PDA

View Full Version : Air filter question

Stampedekid
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Yesterday at my LHS, we asked for a air filter. The guy gave us a Duratrax Air Filter. My dad says that it won't work, but I know more about hobby-grade RC than him so yeah. Will it work for a Nitro Stampede? It looks like it would. Plus it is yellow! Yay yellow...lol.

JDMDUDE
01-09-2008, 06:05 PM
i think it might work try it on your rc to see it works

Stampedekid
01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
i think it might work try it on your rc to see it works

Do you even own Nitro. I want to find out before I open it up. I am sorry, that was pointless. I need answers from people who REALLY own nitro and REALLY know what they are talking about.

JDMDUDE
01-09-2008, 06:10 PM
i do have a nitro car it is a rtr 3 evo

Stampedekid
01-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Ohh, ok sorry. Is it fast? Could it smoke my Nitro Stampede? *yes*

Sweed
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM

Owning something doesn't neccesarily mean you know about it...

I'm not sure. Did it come with a airfilter neck, or just the filter? If it's the stock size piping, it should fit. But if it came with a neck, visually see if it will fit, becuase I know Revo's have problems clearing the fly wheel.

Stampedekid
01-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Owning something doesn't neccesarily mean you know about it...

I'm not sure. Did it come with a airfilter neck, or just the filter? If it's the stock size piping, it should fit. But if it came with a neck, visually see if it will fit, becuase I know Revo's have problems clearing the fly wheel.

It has the whole thing, rubber, and foam filter. It might not work because of how it is shaped and how the body is cut for the engine and the air filter.

guitarboy911
01-09-2008, 06:41 PM
an air filter is an air filter....it should fit. is it a kit or just the foam.

- if you open it and its the wrong thing then make it fix.

Stampedekid
01-09-2008, 06:43 PM

I think you mean fit. Will do, maybe. Sweed, should I do it?

Sweed
01-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I think you mean fit. Will do, maybe. Sweed, should I do it?

How much was it and how broke are you?

Donziikid
01-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Open the box correctly and take it out. See if the neck of the airfilter fits onto the seal on your motor. If not, then it won't work. Take it back and ask them for a air filter that will fit the .15 motor from Traxxas for your N. Stampede. ;)

As long as you don't break, disassemble or manage to harm the purchased air filter they'll take it back or exchange it for one that fits perfectly. :)

Cheers,
Donzii.

REDisFASTER
01-09-2008, 07:04 PM

Not always true. Air filters are made with corresponding sizes to the engine that they'll be put on. .12 and .15 size engines have same/similar sized carbs, so they usually fit fine, .18 is a bit bigger, but will still fit snuggly.

.21, .26, .28, .32, and larger usually fall in their own sizing category.

Stampedekid
01-09-2008, 07:27 PM
How much was it and how broke are you?

Well, I have $35 right now, by the end of the month, I'll have $55 because of $20 allowance. :). Once my camera turns up, I'll get pictures of the engine, the carborator(I can't spell it) and the new air filter. Does it matter that it is made by a different brand?

torredo
01-09-2008, 07:49 PM
try and find yourself a StageII or StageIII airfilter, this will ensure you arent getting particles into the combustion chamber. It is basically a foam element, cage around it, then another foam element around the cage.

Best thing you could do for a nitro!