PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Intermittent????

Camaro98
01-09-2008, 04:52 PM
This car has been doing this since I took it out of the box. If I am driving foward and need to immediately throw it into reverse, reverse does not respond to the controls. You have to toggle the lever twice or so to get it to work, and even then, sometimes it still won't work unless the car is stopped. Is this normal, or am I right that there is something wrong with this thing?

The donor car was an Evo, Barricade Xmod.

noturday
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
this is because the controler is designed to have a brake the first time you hit the reverse from foreward, then reverse when you hit it the second time, this saves a lot of dogbones and frustration

Camaro98
01-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Ahhhhh.....okay...I guess it's good to know that the thing isn't defective...

REDisFASTER
01-09-2008, 05:10 PM
this is because the controler is designed to have a brake the first time you hit the reverse from foreward, then reverse when you hit it the second time, this saves a lot of dogbones and frustration

+1

The Forward+Brake, Neutral, then Reverse design has been the norm on most entry-level and hobby grade R/Cs. Even much more expensive (think $350 or $400+) hobby-grade electric R/Cs have this same function.

It helps to protect dogbones like noturday said, as well as prevent damage to your transmission gears. Its basically a 'gear saver', as well as a 'money saver', if you think about it.

guitarboy911
01-09-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah it ****es me of alot though..but i guess it saves money.

BART
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM
+1

The Forward+Brake, Neutral, then Reverse design has been the norm on most entry-level and hobby grade R/Cs. Even much more expensive (think $350 or $400+) hobby-grade electric R/Cs have this same function.

It helps to protect dogbones like noturday said, as well as prevent damage to your transmission gears. Its basically a 'gear saver', as well as a 'money saver', if you think about it.

In fact if i remember right you usually have a much harder time finding esc's that do not have this setup.Usually there is the setup red and noturday said or a setup without reverse (reverse is illegal in most racing)

Kaze
01-09-2008, 08:18 PM
yeah it ****es me of alot though..but i guess it saves money.

If you drive a car in real life this wont be much of an inconvenience, Idk about you guys, but I don't necessarily drop into Reverse without coming to a stop or braking to a very low speed.

Camaro98
01-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Well, no...but dropping it into reverse does help to swing the back end around nice and fast on a smooth floor...