.

bestdragon2001
01-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Id really like to get a mini-t baja if they are good, because there only $150 so I cold get it for my birth day next month.

bestdragon2001
01-20-2008, 02:02 PM
How fast is this and is it completely RTR?http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Associated-RC18MT-118-AWD-Monster-Truck-RTR-Kit__12844.aspx

REDisFASTER
01-20-2008, 11:21 PM
bestgradon2001, do NOT, under any circumstances, other than updating a project or continuing a gallery thread, or bumping a B/S/T thread after 24 hours post two consecutive messages in a row.