PDA

View Full Version : XRL Central Valley (CA.)

Team AMG
01-04-2005, 07:06 PM
If you live in the central San Joaquin Valley (Visalia to Merced) there is a new XRL forming in the Fresno area. If you race XMODS in any of the following styles then we're for you.

Drift
Closed Street Course
Drag
Closed Track Course
Open Rally (Track or Street)

Please PM me if you are interested in joining. There is no charge for membership.

XRL15thplaceskyline
01-04-2005, 10:47 PM
what exactly is it, and do you travel to other races?? :-?

Team AMG
01-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Well, I'm not coming to Long Island, that's for sure.

XRL's are XMOD racing Leagues, basically guys that get together and race. Some have the RS tracks, I have about 200 square feet of that plus I'm building a permanent course with banked turns.

XRL15thplaceskyline
01-07-2005, 10:00 PM
that sucks....nothing ever goes on here..... :roll_eye:

Team AMG
01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
I'd say move out here but right now the weather sucks, we got 4" of rain last night and our power has been out off and on for the last week.

Team AMG
01-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Central Valley XRL now has the sponsorship of three Radio Shacks in the Fresno and Clovis area. In cooperation with those supporting businesses we have developed the following rules for competetion. Please note that this is for the XMOD Racing League only, the local Hardcore Racing Styles (HRS) operates under a different set of rules.

This is a SPEC SERIES, no parts other than those commercially available through Radio Shack may be used. Stock parts may be "modified" in those classes that allow such modifications. Tech inspectors will have the final decision.

SHOWROOM STOCK: Any starter kit, no modifications allowed other than that included in the kit with the exception of tires only. $60 claiming rule. Winning cars will be tech inspected immediately after race concludes.

MODIFIED STOCK: Any starter kit with the following allowed modifications only; any tire and wheel upgrade, suspension upgrade, ball bearing upgrade and custom body panel upgrades, Nicad batteries only, 4 cells maximum. $80 claiming rule. Winning cars will be tech inspected immediately after race concludes.

MODIFIED: Modified Stock upgrades plus Stage 1 or Stage 2 motor upgrades, AWD, body modifications for lightness, but limited to 4 cells only. $125 claiming rule. Winning cars will be tech inspected immediately after race concludes.

OPEN COMP: Modified upgrades plus battery upgrades (Nicads, 6 cells max). No claiming rule, no tear down protest rule. Winning cars will be tech inspected immediately after race concludes.

All cars will have Radio Shack parts only, no aftermarket parts permitted, this is a SPEC Series.

Tear down protests will cost $10. If the car is found legal the money goes to the protested car owner, if found illegal the money is returned and the car is disqualified.

You must have raced against a car to exercise the claiming rule. Cash only in claiming rule exchanges.

Age classes: Over 16 years old and 16 years old and under. 16 and under cars all classes race together. Possibility for a pre-teen class is the turn out supports it.

All transmitters will be impounded during races, anyone found to have a transmitter in their pit will be disqualified from the event.

Prizes awarded will vary from venue to venue, with the series winner in each class getting a new XMOD starter kit of their choice from Radio Shack. This will be a 12 race, bi-weekly series, to begin March 5, 2005 and concluding August 20, 2005. venues will be:
Radio Shack- 4846 East Kings Canyon
Radio Shack - 880 West Herndon (Clovis)
Radio Shack - Sierra Vista Mall (Clovis)

Other venues may be added if sponsorship is approved by other stores.

For information please PM me through this forum.