PDA

View Full Version : Body Kit , Rims , Bearings , Suspension

carswell05
01-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi I Have The Basic Evo Subaru

I Was Wondering If Someone Could Give Me Advice On Whats The Best

Body Kit To Get For It ?

What Are Good Rims For It ?

What Bearings I Should Get ( As I Dont Have A Clue ) :-?

And What Suspension Kit Would Be Good To Have Im Mainly Racing On A Simple Track That You Can Go On At High Speed

darkendblades
01-07-2008, 05:24 PM
lol hey im not goingto be a a** but its your xmod and it shoudl be done like you want it and the bk well i say look for a WRX one lol and so on. lol

taiwanesekid05
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm getting kind of annoyed by posting this over and over again... But here we go...

Lights: Only cosmetics, looks pretty. Nice at night so you know if you're going forwards or backwards. The ground effect kits sit close to the ground, so take extra care if you want them. They'll drag on the ground.

Motor: For now, the Stage 2 Motor Kit is good. After a while when you are familiar with the Evo, then you can start to do some real modding. For example, you can add FETs (The little square boxes by the place where you screw the motor wires into the EP board) and add faster motors.

Wheels: Only cosmetics. If you want to drift, get drift wheels and the Race Suspension Tuning Upgrade to keep the chasis from rubbing the ground.

Suspension: Nice to have, good to tune your car for things like drifting.

Bearings: I would definetly suggest them. You won't regret it. It'll make your car faster than stock because of the lesser amount of friction. The best you can get are the Ceramic Bearings from www.atomicmods.com

Body Kits: Cosmetics. Makes the car look pretty.

Vinals: ? What do you mean?

Etc Etc: For now, get used to the Xmods upgrades. I would suggest to do a 6 cell mod, or get Lithium-Ions.

For now, just get used to the car. One thing good to do is to take the car apart and put it back together, to see if you really know where things go. The Evo chasis is easier to remember than the Gen 1 chasis due to the fact that it has less pieces.

snowboi1289
01-07-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm getting kind of annoyed by posting this over and over again... But here we go...

Lights: Only cosmetics, looks pretty. Nice at night so you know if you're going forwards or backwards. The ground effect kits sit close to the ground, so take extra care if you want them. They'll drag on the ground.

Motor: For now, the Stage 2 Motor Kit is good. After a while when you are familiar with the Evo, then you can start to do some real modding. For example, you can add FETs (The little square boxes by the place where you screw the motor wires into the EP board) and add faster motors.

Wheels: Only cosmetics. If you want to drift, get drift wheels and the Race Suspension Tuning Upgrade to keep the chasis from rubbing the ground.

Suspension: Nice to have, good to tune your car for things like drifting.

Bearings: I would definetly suggest them. You won't regret it. It'll make your car faster than stock because of the lesser amount of friction. The best you can get are the Ceramic Bearings from www.atomicmods.com

Body Kits: Cosmetics. Makes the car look pretty.

Vinals: ? What do you mean?

Etc Etc: For now, get used to the Xmods upgrades. I would suggest to do a 6 cell mod, or get Lithium-Ions.

For now, just get used to the car. One thing good to do is to take the car apart and put it back together, to see if you really know where things go. The Evo chasis is easier to remember than the Gen 1 chasis due to the fact that it has less pieces.

yea,Im getting annoyed too...

for the BK (body kit) go for a mild..
for rims go with the metal rim upgrade(RS metal rim upgrade)
I wouldnt go for lights,because its just a waste of batteries or if you have the recharables,its just a waste of time
if you have a Gen.1 chassie then go for Gen.1 metal bearing upgrade, or if you have a Evo (2nd Gen.) chassie then go for the Evo bearings..

Hope this helped...

carswell05
01-07-2008, 06:55 PM
I know use are probs annoyed with writing thats stuff time and time again lol . I know that the stuff is just basically for cosmetic looks .

But was Just wanting to know what use would use If You Had this car just out of interest