PDA

View Full Version : model body fit

guitarboy911
01-12-2008, 09:41 PM
- does anybody know of a brand a brand/style of model body that would fit my gen1 skyline nicely.
- i had a mustang but it isnt right. all that was good about it were the tire which im using now.
- scale from company to company switchs so much.
- Thanks.

snowboi1289
01-12-2008, 09:56 PM
this would go in appearance..
and try towerhobbies.com or tamiya.com

guitarboy911
01-12-2008, 10:01 PM

-ok i just figured it was a question so i threw it here.
- i meant like models at craft store or what not.

- i think i might just take my xmod there and rip appart boxes until i find one that fits.

xmodsnut
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I haven't found any bodies yet that fit perfect. my focus I did went on an extended evo long chassis. so if you are looking for a car to fit the best ones are ones that are small wheel base cars.;)

JackSparrow
01-13-2008, 10:18 PM
I've heard some people say that Mini-Z bodies fit the Xmods... I can't say for sure though because I've never tried with one of those. Revell bodies have worked for me before.

guitarboy911
01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
I've heard some people say that Mini-Z bodies fit the Xmods... I can't say for sure though because I've never tried with one of those. Revell bodies have worked for me before.

- yeah i have heard good things about those but i was basically wondering who knows of a brand that has the right scale for xmods...bodies i have tried are not right so there just scrap in my basement.

-or paint attempts ;)

SPR
01-14-2008, 02:29 PM

mini z bodies also sell for like 40+ bucks on ebay, kinda expensive.

tamiya bodies seem to be about the best. also a lot of 1/24 scale bodies fit better than the 1/28 sclae.

oh and reading yoru sig. good luck on finding an awd kit, hope your ready to pay 50 bucks for it lol. thats what they have been selling for on ebay.

guitarboy911
01-14-2008, 08:29 PM
mini z bodies also sell for like 40+ bucks on ebay, kinda expensive.

tamiya bodies seem to be about the best. also a lot of 1/24 scale bodies fit better than the 1/28 sclae.

oh and reading yoru sig. good luck on finding an awd kit, hope your ready to pay 50 bucks for it lol. thats what they have been selling for on ebay.

-Yeah, i saw all the 1/24 scales and they seem to be better. i saw a mazeratti body at the store so im gunna go get it. (or the lambo idk) pics when i do

-Thanks for the luck i might need it.

SPR
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
so whats the scoop, got the body yet?

c1v1c
01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
None of the 1:25 ur looking for would fit a gen1 skyline perfectly...since xmdos are 1:28 not 1:25 so its a bit smaller...So ur best bet would be a miniz body wich isnt 40 but around 20 on atomicmods.com. hope that help.

SPR
01-15-2008, 08:42 PM
None of the 1:25 ur looking for would fit a gen1 skyline perfectly...since xmdos are 1:28 not 1:25 so its a bit smaller...So ur best bet would be a miniz body wich isnt 40 but around 20 on atomicmods.com. hope that help.

a 1;25 actually can fit a xmod perfectly, since none of the scales are exact. generally the small scales than 1:28 fit xmods better than a 1:28 scale...

and depends what body your looking for. the suby mini z body i wanted was 45 bucks.