PDA

View Full Version : the pontiac G8, gotta love it

suicide_star
10-21-2007, 10:44 PM
www.pontiac.com/g8/index.jsp

Wow is all i have to say...

(if that link doesnt work, just go to pontiac.com and check it out)

Twin_Turbo
10-21-2007, 11:35 PM
pretty nice car, but i would rather take the solstice gxp over that.

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Two different cars for two different things, Twin Turbo.

But, God I hope HSV imports their beast as the G8's top-end GXP.

mustanglover
10-21-2007, 11:57 PM
my aunt has a new GXP

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 11:59 PM
It aint this beast:
http://autoreview.belproject.com/media/1/20060823-2007-holden-hsv-e-series-clubsport-r8.jpg

The HSV version of the Commedore.

Were not talkin the GXP of the past.

Twin_Turbo
10-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Well I agree that the car is a beast but is just because of that gianormous v8.

jimmythekid1
10-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Well I agree that the car is a beast but is just because of that gianormous v8.

ITS not enormous as far as v8s go, enormous would be a 7.4liter

taiwanesekid05
10-22-2007, 07:54 PM
the G8 is pretty much GM's last hope if it wants to beat the japanese cars. (hurray! let's go into the past of the G8!) the G8 is a copy of the Holden VE Commodore, the Zeta platform which was created by Holden.
the Holden Commodore is found as:
-Vauxhall VXR8
-Pontiac G8
-Something else...
this is old news... it's been around for at least a half a year

REDisFASTER
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
I would love for the G8 to reach Canadian market! We never got the GTO, which was really, a Grand Prix-looking V8 RWD... We should be compensated with the G8!

texan_idiot25
10-22-2007, 08:05 PM
the G8 is pretty much GM's last hope if it wants to beat the japanese cars. (hurray! let's go into the past of the G8!) the G8 is a copy of the Holden VE Commodore, the Zeta platform which was created by Holden.
-Vauxhall VXR8
-Pontiac G8
-Something else...

Japanese cars? HAHA, name another mid-large RWD Japanese sedan that competes with this car. And it aint Lexus.

Its an american thing.

And this is not old news, the production car's pictures are just slowly coming up.

suicide_star
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM
its not old, all i saw before yesterday were concept versions of this car...i didnt know they had a production version ready to hit the market...japanese cars can kiss my ***...my american cars dont need 2 turbos and 60 ft of pipe under the hood to make 400+ hp lmfao

xmodmaverick
10-22-2007, 09:58 PM
looks pretty good. maybe RS could make an xmod of it....

atruebudfan
10-22-2007, 10:53 PM
-Vauxhall VXR8
-Pontiac G8
-Something else...

GM is improving, while Toyota is slipping. And this is happening before a lot of GM's new cars hit the streets (Camaro, G8, Malibu, ect.).
http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/22/news/international/toyota_gm/index.htm?section=money_topstories

You wanna know how much GM is improving? When the new Malibu hits show rooms its going to be sitting next to a brand new Toyota Camry. And your going be able to test drive both of them at the Chevy dealer.

taiwanesekid05
10-23-2007, 06:55 PM
GM is improving, while Toyota is slipping. And this is happening before a lot of GM's new cars hit the streets (Camaro, G8, Malibu, ect.).
http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/22/news/international/toyota_gm/index.htm?section=money_topstories

You wanna know how much GM is improving? When the new Malibu hits show rooms its going to be sitting next to a brand new Toyota Camry. And your going be able to test drive both of them at the Chevy dealer.

i read in the newspaper that toyota sold around 7.05 million cars and gm sold 7.06. and the camry vs malibu is also another desparation to prove that american cars are better.

texan_idiot25
10-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Desperation? This shows that GM has far more confidence in its cars. It pulled a similar promo with the Aura. It shows that, GM is not afraid to on the spot show theirs versus Toyotas. If you can sell a car, next to its competitor, which, by the large jump in Aura sales during the promo, shows that GM has no problem any more.

GM passed Toyota for Q3, toyota passed GM in Q1, which was by only a few houndred million, which in this business, aint nothing.

What exciting car has Toyota brought to us recently? :lol:

live4luck14
10-23-2007, 07:26 PM
i dont find anything that good about it.

supraboi97
10-23-2007, 07:43 PM
that g8 isn't too bad one of the nicer pictures i've seen

Xmodder226
10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Too bad the G8 only comes in auto

taiwanesekid05
10-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Desperation? This shows that GM has far more confidence in its cars. It pulled a similar promo with the Aura. It shows that, GM is not afraid to on the spot show theirs versus Toyotas. If you can sell a car, next to its competitor, which, by the large jump in Aura sales during the promo, shows that GM has no problem any more.

toyota dosen't need to do that because they don't need some other car to prove that they are better. it's reputation dosnen't need some foreign car to show off what make it better. gm's got Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vauxhall but it only had about 10000 more car sales. toyota only has lexus, scion and itself. that's why i still think they're desperate. did they do that 10 years ago? nope. when they were at top, did they need to do that? nope. once toyota and other japanese car makers started to catch up, they needed to do that. GM IS DESPERATE.

REDisFASTER
10-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Guys, do I have to say it again? Both sides have their pros and cons. This doesn't mean you can argue about it in a thread made solely on the G8.

Keep those kinds of opinions to yourselves. You don't want this thread locked as well, do you?

Surgeon
10-23-2007, 11:22 PM
What exciting car has Toyota brought to us recently? :lol:

Lexus ISF.

Hideous body, performance monster. Over 400 horsepower, where pontiac stopped at 362.