PDA

View Full Version : {56k} What used too be a barricade..... And Titan {56K}

Lowrideit
01-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Photo bucket link......
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii146/lowrideit_2008/Xmods/

Now for the next project of mine, Im gonna take a 1972 Nova SS model and fit it onto my Titan, Needs alot of work, Titan needs extended like half inch, and needs a slammed wheel, or lowered upgrade. Nova needs paint, hood, and pretty much it for now.

What do you guys think for it all, Good bad okay?
All paint was used with brush's, No thinner, so You can kinda see brush marks,
I might add a small wheelie bar too the "Barricade"

^ Yes, I did say brush, meaning hand, read it. ^
Please dont be... 'jerks' about it, Like snowboi and SPR.

This is whats done too them...

"Barricade"
-Locked Diffs. Front and back
-Suspension, Soft front, Meudium back.
-S2 motor with 8:25 gears.
-AWD with truck dogbones to prevent slip.
-Ace derosa Rims, plus Soft slicks. [ I do have drift ]

Titan
-AWD
- And S2 with 8:25 gears also.

snowboi1289
01-10-2008, 06:13 PM
hurry and resize the pics or just put the url code, before the mods lock this thread..

im sry but i dont like your xmods,im sry,it looks crappy,and did you hand paint them ?? but good job,i guess..

Lowrideit
01-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Im gonna put them on Photobucket, then Ill send like, Let me delete thread.

SPR
01-10-2008, 06:20 PM
yeah i dont want to be rude, so ill say nice try... the ideas were good... but they really look like a 2 year old did them.

Kinda see the brush marks? thats all i see. doesnt look like you masked anything off, or even tried to sanded. good first attempt, but you got a lot to learn, and ruined two perfectly good bodies... personally id go by some paint thinner, some about 250 grit sand paper, and start getting all that paint off. prep it right, and re do it, preferably with a spray can...

Lowrideit
01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
yeah i dont want to be rude, so ill say nice try... the ideas were good... but they really look like a 2 year old did them.

Kinda see the brush marks? thats all i see. doesnt look like you masked anything off, or even tried to sanded. good first attempt, but you got a lot to learn, and ruined two perfectly good bodies... personally id go by some paint thinner, some about 250 grit sand paper, and start getting all that paint off. prep it right, and re do it, preferably with a spray can...

If you can read, I'm not the best, ^^ Im pretty new, Just like you., I didnt mask anything becasue I have a steady hand, Then once I got alittle on the window, I went too touch it up, And opened the wrong bottle [Flat black] and when you lay flat black, it looks gloss till it starts too dry.

Dont be a d..., Serously guys, Like I said, ^^Im pretty new, I bet your not the best SPR. Im sure I could find some flaws, but I chose not too.

SPR
01-10-2008, 07:10 PM
If you can read, I'm not the best, ^^ Im pretty new, Just like you., I didnt mask anything becasue I have a steady hand, Then once I got alittle on the window, I went too touch it up, And opened the wrong bottle [Flat black] and when you lay flat black, it looks gloss till it starts too dry.

Dont be a d..., Serously guys, Like I said, ^^Im pretty new, I bet your not the best SPR. Im sure I could find some flaws, but I chose not too.

i may be new to this site... but im not new to xmods, nor painting.

and have a steady hand? im sorry i gotta laugh, i dont see anything on that truck or car that backs that up. masking tape... honestly.

im not trying to be a dick, and i really dont think i am being one... im giving you my honest opinion and trying to help, since, giving you the idea to sand it, prep it right, and do it over with a spray can. all usefull tips that could turn that into a way better body..

i paint cars in real life, ive painted hundreds of lexan RC bodys, quite a few models. and wiht all my experience i find xmods the hardest thing to paint for some reason, so i know they are really easy to mess up. and i may not be the best.. and everyone has flaws, but i can do a better job than what you did for the simple fact i would use aceton to clean the body first, sand paper to prep... masking tape to make sure its perfect... and a spray can so you dont get brush marks... with a lot of time to have a good turn out.

im honestly not trying to be a dick. but what do u want me to say, great job!!!?

your paints run and bleed and are different shades of blue. none of your chrome has a "steedy hand" its all ran into blue. im sorry it just flat out isnt a good paint job. its way easier to just lay a little maskin tape out, and hit it with a spray can, you'll get way better results, even if it comes out a litlte orange pealy, at least its not as bad as brush strokes threw out the whole body.

were all here to help. and i htink everyone would agree, soake it in paint thinner, get some paint off, sand it down, and do it over. try again, practice makes perfect. it would turn out way better, and would look really good. like i said the idea behind it was there, it just needs a little practice..

the only other thing i would suggest... is the silver windows.. why? windows are not chrome, and painting the grill and tail lights and windows all the same color just kinda looks weird to me... totally up to you on that one but thats just my suggestion.

please dont take this as being a dick, or trying to bag on you. im just saying, practice makes perfect, it didnt turn out, so try it again, ask questions, get some tips on painting.

i will personally walk you threw step by step, and help ya out to get a decent looking paint job. just here to help. not talk ****.

Lowrideit
01-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Understand that you want too walk me through it,
But serously dont be a dick about it, All I asked Opioin wise was, what do you think, Good bad? Okay?
you could have said,
Bad. This is what you should have done,

// EDIT:// I also never said I was the best, Neither did you, And of course your gonna find flaws, you paint cars for a living. I personally, am problay the worst painter on here, Really, and Im not afriad too admit it, I never said they were great. .
I would have taken it differently, [ Word of advice for you, watch the swearing. ]

SPR
01-10-2008, 07:21 PM
you asked for opinions. dont get upset when we tell you what we think.

were not being "jerks" were telling you what you asked for.

take it in stride, and either throw it out the window. or take the tips and fix it and try to change everyones minds.

Lowrideit
01-10-2008, 07:24 PM
I'll do whatever I want with it, Like Everyone says when some kid ask's
"What should I do with my xmod,?"
They respond
"Its your xmod! Do whatever you want!," Serously, I know I could find a few threads of that.
Really what you guys think, is nothing too me, I dont know any of yous personally, Your people I know over the internet, big deal.

SPR
01-10-2008, 07:27 PM
and im sure everyone would agree, its yours do what you want with it.

but you asked our opinions, we gave it. and now you call us jerks for doing it.. i mearly pointed out flaws, and gave you tips to fix them.

soo if you want to go into that with the attitude, who cares it means nothing to me, your just some dude on the net, then fine with me, but dont get mad at us when we give you what you asked for. only here to help, if you dont want to be help. then dont expect everys attitudes towards your cars to change.

good luck on your future paint jobs. ill just keep my mouth shut next time so im not being a 'jerk'.

Lowrideit
01-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I asked " Good, bad okay"

One word.
Try again SPR.

SPR
01-10-2008, 07:32 PM
k fine, Bad.

sorry for my previous post.

Lowrideit
01-10-2008, 07:34 PM
No problem, I do understand your tryen too help, I was the jerk, Sorry.

SPR
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
just dont be afraid to ask for help, everyone here has tips and tricks, theres a few here who do out standing paintjobs on these little suckers

XMODification
01-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Sometimes you guys have to swallow comments like a big pill that you don't want to take - if you post a thread about "what do you think about my Xmod" you'll get exactly what people think about it!!

There are members that will offer advise and there opinions mixed in one - those members are trying to help you by pointing out your flaws and other little mistakes along the way. I for one would have said it's a rough job but since it's your first time I would have expected that (unless you do airbrush work like Bondo, suicide star and a couple other people).

Anyways, it's a nice color choice but it's a rough paint job - i'm sure you can actually try to do it over and don't be afraid to ask anyone for advise (use PM's and don't go making a thread for help btw).

Good job no-the-less for a first timer.:nod:

Stampedekid
01-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Good job for a first time. You should see my first time :uhoh: One word for mine, POS!!! Wait, that's 3. See, I can't count. :p. Could use some better pics though.

SPR
01-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Sometimes you guys have to swallow comments like a big pill that you don't want to take - if you post a thread about "what do you think about my Xmod" you'll get exactly what people think about it!!

There are members that will offer advise and there opinions mixed in one - those members are trying to help you by pointing out your flaws and other little mistakes along the way. I for one would have said it's a rough job but since it's your first time I would have expected that (unless you do airbrush work like Bondo, suicide star and a couple other people).

Anyways, it's a nice color choice but it's a rough paint job - i'm sure you can actually try to do it over and don't be afraid to ask anyone for advise (use PM's and don't go making a thread for help btw).

Good job no-the-less for a first timer.:nod:

and why cant we make a thread asking for help?

redrkt
01-11-2008, 12:04 AM
and why cant we make a thread asking for help?

Because the MOD just said so.
Or do you not understand chain of command?

Jackalope
01-11-2008, 07:30 AM
So after how many negative comments does someone have to step in and say "ease up"? I mean daymn! Ok so they could be done better but rather then say something like not a bad idea, needs a little work. Constructive critisim is far better then saying his work looks like *** regardless of weather or not it truly does.

Besides they are HIS xmods, he seems happy with them and admits they need more work. No need for the belittling hateful remarks guys.

I mean for craps sake they're just toys.

SPR
01-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Because the MOD just said so.
Or do you not understand chain of command?

seems compeletly dumb to me, oh heres a forum to post on guys, by the way dont make any threads asking for help or you'll be banned. wtf? whats the point of having this forum then.

XMODification
01-11-2008, 02:38 PM
seems compeletly dumb to me, oh heres a forum to post on guys, by the way dont make any threads asking for help or you'll be banned. wtf? whats the point of having this forum then.

Since you're new and you missed alot of stuff that had recently happened before this forum got Hacked - there was alot of discussion about making useless post like "help" - or "what color do I paint my xmod?" or even " which xmod should I get?" - Those thre used ot get locked for alot of reasons like they end up getting out of control or it would get 1 or 2 responses and die away.

Anyways, my point is - it's better to use the "SEARCH" option to find the info you require and then if you really need help with a project you could always start your project and then ask questions along the way while posting progress pics or updates on it - that way you can be getting help and learning at the same time without having to make several threads for no solid reason.:nod:

Jackalope
01-11-2008, 02:51 PM

Awesome point. If a newbie (which I am) can't say "help" and expect / hope to get some experenced / knowledgeable responces then why bother to have the site at all? I understand getting hacked is a serious issue but if you stop everyone from making help posts then thats worse then the hack itself!
I mean if you limit what new threads can be made, especialy help threads then whoever the *** nuget hacker is has won.

And as for search features I've had my fair shair of bad expeences with them as well. If you don't word the search 100% as to whats out there cause lets say oh your a newbie and aren't exactly sure of proper wording then the search turns up "No Matches Found". So we make a post asking.

Lowrideit
01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys. Ill problay end up doen something with it,
Goen out, getten some paint stripper, Getten the paint off. and Sprayen it., Or airbrush, Ill problay PM someone.

Stampedekid
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM

Well if you don't like it so much, why not just leave? Lowrideit, consider bondo maybe. You know the master of painting XMODS IMO.

Jackalope
01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Well if you don't like it so much, why not just leave?

WoW! Awesome advice to give a new member,way to go! :roll:

Jackalope
01-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks guys. Ill problay end up doen something with it,
Goen out, getten some paint stripper, Getten the paint off. and Sprayen it., Or airbrush, Ill problay PM someone.

Paint stripper will probly hurt the body, be careful. Or just get a new body and you know what not to do next time. Everyone haaaaas to learn at some point or another.

Stampedekid
01-11-2008, 05:24 PM
WoW! Awesome advice to give a new member,way to go! :roll:

So Jackalope, what questions do you have? PM me. I have had very bad painting experiences on my 05 Mustang and very good sharpie experiences on my F150. That post above was directed at SPR not you.

Jackalope
01-11-2008, 05:30 PM
So Jackalope, what questions do you have? PM me. I have had very bad painting experiences on my 05 Mustang and very good sharpie experiences on my F150. That post above was directed at SPR not you.

Thats cool man, no harm no foul. Most of my questions involve where to get stuff like wheels since I can't seem to find any decent ones anywhere!

I've been building cars, models, for about 30 years now so I kinda got the painting and detailing stuff down pact. ;)

So where can I get some BBS style wheels? I found some on a couple sites but they're sold out and when I call them they have no idea when they're getting more. Its frustrating to say the least.

Lowrideit
01-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Lets get on topic now that thats dealt with

SPR
01-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Paint stripper will probly hurt the body, be careful. Or just get a new body and you know what not to do next time. Everyone haaaaas to learn at some point or another.

paint thinner wont hurt the body, at least it never has with me, not the normal stuff you buy at fred meyers or whatever, now a super potent crap like maybe a professional painter would use, might do some damage.