PDA

View Full Version : Reset questions thread

123Vette
01-02-2008, 05:00 PM
ok i have a few questions for myself and im sure many others

(I dont think many apply to some including me but theyll help some of the newer people)

1. the new people-there accounts are deleted correct and ave to remake it.

2. post counts-people who are now below 50 dont get graces or do they? and do the new names still work?

3. banned_anyone who was banned since the saved do they get rebanned or will they be allowed back?

plz to help the nods out in this situation post all questions here, hope this helps!

b-shizzle
01-02-2008, 05:09 PM
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?p=128079#post128079
read it..

TheB1GDude
01-02-2008, 05:09 PM
OK what Boske is saying is that the last database backup is from October 2007 that means anything entered in November and December is gone! and when I say anything I mean anything, posts & post counts, new areas of the forums, new members, etc, etc.

We are all (members, moderators & administrators) going to have to work hard over the next few weeks to get things back the way they where.

I can not answer your question about people who have banned, currently their accounts will work (assuming that they hadn't been banned prior to October) but the site administrators and super moderators are going to have to confirm exactly what their status will be from now on.

As for your other questions, yes people are going to have to re-register and get their post counts back up to where they where, hopefully most people can remember what threads they had made about their work and repost them once more.

BlackSky909 is going to have to redo the New Members and Projects are so hold off on those types of threads until you see the area has been restored.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

WhiteMKIV
01-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Is there anyway to restore the post counts? or do we gotta re build them?

b-shizzle
01-02-2008, 05:15 PM
yea it is two months behind so we r like from Oct now like a time machine.. we went back in time! :D

TheB1GDude
01-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Is there anyway to restore the post counts? or do we gotta re build them?

Guys I'm sorry but we don't have a more recent site database backup that means all that information is just gone! You are going to have to rebuild everything!

snowboi1289
01-02-2008, 05:31 PM
yes its back online...thanks to all the ppls who fixed it !!!

monsterhunter
01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
hey yea im gald you guys got this back up thanks all that helped fix it, any one notice our newest member?

WhiteMKIV
01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
well who ever he is he is french and asking if any one speaks french.

firebird999
01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
yay! we're back! i wonder what my sig/avvy/post count are. hmmm....

EDIT:THOSE!?!?!?!!!? awwww.....
485-375 posts....

supraboi97
01-02-2008, 06:06 PM
ya i would like that too i went from 97-28 but the mods are doing all they can and are doing great and im glad they got the site back up atleast

WhiteMKIV
01-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks to boske, and everyone else who revived the site. THANKS!

kungpow420
01-02-2008, 06:25 PM
wow I hope the site recovers.

JDMDUDE
01-02-2008, 06:42 PM
yea me to because i had 37 posts now i only got 17 posts

taiwanesekid05
01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Yay! XMS is back... To October... http://houston-imports.com/forums/images/smilies/hsrun.gif

At least I still have my cardboard Xmods thread!
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9840

We need to backup this site more often...

Stampedekid
01-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I lost 500+ posts, I really have to start limiting my posts. Can they try to obtain who hacked it? So some of my cool threads are gone now? ****. I hope that whoever hacked XMS falls off a huge cliff into a fiery pit of death and burns in he11!!!! Do you guys think it was the same people that hacked XMW?

taiwanesekid05
01-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I lost 500+ posts, I really have to start limiting my posts. Can they try to obtain who hacked it? So some of my cool threads are gone now? ****. I hope that whoever hacked XMS falls off a huge cliff into a fiery pit of death and burns in he11!!!! Do you guys think it was the same people that hacked XMW?

Nope. It wasn't some Friden Attaliayalala guy, just some crazy 13 year old hacker with too much time.

JDMDUDE
01-02-2008, 06:49 PM
i even lost all my pics from the gallery

TheB1GDude
01-02-2008, 06:53 PM
It seems like it was just some loser with to much time on their hands! They posted all that political crap to make it seem like they had a real agenda but lets be honest in the bigger scheme of things who really gives a **** about an Xmod site, I mean its not like it going down will have any effect on how the world works! It just makes us xmodders angry!

123Vette
01-02-2008, 06:55 PM
ya its not actaully muslisms they wouldnt waste there time on a rc car forum, it was most likly some1 with a grude (not mentioning names)

taiwanesekid05
01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Woot! Boske's taking legal action!

A probable reason why XMS was hacked because it's easy to. If the person could, they would hack the CIA's website.

TheB1GDude
01-02-2008, 07:02 PM
ya its not actaully muslisms they wouldnt waste there time on a rc car forum, it was most likly some1 with a grude (not mentioning names)

hmm I don't know about that! The person who did that hack obviously had some skill... maybe it was an ex-member more likely that an ex-member asked posted somewhere else about taken us down or we got the (bad) luck of the draw in some online hack community.

Either way it sucks balls and hope boske is able to track them down and make them pay!

123Vette
01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
uhh might sound noobishbut what is xmodding.com may i ask?

REDisFASTER
01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Woot! Boske's taking legal action!

A probable reason why XMS was hacked because it's easy to. If the person could, they would hack the CIA's website.

Even a dedicated group of hackers on the other side of the world wouldn't try to take any action on the CIA if they know what's best... The CIA doesn't have Norton, McAfee or Avast security running for them, they've got the most bulletproof security system, not a chance anyone is getting past the CIA website without many years dedication... I know for a fact, that it can take hours, sometimes even days to crack a WinZip password with a brute force cracker with a password of 12 characters long, what more CIA's security? They could be using 20 character long passwords with mixtures of dashes, dots, lower and upper case characters and numbers... Its simply not worth it.

With that said, even if someone were to get in, the CIA would retaliate and send a cruise missile up their butt just for doing so... (Either that or just arrest 'em... I don't know :p)

Donziikid
01-02-2008, 07:46 PM
[EDIT] We made it on to xmodding.com :)

http://www.xmoding.com/sitemap/index.php/t-8715.html

Erm...That's a link to Xmodworld's hack. Am I missing something? :lol:

texan_idiot25
01-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Even a dedicated group of hackers on the other side of the world wouldn't try to take any action on the CIA if they know what's best... The CIA doesn't have Norton, McAfee or Avast security running for them, they've got the most bulletproof security system, not a chance anyone is getting past the CIA website without many years dedication... I know for a fact, that it can take hours, sometimes even days to crack a WinZip password with a brute force cracker with a password of 12 characters long, what more CIA's security? They could be using 20 character long passwords with mixtures of dashes, dots, lower and upper case characters and numbers... Its simply not worth it.

That little robot in transformers can do it! :nod:

So I'm reading my 3rd or 4th PM saying that I got unbanned from this too :lol: Should I stay, or should I go?

Oh yeh, and ban all of fordman's "Cousins", "Brothers", and "Friends"

mini-z drift
01-02-2008, 09:07 PM
How'd we get the site back? How did Boske do it/what did he do?

tmr555
01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Texan?????

texan_idiot25
01-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Texan?????

Yes. Basically, the entire site was wiped out. So, they had to, in all basics, clear off what was left of the site as of yesterday, and reload it as of October 26th it seems, the last time the site was backed up.

This means everything after the time on the 26th is gone. Avatars, posts, members, and infractions. About 1/3 the infractions I had are gone (My ban came from a long list of petty infractions... Not like Fordman's BS). Wether or not I get to stay, is up to the admins..

But yeh, I haven't missed a thing. If something went down at XMS, I had PMs, and AIM messages flowing in :lol:

taiwanesekid05
01-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Woot! Texan's back! The gods have answered a few of our requests!

THE EDJ
01-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Due to the hacking, there is no memory of the last couple months, which means there is no memory of the banning of a few certain members. That is why texan is back. Moderators are currently discussing what will be done about this, whether or not bans will be upheld, etc.

IF ANYONE, yes that means YOU, mentions the words "bring ______ back", or something similar in nature, be forewarned that you WILL receive infraction points. XMS has taken a serious hit and we cannot, and will not waste time giving warnings, and babysitting. You have all (okay, most of you) shown an increase in responsibility and maturity and we as a moderating staff would be thankful if you as a community would cooperate. We are getting things sorted out and put back together, so just hang in there folks, XMS will be running at full throttle soon enough.

Thanks,

THE EDJ

dontspamme
01-03-2008, 01:56 AM

+1

I didnt have much to post, except for helping out the new ones and answering their question, but ****, I racked up 300 posts in 2 months... Thank god I didnt post my RSX yet, or that would've just wasted my time. Hopefully everything will get back to normal. But I do have one question. What if some people had about 300 posts, but they all got deleted and left with 36 post, are they still allowed to post in the B/S/T? **** hackers... I need a new quote again...

meme405
01-03-2008, 03:22 AM

With that said, even if someone were to get in, the CIA would retaliate and send a cruise missile up their butt just for doing so... (Either that or just arrest 'em... I don't know :p)

I work at cypress (A mountain on the north shore of vancouver, their hosting part of the 2010 winter oympics...) Their system got the most beefing up this season, They have a nuclear bomb proof system, to store legal data, lock doors, lock cash trays, etc. i have been working in their security for 3 years now and i only recently discovered the extent of the new system when they gave me the password. which they told me to not write down and tested me to make sure i knew it by heart, so thta i wouldnt have to write it down. i also signed 33 pages of paperwork that basically said they owned me and if i told anyone the password they had a **** near right to kill me. Every morning i have to plug in the password into the lifts so they can be started up i have to unlock all the doors manually at each building by plugging in the password into the "Deadbox", and today was the first day i had to do it all on my own. it took me from 2-6 to get everything booted up going from building to building VIA truck, snowmobile, a bobcat since it snowed and i got the **** truck stuck...

then 3 more hours of monitoring and then finally a break and another round of checkups, and then my day finally wound up with me kicking two boys off the mountain for rolling joints in the cafeteria washroom stall...LOL

What does this have to do with anything, **** i forgot, oh yeah nobodies going to hack our system, NOBODY WILL HACK THE CIA's unless theyve worked in a position of power, or are literally a supre human and spend years waching activity and figure out passwords, and systems, individually.

Ive got a question...:

What happens to the update the site went thorugh regarding post count and new tags and so on...

xmodscarbon's_lost
01-03-2008, 04:58 AM
ya its not actaully muslisms they wouldnt waste there time on a rc car forum, it was most likly some1 with a grude (not mentioning names)Sorry to say this but i think it might have been brasso! he got mad on xmodsworld about it and the moderator warned him not to trash talk about this site!:lol:

Surgeon
01-03-2008, 12:50 PM

Does anything radical Muslim groups do make any sense? For that matter any radical religious groups period.

Maybe for each site they hack they get an extra virgin in their ascent to allah.....

Life
01-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Does anything radical Muslim groups do make any sense? For that matter any radical religious groups period.

Maybe for each site they hack they get an extra virgin in their ascent to allah.....

please dont say that as someone might get angry :nodno: :nodno: :nodno: :roll: :roll: :o :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :-?

bondo
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
please dont say that as someone might get angry :nodno: :nodno: :nodno: :roll: :roll: :o :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :-?

i think your missing the point.
he said RADICAL.
nothing wrong with religion.
nothing wrong with muslims.

there is however something wrong with extremeists who feel that their god is the only god.

there are hundreds of religions out there and for one to tell another who is right is wrong.
every organized religion has its faults aswell as relevant arguments.

the very bottom line is, there isnt one single person or religion that can provide proof as to what happens when you die.
that mystery will never be solved.

my point, GET OVER IT!
stay true to your beliefs but dont EVER tell someone their wrong for beliveing in a god that you dont agree with