PDA

View Full Version : Performance Tip

PrOjEcT_Z
01-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Heres a tip... On all the RadioShack engines there is a black regulator that limits the power to your engine.. 10 out of 16 volts it should be labelled... any way if you succesfully soldder that and make the circuit still work propperly you should get a significant power speed and torque increase in your xmod...

PS.. tis my first post .. ill have pics of my 350z and RSX up soon..

jpringlephoto
01-06-2005, 01:13 PM
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/gt7/gt7.htm

BlackSky909
01-07-2005, 10:13 PM
what do you mean solder it? It is already soldered...

YzakB4DDRG
01-08-2005, 07:06 AM
I have a question, why does everyone call them engines?? THEY ARE NOT ENGINES!! THEY ARE MOTORS!! Engines run on gas or nitromethane (for the Nitroguys) These are Electric Motors we're talking about, why can't anyone tell the difference?? Geez...

PrOjEcT_Z
01-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Well what i mean is re sodder it, like once you take the resistor thing off so the curcuit still works...Hope this helps

Brickmodder
01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Well what i mean is re sodder it, like once you take the resistor thing off so the curcuit still works...Hope this helps

Care to provide a howto with photos and explanations? I would imagine that 98% of the people who've read this post has NO IDEA what you are talking about.

RobertHarden
01-09-2005, 02:27 AM
DO NOT REMOVE IT. Removing will give you unwanted frequencys back to your ESC and resulting in worse performance, not better.

-Rob

jpringlephoto
01-09-2005, 05:08 AM
What configuration is the NOS made with...
I know that it parallel across the batteries.

PrOjEcT_Z
01-09-2005, 09:08 PM
How come i did that and it worked?

jpringlephoto
01-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Some peeps push their vehicles to the limits and there is where you find out the strength and weakness of your device.
Some of us have found the need for certain parts on the vehicle that makes it (better) to have than not. If manufacturers find it needful, then I think it speaks volumes. If your vehicle is working well without it, cool.
I can tell you that I tried the car inside a subway station, since they have so much space with clean tiles there and the magnetism from the train wreaks havoc on the radio. The capacitor does some of the same as to break up the interference.

VietDraGoNE
01-10-2005, 06:06 PM
What configuration is the NOS made with...
I know that it parallel across the batteries.

its basically a 10 mirco F capacitor u soler on just like a 6 cell upgrade, what i did was solder wires to that cap. and treat it just like a 5th or 6th cell, i found this out from stixXx

jpringlephoto
01-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks...
I will try it.

viperdout
01-25-2005, 07:50 PM
DO NOT REMOVE IT. Removing will give you unwanted frequencys back to your ESC and resulting in worse performance, not better.

-Rob

I believe that's the brown cap, as that is noise-cancelling, but I'm not 100% on that. If you pull the black one, voltage created from the car coasting (an xmod motor is a mini generator when coasting), it can send voltage back through the board, and that's no good. Leave them alone.

BTW, not only is it stupid to mess with it, but you'll end up frying the electronics. Watch and see.