PDA

View Full Version : ...As moderator?

torredo
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I have had it up to my eyeballs in the rubbish on these forums!!
Who here would vote me in as a Moderator?

Id like to see this forum rise not sink to the bottom!
For the most part the members need to realize that this is a discussion board on what we are here for....Xmods!
I am so tired of the threads started on junk we dont need to see/hear, etc..

Another thing that would make it some what better is actual forum organization. To many forums and not enough related directly pertaining to the Xmods?

so.....with moderation at a hilt, whos in?
if i dont become a mod, that also fine...but it would be nice to this site go somewhere rather then everyone PMing behind closed doors to visit yet another **** new site? wtf!
like we want to start this all over again when there is already soooo much to offer right here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site related

Introductions
New to Xmod Source? Come on in and introduce yourself!

Xmods

General/FAQ's
Questions and an introductions.

Engine/Suspension
Discussion related to the engine, suspension and/or anything that deals with the inside of the xmod.

Electronics
Section for all your xmod electronic help. Sipder v3 question

Multimedia

Racing scene

How-to Articles (DIY)

Projects

Regionals

United States

Canada (1 Viewing)

International

Community

Off-Topic

Buy/Sell/Trade/Feedback

Torredo.

Surgeon
01-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I have had it up to my eyeballs in the rubbish on these forums!!
Who here would vote me in as a Moderator?

Id like to see this forum rise not sink to the bottom!
For the most part the members need to realize that this is a discussion board on what we are here for....Xmods!
I am so tired of the threads started on junk we dont need to see/hear, etc..

Another thing that would make it some what better is actual forum organization. To many forums and not enough related directly pertaining to the Xmods?

This is from a guy whos latest topics started are:

Racing101
Official Torredo Skyline Thread
What the!!
Kph to mph conversion chart

Or how about this?

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4570

You just need to chill out dude. If you don't like it find another place. This site has its own characteristics and qualities; good and bad, but in the end you chose to log in. If all forums were the same, there wouldn't be multiple forums.

Let the mods do their job, and you do use by leading with positive example. Go by a mini-z body and make a scale skyline like the one your getting.

Sweed
01-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Why would you make a better one?
I wouldn't.

suicide_star
01-07-2008, 05:10 PM
This is from a guy whos latest topics started are:

Racing101
Official Torredo Skyline Thread
What the!!
Kph to mph conversion chart

Or how about this?

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4570

You just need to chill out dude. If you don't like it find another place. This site has its own characteristics and qualities; good and bad, but in the end you chose to log in. If all forums were the same, there wouldn't be multiple forums.

Let the mods do their job, and you do use by leading with positive example. Go by a mini-z body and make a scale skyline like the one your getting.

omg...u mean there are hypocrites on here! NEVER! :lol:

darkendblades
01-07-2008, 05:13 PM
hey torredo man i started on this site about 3 years ago and one of the coolest guys on here was you and all the cool stuff that you would do to help others out. but now you just dont do anything at all, all you do is start randome threads about stupid stuff and im not saying no one else does it but i mean like i just did one of my collection thats not something thats hellping anyone but sometimes it does like i helped out B-shizzle with his need for bigger tiers, since after he saw my titan i asked if he needed them to be like that. so yes this site has its downfalls and isnt the best it can be but to us all it is the best out thier if you could show us better then we can thin k on it but i can still remeber when i first got here in may 05 i saw you posting a site about a website called streetracingwars.com so look back on everything you have said and done here and see that you are like everyone else.

Dark.

torredo
01-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Racing101 - This was a harmless video i thought was funny!
Official Torredo Skyline Thread - This was my car, So what?
Kph to mph conversion chart - Some like to know this?

What is your point?
im talking about threads that are to flame, direct members away from XMS, and soforth!

and like ive mentioned...yea i was out of the scene for a few years, but oh well....im back!

Stampedekid
01-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Torredo, you are talking about non-XMOD related threads, yet you start them. Personally I think you would be a terrible moderator. Plus, you would probably ban me for typing this. Its an XMOD forum yes, but they have sub-forums for other things besides XMODs.

REDisFASTER
01-07-2008, 05:20 PM
A moderator would put their thread in the proper forum ;)

torredo
01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
ok....i get it!
forget it then, i thought maybe i could help out, not ban your every move?

good enough.

REDisFASTER
01-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Its not that we're trying to tell you "no! you can't be a mod" or whatever, but at the current state of our forum, just after an incident like that hack, its really not the time to be arguing about getting new moderators. Our priority now is to bring XMS back to its former glory. Bring back out lost useful threads and to help strengthen out security against future hackers.

We can't concentrate on moderation voting now. What happens if you do become a moderator and our forum is hacked again? What's a moderator without a forum to moderate?

Stampedekid
01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
ok....i get it!
forget it then, i thought maybe i could help out, not ban your every move?

good enough.

Well....maybe I'd vote you in, but what sub-forums are open for you. I'm sure none of them would resign. They probable really like their moderation jobs.

texan_idiot25
01-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Boy, this thread is familiar: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10960

Surgeon
01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Boy, this thread is familiar: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10960

Dude, you should have been banned already, no room to talk from you.

REDisFASTER
01-07-2008, 05:45 PM
texan_idiot, IGNORE Surgeon's post. Do NOT reply to it. There's no need to hijack this thread with his comment.

texan_idiot25
01-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Dude, you should have been banned already, no room to talk from you.

What ever dude. :roll:

snowboi1289
01-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I dont know you torredo,but from wat I hear from some ppls,you sound like a good dude,soo you might be a "good mod." or you might be a"bad mod."..

taiwanesekid05
01-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't think Torredo would do good as a Moderator. I mean, some of his latest posts are:

imbl

Even though the thread never is/ was locked.

I'm satisfied with our mods now, but would be nice if we got bondo as a mod because he's a mod in XMI, so he would know what's good and what's just plan bs.

torredo
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
you mean the same bondo that is a moderator to a board that has other people PMing here to deter away from XMS??

ahahahahah

jimmythekid1
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
no offense but if your asking to be modded your probably are not right for the job at this time.

Surgeon
01-07-2008, 06:28 PM
you mean the same bondo that is a moderator to a board that has other people PMing here to deter away from XMS??

ahahahahah

Torredo, calm down. It will be Ok. Enlightenment comes to those who wait.

civic_guy
01-07-2008, 07:17 PM

ahahahahah

That's false. he has never pmed members with the sole purpose of taking away from this forum. Bondo sent pms to those he thought would be a good addition to that forum since it's geared toward more seasoned modders. Infact all the XMS members that join over there are still active on here as well.

torredo
01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
He never PMd anyone...but he did? and this is false? LMFAO!

suicide_star
01-07-2008, 07:52 PM

ahahahahah

bondo pmed nobody for one thing...please get your facts straight before you want to start flaming. i pmed people inviting them, people that i consider friends on here. did you recieve a pm from ME torredo? of course not, i don't want a 34 year old that acts like a whiney child anywhere near anything that i've established. don't tell me that you DON'T whine, because that's what this thread is all about...a hyporcrite with little or no xmods projects *****ing that there's not enough people posting about xmods projects. what do you do to remedy it? post more threads about nothing having to do with xmods. great job...if anybody made you a moderator in this forum i'd delete my account. nobody here is afraid of you or what you have to say, continue to act this immature and see where it gets you.

note:i am NOT hijacking this thread, im setting facts straight and stating my opinion on the topic. if it isn't true, it shouldn't hurt anybody's feelings.:bigwink:

torredo
01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
look., i dont care who did,.....you are ALL a part of a team (Xmods forum) and are PMing against forum rules to deter members for your own good.

Bye./

Surgeon
01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
look., i dont care who did,.....you are ALL a part of a team (Xmods forum) and are PMing against forum rules to deter members for your own good.

Bye./

Wrong forum in question buddy....

Sweed
01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Moderators should write in complete sentences, allways.
Moderators should not make three letter useless posts.
Moderators should not spam.
Moderators should not not include Sweed.
Moderators should not be hypocrates.

suicide_star
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
grow up, please. i go to 3 other forums and still post all my projects in here. deter my ***. i don't know if your mom dressed you up like a girl when you were a child or wtf is wrong with you but you need to stop starting dumb crap like this. you want to call bondo a "troll" for his threads, wtf are you kid? how about, instead of repeating the same BS in this thread YOU get back on topic about your rant for wanting to be a moderator?

taiwanesekid05
01-07-2008, 09:02 PM

Bye./

There goes another memeber who think's they're so great that they must create a firestorm before they leave...

suicide_star
01-07-2008, 09:06 PM
There goes another memeber who think's they're so great that they must create a firestorm before they leave...

hes not leaving, hes got nowhere to go because everybody else knows he acts like a child with a dirty diaper. and to top it all off, all the bs he's starting about another forum isn't true, it has nothing to do with the one he mentioned. if XMS ever has a "National Enquirer" section, please do...let torredo moderate it, he's the BEST man for the job. :bigwink:

imnotmikal
01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Torredo, weren't you mod before, but still managed to get yourself banned form here? :uhoh:

texan_idiot25
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Bye./

You practiced similar tactics with your old forum, High Peformance Xmods, or what ever. Lets not get hypocritical now shall we?

And now your making a situation because we all say no to being a mod. Get over it.

Moderators should write in complete sentences, allways.
Moderators should not make three letter useless posts.
Moderators should not spam.
Moderators should not not include Sweed.
Moderators should not be hypocrates.
+1 :nod:

civic_guy
01-07-2008, 09:39 PM

Bye./

No one is detering anyone. You need to stop watching X-files and get the conspiracy theories outta your head.

1)How are we PMing against forum rules? And what exactly do you mean by this comment?

2)Where's the proof that Bondo is sending such pms? Post up some PMs or your comments mean nothing.

3)Proof of threads you see as spam? Otherwise this is nothing more than another useless thread full of *****ing.

BART
01-07-2008, 09:52 PM
No one is detering anyone. You need to stop watching X-files and get the conspiracy theories outta your head.

1)How are we PMing against forum rules? And what exactly do you mean by this comment?

2)Where's the proof that Bondo is sending such pms? Post up some PMs or your comments mean nothing.

3)Proof of threads you see as spam? Otherwise this is nothing more than another useless thread full of *****ing.

Lets just clear the air shall we. I PM'd torredo and invited him to a new site (yes I am a mod there aswell). It is not a competition type of thing (i love this site but I'm pretty sure it does not hold a pattent on xmod discussion). The "other" site is in it's infancy so select people were invited to join...not to drop this site and make a new home. The "other" site will not be googleable (i made that up:nod: ) for a few weeks so I...yes I, invited certain people to join up to try and give it a little jump start. Really now, whats the big deal...I have no problems with anyone on this site but thought that select seasoned modders would be a good way to start the other place off right. Nothing against anyone but there is a lot of spam (like this thread) here and while the bugs are being worked out that would just get in the way. If I did something wrong...sue me. It's a freaking forum on the internet...If you dont like what you see please click "start" "turn off computer" "turn off" (in xp of course.

suicide_star
01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Lets just clear the air shall we. I PM'd torredo and invited him to a new site (yes I am a mod there aswell). It is not a competition type of thing (i love this site but I'm pretty sure it does not hold a pattent on xmod discussion). The "other" site is in it's infancy so select people were invited to join...not to drop this site and make a new home. The "other" site will not be googleable (i made that up:nod: ) for a few weeks so I...yes I, invited certain people to join up to try and give it a little jump start. Really now, whats the big deal...I have no problems with anyone on this site but thought that select seasoned modders would be a good way to start the other place off right. Nothing against anyone but there is a lot of spam (like this thread) here and while the bugs are being worked out that would just get in the way. If I did something wrong...sue me. It's a freaking forum on the internet...If you dont like what you see please click "start" "turn off computer" "turn off" (in xp of course.

:hail: :hail:

i agree with you 100%.
The only problem is that torredo is so caught up in trying to start crap that he doesn't even know what forum he was invited to :lol:

texan_idiot25
01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
t's a freaking forum on the internet...If you dont like what you see please click "start" "turn off computer" "turn off" (in xp of course.

Or, reach back, and pull the cord (In a desktop, of course, lap tops: Proceed to toss out a window).

I mean, torredo, pot called the kettle black, you yourself spams an xmods site, though you do it publicly.
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=641&stc=1&d=1199761422torredo.jpg

suicide_star
01-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Or, reach back, and pull the cord (In a desktop, of course, lap tops: Proceed to toss out a window).

I mean, torredo, pot called the kettle black, you yourself spams an xmods site, though you do it publicly.
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=641&stc=1&d=1199761422torredo.jpg

lol, i never even noticed that tex. i guess there is a forum out that that hasnt banned him.

darkendblades
01-08-2008, 12:37 AM
i think im the coolest so far lol of all you guys..........lol ok do you wanna know why............. hmmmm im asking the mods to close this off this is dumb and it hanst been closed yet. hmmmm i think we should all get everything some what together with areselfs and stop posting in this lol ok.

mods i believe its goingto be made worse if not closed thanks.

Dark.

THE EDJ
01-08-2008, 02:47 AM
It is as simple as this. People who ask to become mods, are not going to become mods. WE ASK YOU. That's how it works. End of story.

Numbchux
01-08-2008, 03:46 AM
no offense but if your asking to be modded your probably are not right for the job at this time.

ding ding ding

I think we've heard enough bickering.