PDA

View Full Version : I need some opinions

AJB32690
01-07-2008, 04:36 AM
Okay, so Ive got this car here. Shes a '94 Olds Eighty Eight Royale. Im not really iinto big cars like this, but I got a great deal on it.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n71/ajb32690/01011201021001030220071208d2329d64b.jpg

It needs a new paint job, this one is dull. I was thinking either black, or a dark green with gold trimmings. I was also thinking of putting on 6-spoke, black rims, like the xmod slammed truck rims. What do you guys think?

spectral
01-07-2008, 05:14 AM
black.

Nissanshift350
01-07-2008, 02:59 PM
My opinion is to sell it and buy a car worth puttin money into..

WhiteMKIV
01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Well i used to have a 88 royal, but min was an 85
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/supragtr/DCFN0001.jpg
man i miss it :(

But anyways, if i had your car i would paint it candy apple red. and put nice chromis on it.. but out of your options i would settle for the green with gold pin stripes

snowboi1289
01-07-2008, 03:08 PM
My opinion is to sell it and buy a car worth puttin money into..

yea i did the same..

I say get a "gas friendly car",like a nissan,toyota,and honda..

AJB32690
01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
yea i did the same..

Sorry, I only buy American cars. Im not getting into a domestics vs imports dispute, I just prefer domestics. And I cant really get a new car until I move out, so I dont have to deal with my mothers picky-ness. If it were up to me, I wouldve had a 78 Trans-am right now, but she didnt like it and wouldnt let me buy it. And before you say: "Just buy it without her," I cant because I dont turn 18 till March and therefor I need her name on the title too.

CobaltDude06
01-07-2008, 03:53 PM
black

texan_idiot25
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Black it out.

Them Olds 88's make for nice drivers. Nothing fast, not meant to be, just smooth and comfortable.

torredo
01-07-2008, 04:43 PM
drive it until it dies, i wouldnt spend anything on it.

imho.....just use it as is....a car!

taiwanesekid05
01-07-2008, 06:21 PM
It looks like a, um, granny car. It's funky curviness and styling... Yeah. It would have been better if you chose an older one, makes it look more respectable... In a sense. Anyways, I say black.

jimmythekid1
01-07-2008, 06:25 PM
yea i did the same..

Shows what you know that car gets about 28mpg on the highway, and has a big trunk.

But any way I would only fix whats broken, just keep it safe and drive it.

XmodGam3r
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Black it out fade the lights to be black it will look tight

redrkt
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM
when you say the paint is dull, do you mean- no shine or just dull as in boring?
just remember one thing also, you can get more of your friends in that car than you could in a pos honda, toyota, mitsu, or nissan.
But I guess everybody just have to have everything RIGHT NOW instead of working for what you want. When you get older you will find out that what you do when you are young will stay with you all your life, BUT if you work towards a goal you will find that most everything you do will work out the way you want.
but what do I know, I'm only 49(almost) with a paid for house, truck, boat, and 2 other pieces of property that I have for investment purposes. Plus I can afford to buy anything I want and not have to worry about what it costs.

I guess what I am trying to say is just drive the hell out of it until you can afford to get what you want.

texan_idiot25
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Shows what you know that car gets about 28mpg on the highway, and has a big trunk.

Amen to the deceptive w-bodies!

AJB32690
01-13-2008, 05:42 AM
when you say the paint is dull, do you mean- no shine or just dull as in boring?
just remember one thing also, you can get more of your friends in that car than you could in a pos honda, toyota, mitsu, or nissan.
But I guess everybody just have to have everything RIGHT NOW instead of working for what you want. When you get older you will find out that what you do when you are young will stay with you all your life, BUT if you work towards a goal you will find that most everything you do will work out the way you want.
but what do I know, I'm only 49(almost) with a paid for house, truck, boat, and 2 other pieces of property that I have for investment purposes. Plus I can afford to buy anything I want and not have to worry about what it costs.

I guess what I am trying to say is just drive the hell out of it until you can afford to get what you want.

Dull as in no shine to it, even after being washed and waxed. Plus, it looks like someone took a belt sander to about half the car... Im not gonna put too much into this car. I think the only thing Im gonna do is paint, everything else Im gonna save up for another car, hopefully an older project car, like that 78 Trans-Am I almost bought...

19 city, 28 highway, but the way I drive it, its more like 15. For something that looks like a granny car, it has a lot of power. That 3.8 V6 is a strong engine, if only the car were a little lighter.